Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll be getting my Batpod on Friday, feeling a bit meh towards it tbh, guess it'll be nice to finally have one in the collection though :dunno

Looks like I'll be getting my Batpod on Friday, feeling a bit meh towards it tbh, guess it'll be nice to finally have one in the collection though :dunno

I was the same way. I wasn't nearly as excited for this as I was the Tumbler. Honestly, I probably never would have bought it if I didn't get such a good deal from gohastings.com. I bought it not only to complete my Nolan Batman collection but for Catwoman.

I was never that into my first edition Batpod, and sold it a while back, so I was a bit unsure about getting the new one. However, I think this one looks much better on display, particularly under led lighting where the paintwork really gleams.

I can't wait to get my batpod. I'll probably mess around with catwoman on there when the figure is released but ultimately I'm getting it for batman. I loved the batpod in the dark knight and the dark knight rises and think it'll make for an awesome display.

Yeah i watched the DKR again the other night & the Pod is in a lot of scenes in that movie so glad i ended up getting it this time around, Just slightly concerned about reading all posts about QC issues & miss-aligned wheels etc that would be a nightmare as we dont have SSC in the UK to get replacement parts or quick replacements :(

That's my only worry to be honest. Fingers crossed it comes ok but if it is really bad I'll see if I can get a replacement still. But yeah, the bat pod scenes in the dkr are awesome. When batman first shows up and makes his big return, that whole scene is so cool, watching him zooming around on the pod, EMP gun shutting down the lights and surrounding vehicles. Also the whole chase scene in the dak knight is awesome. Love when he drives through what I think was a mall.

That's my only worry to be honest. Fingers crossed it comes ok but if it is really bad I'll see if I can get a replacement still. But yeah, the bat pod scenes in the dkr are awesome. When batman first shows up and makes his big return, that whole scene is so cool, watching him zooming around on the pod, EMP gun shutting down the lights and surrounding vehicles. Also the whole chase scene in the dak knight is awesome. Love when he drives through what I think was a mall.

It sucks that cop shot the EMP gun though :lol. I would of love to have seen it been used more in the movie.

yeah i made a decision it would have to be a real bad serious QC problem or if it turns up in 2 pieces that I'd get it replaced, I'm already planning on how to improve the fragile parts of the pod, not sure how much is plastic & what is die cast metal, If the front wheel is slightly off or mis-aligned that wont be a major problems as im gonna probably get the steering shaft/column machined in aluminium & any other fragile parts like the handle bars etc.. so it is more rigid & solid Those huge rubber wheels can take some weight. Prefer the guns to be aluminium aswell. I aint gonna have this thing as an ornament i wanna be able to physically handle it without worry of something popping off or breaking. I havent seen TDK movie for ages i'll have to watch it again to see the Pod in action & also how much screen time the tumbler gets to see if its worth getting one before the prices max out.
Hope you get your Pod real soon mate should really be this week if there efficient at modelzone, Mine should be here tomorrow depending on how bad the snow is between Stuttgart & Leipzig that's where i am now

It sucks that cop shot the EMP gun though :lol. I would of love to have seen it been used more in the movie.

I know, I was really looking forward to seeing some cool stuff with the EMP gun, disappointed there was so little use of it. Also it seems to randomly appear and disappear after its shot. Obviously editing errors but really bugs me. :lol

yeah i made a decision it would have to be a real bad serious QC problem or if it turns up in 2 pieces that I'd get it replaced, I'm already planning on how to improve the fragile parts of the pod, not sure how much is plastic & what is die cast metal, If the front wheel is slightly off or mis-aligned that wont be a major problems as im gonna probably get the steering shaft/column machined in aluminium & any other fragile parts like the handle bars etc.. so it is more rigid & solid Those huge rubber wheels can take some weight. Prefer the guns to be aluminium aswell. I aint gonna have this thing as an ornament i wanna be able to physically handle it without worry of something popping off or breaking. I havent seen TDK movie for ages i'll have to watch it again to see the Pod in action & also how much screen time the tumbler gets to see if its worth getting one before the prices max out.
Hope you get your Pod real soon mate should really be this week if there efficient at modelzone, Mine should be here tomorrow depending on how bad the snow is between Stuttgart & Leipzig that's where i am now

The tumbler is in TDK very little really. The small scene at the beginning when it crashes through the wall and then a brief portion of the chase before its destroyed. I think more of batman begins though when I see the tumbler. It was awesome in that movie, specifically that chase scene from the cops.
Good luck with your work on the pod when you get it mate, sounds like a cool project.

