Hot Toys TF Exclusive BvS Armored Batman (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, I think HT just like to **** with people. It's almost hilarious to me that the face the regular needed was used for the one, while the face this one needed was used for the regular. It's just a shame that we're stuck with them in different forms.

I thought I would have been really tempted to buy it and sell my armoured version... but it's not doing anything for me, just seems really lackluster even with new articulation... spear should have been with the original one :/

Same here I'll wait until next week and see if JL figures are revealed. If I still feel like I can fit this one in then I'll go for it.

Wait, there is a way to use points for the NRD or does that always have to be cash? The reason I ask is I have well over $200 in reward points (before WW and Harley Quinn come out) and I'd be more than happy to use those towards this. Sorry if this is a really noob question.

Wait, there is a way to use points for the NRD or does that always have to be cash? The reason I ask is I have well over $200 in reward points (before WW and Harley Quinn come out) and I'd be more than happy to use those towards this. Sorry if this is a really noob question.

I believe they charge the NRD the full amount and then the remaining balance is reduced by the points. I used points on the BTTF 2 Doc and this is how my payment plan looked like after the points still charged the full NRD, hope this helps:
Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 8.47.23 PM.jpg

I think this piece is great. My only quibbles are the expression that is devoid of any emotion and I'd prefer the lense of the remaining eye hole in the mask to be busted out. If I really wanted this though, neither of those would be deal breakers and wouldn't make me think twice about getting it. Just like my quibble that the regular version doesn't include a smirking sculpt ("Well, here I am.") or a closed mouth, serious expression that resembled the scene when he was staring down Superman floating in the sky, didn't stop me from getting it.

Had this figure released at the same time as the other BvS figures last year, I probably would have been more tempted to get it than I am now and would have given it consideration; the main reason being the spear, which as was said, a key piece that everyone wanted which at that time wasn't available through other third parties. However, I believe I still would have gone with the regular version. As I've mentioned before, I really like the Armored suit and I would prefer to showcase it in its full form. I'm generally not attracted to BD outfits unless I'm attempting to recreate a specific scene that necessitates it.

This will make for a lot of great pictures with Superman though.

It's a vicious cycle where purchasers of either version attempt to convince themselves that THEY have the better version. Same thing happened with regular and BV CW Captain America.

Purchasers of regular version: I'm happy with the regular version. I don't really like the sculpt of the BD version.

Purchasers of BD version: That's just your way of talking yourself out of buying this version because you know this is the superior version.

While secretly, that's the purchaser of the BD version's way of also reassuring themselves that they indeed have the better version; by claiming the ones who have the regular version are all jealous of the BD version and have to talk themselves out of buying it because they secretly wish they had it. :lol

As if both versions can't be awesome figures, but some people just simply don't see the need to have both. Pick the one you personally prefer if that's the case. Or get both if you want.

i agree. im just saying from my standpoint, i want this one over the original. I like it better. I'm not saying it's better than the original, the original is awesome. I just personally like it better.

And this is nothing new either. HTs has done this many times. I have no problem with it, they have every right to make what they want and sell what they want. and if people don't like it, then don't buy it. :)

i agree. im just saying from my standpoint, i want this one over the original. I like it better. I'm not saying it's better than the original, the original is awesome. I just personally like it better.

And this is nothing new either. HTs has done this many times. I have no problem with it, they have every right to make what they want and sell what they want. and if people don't like it, then don't buy it. :)

:exactly:

I really like this new version! I don't have an Armored Batman, but I'd love to have this version!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just placed my pre-order.
damn.... I now have 3 armored batman figures. lol
Love to have this one in my collection.

Again, i just want my regular version to be able to pose like that. It would help that figure immensely.

That.. is what irks me about this release more than anything.

Back