Hot Toys TF Exclusive BvS Armored Batman (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad for those who missed out the first time. They still have a chance to get a nice representation of the BvS movie but I agree, the first release is much better imo.

yeah if they both were released the at the same time, same price, I would pick the BD version, because i like BD armor much better and the spear is a key piece i think most of us wanted. Plus i don't care at all about face expressions. It looks like Ben, that is all i care about.

I think its more that people who bought the original now wish they had this BD version but don't want to spend the $$, and are trying to talk themselves out of it by dissing the normal facial expression.

facial expressions or not, as long as it looks like the character that is all i ever look for. I personally didn't buy the original because i had too many POs at the time. I only recently just picked up Superman and Batman Exclusives through eBay because i finally had the $$.

I think this piece is great. My only quibbles are the expression that is devoid of any emotion and I'd prefer the lense of the remaining eye hole in the mask to be busted out. If I really wanted this though, neither of those would be deal breakers and wouldn't make me think twice about getting it. Just like my quibble that the regular version doesn't include a smirking sculpt ("Well, here I am.") or a closed mouth, serious expression that resembled the scene when he was staring down Superman floating in the sky, didn't stop me from getting it.

Had this figure released at the same time as the other BvS figures last year, I probably would have been more tempted to get it than I am now and would have given it consideration; the main reason being the spear, which as was said, a key piece that everyone wanted which at that time wasn't available through other third parties. However, I believe I still would have gone with the regular version. As I've mentioned before, I really like the Armored suit and I would prefer to showcase it in its full form. I'm generally not attracted to BD outfits unless I'm attempting to recreate a specific scene that necessitates it.

This will make for a lot of great pictures with Superman though.

I think its more that people who bought the original now wish they had this BD version but don't want to spend the $$, and are trying to talk themselves out of it by dissing the normal facial expression.

It's a vicious cycle where purchasers of either version attempt to convince themselves that THEY have the better version. Same thing happened with regular and BV CW Captain America.

Purchasers of regular version: I'm happy with the regular version. I don't really like the sculpt of the BD version.

Purchasers of BD version: That's just your way of talking yourself out of buying this version because you know this is the superior version.

While secretly, that's the purchaser of the BD version's way of also reassuring themselves that they indeed have the better version; by claiming the ones who have the regular version are all jealous of the BD version and have to talk themselves out of buying it because they secretly wish they had it. :lol

As if both versions can't be awesome figures, but some people just simply don't see the need to have both. Pick the one you personally prefer if that's the case. Or get both if you want.

I'm really conflicted about this one. In many ways, this was the Batman I was most looking forward to, and, in many ways, it's the most disappointing of any of them. I wouldn't be so pissed off if not for the fact that, first of all, this is likely the only BD Armored Bats we'll ever see from BvS by HT, as they surely intend to move forward with whatever versions they intend to produce for Justice League, Matt Reeves' Batman film, etc., etc., but, more importantly, with its nature as an exclusive, there's no time to change anything, nor would they see fit to, leaving us pretty much stuck with what we see here.

Part of me just wants to say "**** it" and order. Maybe it turns out to be more appealing in hand, or, hell, maybe it becomes sought after enough that I can trade it for a regular Bats with his tech cowl and Sniper rifle at some point.:lol

To make it even more of an "this one comes with this and that one comes with that" sort of thing, to make it more accurate, I think the only weapon the regular Armored Bats figure should have came with is the grenade launcher, since that's the only weapon he used while his suit was still intact.

Then this release come with the spear and the cable he used to drag and fling Supes with, but no grenade launcher.

Maybe even include a kitchen sink. :lol

The regular should have come with the smoke grenade he used to fool superman with before he shot the grenade launcher

Nah it always selling, even the official vendors had that selling less than the original version after a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean second hand. Definitely saw quite a few list black chrome on Facebook after this announcement.

I like em all so doesn't matter much to me. Only reason I didn't pick up black chrome was because it wasn't technically in the film. It looks awesome though.

What is the likely hood with these Toy fair ex of delays......will it actually be shipping from SS in Dec.
My wife was meant to get me WW for xmas last year and I still don't have it.

What is the likely hood with these Toy fair ex of delays......will it actually be shipping from SS in Dec.
My wife was meant to get me WW for xmas last year and I still don't have it.

