Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite post in a very long time...
:lol

Some green rep coming your way!!

Thanks for the rep points mate. :hi5:

It is nice to know that I put a smile or someone's face, intentionally or not. :lol

I wouldn't swap the MOS figure with a shorter peg. :nono
Personally, every figure I've seen where it was shortened, the figure's proportion looked off.
I think even Tony Meis who did this mod, eventually reverted back to the long pegs cause he said
he likes it better that way.
He has a very long torso, shortening the legs wont fix the issue.
It solves your issue of making him shorter, but now he looks like he has short legs.

At 1/6 scale, anything done sometimes can be magnified immensely, and something simple as replacing the foot pegs
makes a considerable difference.
When I had my HT Cap TFA, I had the short pegs, and Sideshow actually sent me the long pegs for free cause
some of the figures came with it, and mine didnt. Once I replaced it with the long pegs, it made a HUGE HUGE difference.
So something as simple as switching Foot pegs can make a huge difference.
The Crow's case, it makes it much nicer, but in supes case, putting a short peg throws off the proportion of the figure.
And much like myself, and most of the people, once you have it in hand, the height becomes a non issue.
It doesnt bother me one bit.

Thanks for the advice Remy and I think I will just leave Supes on the longer foot pegs and should I mod the Crow with the longer foot pegs then I will just buy a spare pair from eBay.

Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391749204.757781.jpg

Took a quick iPhone pic. In my opinion it looks MUCH better in person with the jacket off than it does in pictures. Overall I'm very happy with this figure. It's light on accessories for the price but it's very nice in hand.

Painted the lips on mine. This isn't the permanent paint either so I will probably go and fix it up a bit. Not the best job but I think it's an improvement on the stock paint. I can't go back to looking at the red lips after doing this.

Damn I didn't even notice his lips were red until just now :lol

I really hate the coat on mine, it doesn't lay right at all.

Damn I didn't even notice his lips were red until just now :lol

I really hate the coat on mine, it doesn't lay right at all.

I know. I didn't notice either until a few guys painted theirs and then I couldn't look at mine the same way.:lol The coat is bugging me too. I'm tempted to take the wiring out...

I know. I didn't notice either until a few guys painted theirs and then I couldn't look at mine the same way.:lol The coat is bugging me too. I'm tempted to take the wiring out...

It's mostly the lapels and shoulders that seem to be all out of whack on mine.

Yeah guys, painting the lips and taking the wiring out the coat is a must. I'm not usually one for modding, but it makes such a big difference.

Has Sideshow started sending out shipping notices yet? Their newsletter said now shipping, but I haven't gotten any notice yet.

Mine finally arrived today. Had a phone call from fedex again wondering if i wanted it delivered, and while on the phone, the truck pulled up. Haven't had much time to enjoy it yet, but a quick look through looks good.

I got my Crow today, and I must say I think it looks pretty cool - and for me it's a must have. Great Brandon Lee likeness, and unless Hot Toys will do an Icons version of him, this might be the only one we're getting - since The Crow is pretty much his only big and iconic movie.
But mine did come with a busted elbow, I think the pin is loose, or missing? And I'm not sure how to take off his shirt, since it looks to attached to his under arm.
Anyone had this problem?

Hello everyone. I'm new here and this is my first Hot Toys figure. I absolutely love it, but like a lot of you, I'm not crazy about how the coat lays with the wiring inside. Can those of you that removed the wire post about how you did it. I'm very hesitant to start cutting away on the coat. Thanks.

I got mine and think he's great. I think the coat being a little frumpy matches my memory of the film just fine.

Back