1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like HTs is destined never to get Arnie's hair right no matter what movie.

Its not just arnie hair they can't get right just look at the recent murphy figure they released. His hair is way too thick to be accurate.

I think if they gave him his 2017 outfit the price would be justified but I have a feeling this may be a promo figure I think I read that somewhere. I think the sculpt is good and it's pretty accurate to his 1984 look. The hair may not be slicked back all the way but it isn't bad.

They did MMS136 justice I think, might be the only Arnie with the most accurate hair considering. Both headsculpts IMO are right on the money.
nope, both MMS136 headsculpts haircuts are ridiculously wrong - one too foxmulderish and another too short, both leading so far away from AS in general and T1 particularly that i don't know why a-dev didn't devote all his board life just to it.
(but hey, he's T2er)

nope, both MMS136 headsculpts haircuts are ridiculously wrong - one too foxmulderish and another too short, both leading so far away from AS in general and T1 particularly that i don't know why a-dev didn't devote all his board life just to it.
(but hey, he's T2er)

:lol I know they're not quite right but I don't think they look as patently stupid as the miniature-afro hair and silverback gorilla cranium that Yulli sculpted on the T2 figures. I've always said that the hair on the clean sculpt is a bit boy-bandy. Fox Mulder isn't a bad comparison either. I would have sculpted the fringe to be more swept to the side like the NECA figure.

^ the general head-shape is much more accurate on NECA's figure aswell.

yep, like with T2, when neca photo is made in the dark, where you see only silouettes - its proportions can be taken for a movie shot a lot easier than HT variants.
just don't put any light on those things o_O

yep, like with T2, when neca photo is made in the dark, where you see only silouettes - its proportions can be taken for a movie shot a lot easier than HT variants.
just don't put any light on those things o_O

I think that one up there is actually a flattering shot of the NECA figure, first one I found in a google search. I never take pics of my NECA figures, I don't see the point, they will not look good. However, as you said they have their plus points. They seem to nail shape much better than Hot Toys.

(but hey, he's T2er)

Okay... but they're far better than the rest of their hairsculpts.

I saw this movie yesterday and didn't hate it nearly as bad as I thought I would. It was okay, agree with alot that has already been said. However, the main reason I would want this figure is because it's Arnold. But that price point sucks. Not paying that.

It is great, but very light on extras. I bet 6 months later comes gray haired version with same price and with ton of extras..

I saw this movie yesterday and didn't hate it nearly as bad as I thought I would. It was okay, agree with alot that has already been said. However, the main reason I would want this figure is because it's Arnold. But that price point sucks. Not paying that.

Only hardcore fans would buy this. The price points are getting a little bold lately... I don't like where this is going

Back