I've never seen delays with toyfair exclusives . We should have this in Nov/ or December .

Are these toyfair exclusives only available through sideshow or will other retailers be selling them? I don't intend buying this figure but nice to know for future exclusives I may be interested in.

I've been advocating a battle damaged armored Batman with exposed Affleck face since before BvS even came out. They're a little late. With what little they did, they could have easily included an alternate head, swappable damaged parts and the spear with the regular release, especially since the movie got delayed a year. They had to have had those references.

I think this looks really cool, but it's too little, too late. I'd have bought this before BvS even came out if it had come out then, but now? Eh, I didn't like the movie and as cool as this looks, I can't stomach $265 for what amounts to a third repaint variant for this suit. The least they could have done is include an undamaged cowl head with a "well, here I am" smiling face. The first release really needed that.

Makes me wonder when we'll see a full Affleck headsculpt. Seems like a no brainer at this point. Maybe Justice League.

Last edited:
I mean second hand. Definitely saw quite a few list black chrome on Facebook after this announcement.

I like em all so doesn't matter much to me. Only reason I didn't pick up black chrome was because it wasn't technically in the film. It looks awesome though.

I had the black chrome but sold it on, the paint apps were pretty poor compared to the regular version&the white bleed on the ab armour really put the final nail in the coffin. It looked more like a "toy" than any hot toys Iv ever had.
Plus points-I made a huge profit on it on eBay [emoji4]

I've been advocating a battle damaged armored Batman with exposed Affleck face since before BvS even came out. They're a little late. With what little they did, they could have easily included an alternate head, swappable damaged parts and the spear with the regular release, especially since the movie got delayed a year. They had to have had those references.

I think this looks really cool, but it's too little, too late. I'd have bought this before BvS even came out if it had come out then, but now? Eh, I didn't like the movie and as cool as this looks, I can't stomach $265 for what amounts to a third repaint variant for this suit.

Makes me wonder when we'll see a full Affleck headsculpt. Seems like a no brainer at this point. Maybe Justice League.

Got to milk every drop. HT always does what I call easy crank outs for SDCC exclusive releases. Its always a figure they've already done with slight modification. Like a Golden StormTrooper, or Variant painted IM figure. Its kind of lame. But from business sense its smart and profit maximizing.

Think about it, they already have the armored version molds. The only modifications they had to do was alittle to the chest armor, the head sculpt and add a spear.

Oh yeah for sure. It's just a sad reality when they used to go all out for releases. If a figure is good enough with lots of options and bang for your buck, most people end up getting another one anyway. Now it's like they kind of wing it with a second, half assed release. It's whatever though.

Atleast a damaged mask version is available to people now.

Are these toyfair exclusives only available through sideshow or will other retailers be selling them? I don't intend buying this figure but nice to know for future exclusives I may be interested in.

If they will not sell out rather quickly then SSC will distribute them to retailers. You can find last years SS and SW exclusives in any store including drug stores and moto shops :D

Futurion, its fineee. You have the original release. Good for you. You dont need to make up lies and do snide comments in the thread time after time being and edgelord saying people only want this because they missed out on the original release... because i am in Europe just like you and i can buy regular and black chrome for cheaper than this... just like you. People want this version, for some people this is the only version they wanted. Drop deflecting your anger at owning the original release on to other people by pretending they are settling for this when it couldnt be further from the truth because you feel your version is now obsolete.

Sell your original version and buy this one. Well. sell your original version and put some money towards buying the new one. Because you wouldnt get enough selling it on ebay.

I find hilarious that everyone who missed the original is now totally happy to missed that because they can order battledamaged version with boring sculpt. Yeah, sure, told yourself that :D The original + custom spear is far superior.

So kind of in the same way that you're telling yourself that then?

Drop deflecting your anger at owning the original release on to other people by pretending they are settling for this when it couldnt be further from the truth because you feel your version is now obsolete.

Sell your original version and buy this one. Well. sell your original version and put some money towards buying the new one. Because you wouldnt get enough selling it on ebay.

Purchasers of both versions are in the stage right now where they're attempting to convince themselves that they bought the "better" version.

Happens every time when HT releases a slightly modified version (usually BD) of an already existing figure.

So kind of in the same way that you're telling yourself that then?

Purchasers of both versions are in the stage right now where they're attempting to convince themselves that they bought the "better" version.

LOL!

Back