Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that pic, she looks like she could play Aunt May in the next installment of Spiderman.

OMG, is that what celebrities look like if they don't get plastic surgery regularly? Wonder what Angelina Jolie would really look like right now without all her cash?
well, it's not like she was good looking when she was younger either.
i still get her mixed up with willem dafoe.

anyway, this figure and the character are both super boring and the retail price is hilarious.
easy pass. i'd rather have t2 future connor.

Anyone who survives two attempts of assassination (by cyborgs no less), gets locked up in a mental institution, escapes, and trains the future leader of the free world cannot be boring.

:lol

Anyone who survives two attempts of assassination (by cyborgs no less), gets locked up in a mental institution, escapes, and trains the future leader of the free world cannot be boring.

:lol

Agreed. The woman went through so much _____ and always came out on top. She's the ultimate movie hero and one of the best written characters in film history IMO

I'm waiting to see the sculpt without the glasses, right now I'm kinda iffy.

I can see why someone would say she's boring. What do you see? A woman in tactical gear. Not very exciting really. It's only when you identify her as being from T2, in this case, that she has any relevance. There's enough military figures made. Plunk her in with a group of soldiers and she'd only stand out for being a woman. Put her next to Arnie and an Endo and yeah, that's Linda Hamilton badass.

The comment was made though that the figure and character are boring, so the debate over the character on film has relevance.

As a figure, she is nothing extraordinary, even all geared up from T2, it's just her relevance to the film that makes the figure interesting, if you feel she's relevant to the film.

I never ever found Sarah Connor a boring character .......... I put her up there with Ripley. In T1 you could say that she was rather boring but this is a T2 figure so .........

Yup, granted, Ripley was a strong character in Alien, but I think Cameron really pushed the strong heroine between Aliens and T1-T2, you're not likely to really find a helpless damsel in a Cameron movie, and if you do, she'll rise up to be independent by the end (Sarah in T1).

You think Sarah Connor is a boring character? I can't even wrap my brain around that, Pre.
yeah, but i don't think it was linda's fault. i think james cameron likes to use his protagonists as set pieces so they tend to be one dimensional archetypes.
both the terminator movies would have been pretty much the same if she wasn't in them and it was just arnold fighting reese/t1000.

and yeah the figure is boring because it's just a generic tactical gear figure. again, pass.

And is the T-800 just a generic musclebound man in leather cloths and sunglasses?

Oh yeah, but he has a robot arm!

No. He's a famous Austrian American musclebuilder, actor, model, businessman and politician in leather cloths and sunglasses. Instantly recognisable.

This looks like an excellent likeness. Look forward to pics without the shades.

Hoping for something tomorrow perhaps.

This looks like an excellent likeness. Look forward to pics without the shades.

Hoping for something tomorrow perhaps.

I'm not sure what to expect, the newsletter said updates next week, but I know at least the Hot Toys factories are on shut down for Chinese New Year, so will someone in the office be around to post the product info or will it actually be after CNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back