Yeah, the Pod was seen to be more versatile and effective since TDK.

I mean, Catwoman managed to just blast a Tumbler with a single shot on the Batpod... it makes me ask, what could the Tumbler do again?

Cheers mate, i suppose if i was just gonna display all the batman stuff i'd leave the pod stock but coz i like to do dioramas or specific scenes from the movie the figures & vehicles will be moved around a lot or need to cope with various poses thats why i would prefer to strengthen the Pod with aluminium parts. With you guys mentioning the scene with the EMP gun im debating if to do a diorama of that exact scene where he shoots at the guy on the motorcross bike & then the idiot police man shoots his cool new gun haha Need to find a 1/6 cop car & a bike should be easy enough eh haha

Yeah, the Pod was seen to be more versatile and effective since TDK.

I mean, Catwoman managed to just blast a Tumbler with a single shot on the Batpod... it makes me ask, what could the Tumbler do again?

Haha yeah exactly what does the tumbler do again :lol it was a big factor in why i never bought the re-released tumbler as it is not in the latest movie at all & im not keen on the Camo version as i will not be getting bane. I know a lot of guys wanted the tumbler coz they missed out the first time but im glad i cancelled mine as i used the cash for more figures instead of a huge *** vehicle

Cheers mate, i suppose if i was just gonna display all the batman stuff i'd leave the pod stock but coz i like to do dioramas or specific scenes from the movie the figures & vehicles will be moved around a lot or need to cope with various poses thats why i would prefer to strengthen the Pod with aluminium parts. With you guys mentioning the scene with the EMP gun im debating if to do a diorama of that exact scene where he shoots at the guy on the motorcross bike & then the idiot police man shoots his cool new gun haha Need to find a 1/6 cop car & a bike should be easy enough eh haha

That sounds like a really cool set up. Was a great scene and would make for an awesome diorama. Plus its the only scene with bats on the pod in the movie. Haha.

it makes me ask, what could the Tumbler do again?

Begins

- Fly on rooftops!

- Fly on rooftops without falling through the roof!

- Fly on rooftops without falling through the roof whilst destroying shingles!

TDK

- Blow up!

Haha yeah exactly what does the tumbler do again :lol it was a big factor in why i never bought the re-released tumbler as it is not in the latest movie at all & im not keen on the Camo version as i will not be getting bane. I know a lot of guys wanted the tumbler coz they missed out the first time but im glad i cancelled mine as i used the cash for more figures instead of a huge *** vehicle

Yeah I think you need to really love the tumbler if you're gonna pick up the hot toys one. I do love it, have done since begins and think it was fantastic in that movie, hence why I had to get it when the re release came along. Was pricey but it looks stunning.

That sounds like a really cool set up. Was a great scene and would make for an awesome diorama. Plus its the only scene with bats on the pod in the movie. Haha.

That is very true thats the only scene we see bats on the Pod, i think thats why when they announced selina i was determined to get the Pod as she is on it more in the movie & i think the figure of her looks awesome & i do like the HT female characters they seem to have better proportions than the male figures & gotta love those tight costumes haha

Yeah I think you need to really love the tumbler if you're gonna pick up the hot toys one. I do love it, have done since begins and think it was fantastic in that movie, hence why I had to get it when the re release came along. Was pricey but it looks stunning.

would have been cool if HT had made the Tumbler like in the scene where its all banged up & bats activates the pod to come flying out of it, I think they would have had to make the tumbler more like a transformer for that to work but wow how cool would that have been, you get a tumbler & pod in one vehicle

Back