Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that the mesh will show up much more clearly in person. It's not popping in photos but I'm guessing it's there. I know I keep bringing it up, but when I saw the old proto, I was amazed at the detail. I was staring at the gloves forever. There is mesh detail all over the hand and the knuckles were perfectly done. That was just a small sample but the whole figure had that detail.

That being said, I imagine the customizers will be able to make it even better.

Cannot wait for in-hand pictures from Hong Kong and to get the figure myself. Cannot wait for MaulFan to get his and really go to town!!!

I think thats because the gloves are harder rubber/plastic and the details are more sharper. but with soft rubber or what ever material was used it's kinda hard.

My guess is that the mesh will show up much more clearly in person. It's not popping in photos but I'm guessing it's there. I know I keep bringing it up, but when I saw the old proto, I was amazed at the detail. I was staring at the gloves forever. There is mesh detail all over the hand and the knuckles were perfectly done. That was just a small sample but the whole figure had that detail.

That being said, I imagine the customizers will be able to make it even better.

Cannot wait for in-hand pictures from Hong Kong and to get the figure myself. Cannot wait for MaulFan to get his and really go to town!!!

What I've noticed is here and many other places, hobbyists seem to do a much better job than the pro's or whoever does the production photos for these things.

I feel the same way you do. I love the Batpod and have wanted it from day one but the Tumbler is just too expensive and really doesn't interest me that much.

No love for The Tumbler by HT?

I love love love the design, it's my favorite live action Batmobile and I think they've captured it well

The thing fits your 1/6th scale Batman figures! How can you say that's too big? And it's functional. It's not like its a gigantic $500 paperweight!

Oh well

I think thats because the gloves are harder rubber/plastic and the details are more sharper. but with soft rubber or what ever material was used it's kinda hard.

Good point. I imagine you're right but I do remember the overall detail being impressive...

The wait is killing me.

I love love love the design, it's my favorite live action Batmobile and I think they've captured it well

The thing fits your 1/6th scale Batman figures! How can you say that's too big? And it's functional. It's not like its a gigantic $500 paperweight!

Oh well
I also love the design and agree that they've done a masterful job of capturing it, but my wallet doesn't love the thing.

Last edited:

Oh well

no doubt its sweet and a cool design but theres nothing really to do with it except make it move on a surface back and forth and i dont want to put my original suit batman in it since it would be a waste of a figure to not pose it. its just too heavy and big to put anywhere and for me its not worth $500 to just sit there and attract dust. dont get me wrong i would love to have it but just not for $500

Oh well

Functional? True the lights work and the hatch opens (manually I'm betting), but it doesn't drive around and it's friggin' HUGE! For that price, you can get Batman (either version), the Joker (either version) and Two-Face, including shipping. Plus have the room to display them too. If you've got the cash to burn, by all means, but I'd rather save it for the rest of the line.

for all who are buying the tumbler, where are you going to put that 25 pounds weighing beast? I can't wait for all these HT figures to come out so i can see some displays

So does anyone have any idea what companies will have these right after next weeks release? i dont want to wait til december....

However, the Pod is sooooo tempting for me. Everytime I see pictures like this I cry inside, as a collectibles photographer I know what I could do with this figure and the Pod, but I'm just not sure how I'd feel having it once I was done.

tdk2_2_2.jpg

any good friends that wants this pod?Work your magic and give it to the collector when done,if anyone is willing to do that for you that is.

hey guys, is this new DK version will use the new slim type body?
cause from the picture below it doesn't seem like a slim body to me.
it's just a normal body with modified upper arm.

HT_TruetypeBody_SlimVer_01.jpg

tdk3do1.jpg

hey guys, is this new DK version will use the new slim type body?
cause from the picture below it doesn't seem like a slim body to me.
it's just a normal body with modified upper arm.

HT_TruetypeBody_SlimVer_01.jpg

tdk3do1.jpg

That's a strange comparison picture.

a) If you at the pic with the headsculpts on, the new body's chest area seems to be smaller and not as wide as the one on the right has a "V-shaped" upper body and the muscles are differently shaped. The ball joint at the hips seem to be smaller on the new body, and as you pointed out, the shoulders are smaller as well

b) However, if you look at the comparison on the bottom left, both bodies look the same, except for the shoulder joints.

b) However, if you look at the comparison on the bottom left, both bodies look the same, except for the shoulder joints.

that's why i'm asking.
was there any announcement or information on which body type HT will use for the TDK?
cause i'm sure to have read it somewhere that TDK will use the slim one.

that's why i'm asking.
was there any announcement or information on which body type HT will use for the TDK?
cause i'm sure to have read it somewhere that TDK will use the slim one.

Didn't you ask this already?? The slim body and the TDK body are two entirely different bodies.

Your comparison pic is comparing three different bodies. You've pasted together two pictures that aren't related. There's one comparing the slim body to the TrueType, used to promote the Michael Jackson figure, and then on the bottom you've got the TrueType and the modifed TDK TrueType used for The Dark Knight figure.

Right now there is no explanation why there is a Christian Bale head on a slim body, but your bottom picture demonstrates quite clearly that the TDK body is a TrueType with modified shoulders.

Right now there is no explanation why there is a Christian Bale head on a slim body, but your bottom picture demonstrates quite clearly that the TDK body is a TrueType with modified shoulders.

oh thanks.
i thought TDK will use the slim one.

What I find interesting is that instead of modifying the armour-figure body that the original suit is on, TDK Batman is on a modified regular truetype body (or at least so it seems from the pics). I guess that means the body suit will be quite tight against the body.

EDIT: never mind - I was wrong, original suit is on the regular-type body

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back