Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what they've done with the bank robber joker, what i'd expect to see in a TDK suit v2:

Sonar lenses Head (with lightup eyes, or just painted, lights would be cooler)
Honk Kong scene BackPack
Removable cape (to swap pack)
Sticky bomb gun
Bruce Wayne Head

That's why I held out and didn't get the v1 TDK Batman.

The only reason to do a third Batman would be the HK version. Plus, with HT, it's the home costume. It will be done.

It's not hard to see though because lately hot toys seems to be really trying to cover all the bases with single figures and their accessories to be the one for the whole movie.

With the first joker they didnt have all the information or reference they needed so they made another one that covers everything aside from the nurse look, which is still a big chance of a one to see.

Look at the new begins suit batman, he even had the mangler which was something he used for all of 30 seconds in the film, and we never saw again, but with it he's now an all over begins batman. Granted they could have done the harness (with teh bale head i wish they would have) but still.

I see it simply as they didnt have the information and reference like joker so they'll probably try to make up with it with a second alternate style version and the honk kong batman is a key part of the flim not just toy style flash in the pan its the first time we see the suit in action and its a big moment him standing up there so its an obvious choice for a figure, and goes well with the sticky gun.

20080802_e104c6968356fddd0a6aUHS136HH3lo1.jpg

20080802_c6e53dc71d440f807a12bzYgnjAt7sTk.jpg

20080802_8c0d847e8ca541347b7ddzJ1a5vqMr4I.jpg

20080802_57921edc1860290e0808swLI0NuDMSLn.jpg

20080802_5d16f39cffe9a54237a564fQJvV3Popf.jpg

20080802_09d3902fb0fec05c121dNdONvPRekEVb.jpg

20080802_9bf53b11c6c0f26697fe4RtniAwJnnrk.jpg

20080802_52103fc824289179f723OBU8s1p24bPz.jpg

From Toy-World...

Last edited:
ill wait for some better looking picture and the actual product before i judge on this figure..i hope it gets release earlier...

:D

I don't believe they will release a "HK skyscraper" Batman. Maybe it is just me but I don't see the demand for a capeless Batman with backpack.

It's stated in the movie to be a kevlar/Carbon Fiber bi-weave. So the plastic look is going to be more prevalent as opposed to the Begins suit. That and they were going for a more realistic take on the gray suit version like the current comic version, while keeping the black armor tone.

If they could perhaps get one that has realistic expandable (to the movie anyway) cape/wings that you could outstretch his arrms and insert his hands into little pockets I'd go for that (it could be a separate cape you put on, like a sculpt). But I'm fine with a cape that you can pose so that it can be all action like on the exteremly cool Bat-Pod.

sorry for the double post guys. lol.

Last edited:
If they could perhaps get one that has realistic expandable (to the movie anyway) cape/wings that you could outstretch his arrms and insert his hands into little pockets I'd go for that (it could be a separate cape you put on, like a sculpt). But I'm fine with a cape that you can pose so that it can be all action like on the exteremly cool Bat-Pod.

sorry for the double post guys. lol.

That's the thing for me. If a second figure was the same base figure, it'd have to feature a cape that could be locked into a spread like the movie, it enters the realm of toy doing that, but that's the only thing that could sell me on a second of this figure. The sticky gun and sonar lenes are cool, but the lenses especially don't have much draw for me. This figure should be enough for me, but if they did that cape mod, I'd have to get that, it'd be awesome to have a Batman with a cape that could be opened to look like wings.

I can't believe I would be the only one falling for the lenses... It really gave him the comics look that was missing so far while looking realistic.

Last edited:
See, thing for me is, I don't follow Batman comics, never read one. My Batman background is the Adam West series, the 90's movie quadrilogy, Batman the Animated Series and now the Nolan movie series. The sonar lenses were a cool feature, but don't hold any special worth or connection for me, but I can understand why some would be drawn to it.

I can't believe I would be the only one falling for the lenses... It really gave him the comics look that was missing so far while looking realistic.

I'd love to see lenses on a future figure. The sonar scenes were important enough to me and I do like the 'comic look' it provided. I hope its a seperate head with a light up feature.

I liked the sonar lenses and that entire scene, I'm just not sure i'd buy a seperate figure to have it. If they just released a seperate head I'd definitely get it. They never do that though.

They should just release a separate pack with just accessories or something, but that would be hard to do for the hong kong backpack since we dont know if this batman has a detachable cape.

Hot Toys is in Hong Kong so I think they kind of have to do a Hong Kong (skyscrapper) Batman.

Making the eyes like the comics was cool but it played such a small part in the movie -- one of the few parts in the movie that fell flat IMO -- so I'm on the fence how much I'd chase a Sonar head down.

When in the hell is this thing going to start shipping in Hong Kong? I think i am going to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back