Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I favor the Sideshow sculpt more for expression choice than anything. When you only have on figure to represent a character I like the sculpt to embody their overall spirit, which for me is a determined warrior, which is what I see in Sideshow's, in Hot Toys' portrait I see a troubled, broken soul, which is also part of her but to me not the sum of who she is.

Her eyes look completely shocked to me, like she's watching her holocaust dream, her face looks unfocused like everything going on with her is all in her head at the moment the sculpt captures.

I would guess the shotgun's included to make here inclusive as far as important accessories go, and maybe they did explore a hair down look, the movie's been out for 20 years so they have to know she didn't have a ponytail for long, and they just either couldn't get the sculpt to where they were happy or didn't like what it'd do for articulation or the licensor wouldn't sign off on it.

I don't think it has anything to do with the licensor not liking the product because of her hair.:lol

Maybe it's Linda who rejected the hair... woman are finicky about their haor so to imagine everyone having a mini version of her looking like a mad person in the last scene may not be to her liking :D
OK that is too far fetched but when talking about her hair I can just so imagine the above like "WHAT? You want my doll to look like WHAT???"

I don't think it has anything to do with the licensor not liking the product because of her hair.:lol

Not because of the hair but something with the overall portrait. Something wasn't satisfactory on Iron Man and HT only got approval to recycle an old head. Who knows what licensors are thinking.

Maybe it's Linda who rejected the hair... woman are finicky about their haor so to imagine everyone having a mini version of her looking like a mad person in the last scene may not be to her liking :D
OK that is too far fetched but when talking about her hair I can just so imagine the above like "WHAT? You want my doll to look like WHAT???"

A member here went to a convention Saturday and met her and brought it up, she had no idea the figure even exists.

Not because of the hair but something with the overall portrait. Something wasn't satisfactory on Iron Man and HT only got approval to recycle an old head. Who knows what licensors are thinking.

A member here went to a convention Saturday and met her and brought it up, she had no idea the figure even exists.

Maybe not the figure specifically, but I was under the impression that likeness rights weren't included in the T2 contracts, so wouldn't she have had to sign away her likeness?

When I still had the SS Sarah, I tried to put her head on a Hot Angels body, but it looked like a bobble head, and the factory apps were just icky. Sorry to use the word 'icky' as a grown man, but that's just what it was. That Maulfan pics is really nice looking though.

Freshen your tea, guvna?

review_t2sarah_4.jpg

Maybe not the figure specifically, but I was under the impression that likeness rights weren't included in the T2 contracts, so wouldn't she have had to sign away her likeness?

I believe the T2 film license covers likenesses, Sideshow seemed to have no issues using anyone's likeness on their products. T2 had a big marketing campaing, kids toys, trading cards, Arnie's face was everywhere, I think by then people were really wising up to the money to be made off items based on movies. It's really pre-90's movies that usually get hair, other than LFL stuff because Lucas knew to invest in merchandising.

That's what concerns me with T1 figures. They've shown with Dutch that they'll go the extra length to get Arnie to sign off, but would they with Biehn. If they do his '84 look, I'll get it to have the base figure and if need be do a custom head, but I'd love to see a fully accurrate and detailed Reese head with today's quality that looks like Biehn.

Last edited:
HT is a way better sculpt than the old sideshow one

I think the problem with both the SS and HT versions is that they look way too old, almost like grannies.

7331-19125.gif

t2_560.jpg

The figures look more like her around this age..
linda-hamilton.jpg

Freshen your tea, guvna?

review_t2sarah_4.jpg

Have to admit... at this moment I'm not convinced by either, both look like good character studies, but both lack the passion and dynamism that I associate with the 'actual' character. We shall see!

For me, the ultimate Sarah T2 figure would have this facial expression and the hair down, ready to kick T-1000 ass.

T2SARAH2.jpg

Well, the expression on the HT sculpt is okay...I'll be curious to see if that changes with those forthcoming images. Plus, if the paint apps are a little less waxy and garish looking, that may help the current sculpt's look too.

It's the body proportions that aren't working for me. Even in her most fit days of T2, Ms. Hamilton was not so busty. She's heading for Tomb Raider territory here...

Well, the expression on the HT sculpt is okay...I'll be curious to see if that changes with those forthcoming images. Plus, if the paint apps are a little less waxy and garish looking, that may help the current sculpt's look too.

It's the body proportions that aren't working for me. Even in her most fit days of T2, Ms. Hamilton was not so busty. She's heading for Tomb Raider territory here...

Yeah, that's one of my pet peeves too. Here they had the opportunity to show HT greatness by making a buffed body for Sarah, and they cheaped out reusing the Shiva bod. :(

CoolToyReview reports that the sculpt isn't the final version.

And I just noticed I'm late on finding that out. :monkey4

What makes that even more odd is HT proved they can do really good arms with the Marcus Wright and Wolverine figures...arms that have great proportions and detail (texture/veins/muscle tone)...

So this is just some female base one-bust-fits-all body they're using here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back