Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked that and SilentSurfer answered. Everyone was talking about "bangs" and I was like WTF??!!!!

FRINGE, *********, FRINGE!!!!

Let's wait and see what HT call it when the offical specs are released.

I believe they called it "bangs." :lol

she looks with sunglasses okay, but without them, it's the poorest likeness hot toys have brought these days. disappointed...

Apart from the inaccurate colours on the hair and uniform, I think she looks brilliant from head to toe. Really, really good. I can't understand the criticism! Great accessories and in my opinion the headsculpt is miles better than the sideshow one as well.

I'm pretty happy with the figure overall, my only gripe is that there should be a 'hair down' head also, as everyone has mentioned. I'm going to just wait until the new sculpt is shown tomorrow, i'm sure it will be even better (unless it turns into another MJ fiasco) :rotfl

Time for me to admit that I was wrong. Its an awful likeness without the hat on. I don't see LH there at all with that fringe. Hair is way to dark and the head looks to long and narrow. Neck is way to slim making her look like a bobble head as much as SS attempt.

I just showed a mate of mine and he said 'is that Mick Jagger?'. LOL

I think Hot Toys' problem now is that we've come to expect a second head with every figure. When they include an extra head with a figure that doesn't really need it (Bank Robber Joker) we feel cheated when there is a legit reason for a second head. In this case, for different hair styles on Sarah.

That's the thing, with Sarah, it's not like people are asking for a second yelling head like Leonidas or something, the second head most people want is because that look would be more representational of her in the movie than the one they went with. I'd be find if they tossed out the ponytail head and just gave us a hair down. Two would be great, but one that better represents the broader look of the character would be ideal.

I would guess the shotgun's included to make here inclusive as far as important accessories go, and maybe they did explore a hair down look, the movie's been out for 20 years so they have to know she didn't have a ponytail for long, and they just either couldn't get the sculpt to where they were happy or didn't like what it'd do for articulation or the licensor wouldn't sign off on it.

Don't expect a second head after the Prod Pics were posted.

And HT obviously realises the Sculpt needs an upgrade, correct hair color repaint, etc. But I think this will be the final prod package.

I have no idea why they included the shotgun but I'm glad they did. It's a modded Remington and a bunch of us have been waiting years for it.

So, what to do. Send the head to Seb for a Hair Mod or try a wig...

Now when I think of it HT could have solved this very easily. There are plenty of good lifelike doll wigs out there (Audrey's, etc). If HT made the ponytail removeable and included a wig they would have hit a home run, assuming the sculpt tweaks were successful.

Last edited:
I think by 'newly polished head sculpt' they just mean Official pictures. If there was an extra head it would be in the picture showing all the accessories. Sideshow would want to know full details of the product the are offering customers.

Is Hot Toys aware that Sideshow has already revealed pics :confused:

So, she has swappable fringes? Or, what is that circled, if not.

connot.jpg

Yes, not sure why there aren't any official shots showing her hatless and with the swept to the side bangs, but they do include them, must be held with a magnet, the ones int he accessoryes shot look so small I can't imagine what else could hold them in place.

They are the "bangs" otherwise (correctly) known as the fringe. :lol

That M4 is a monster of a weapon.

This was posted on Hot Toys' Facebook page:

Hot Toys: The newly polished head sculpt of Sarah Connor will be unveiled tomorrow! Stay tuned with us for update!

Maybe 2 headsculpts? If so thats badass it will be easy to bash a Pescadero Sarah

HT just posted this on their Facebook page:

"The newly polished head sculpt of Sarah Connor will be unveiled tomorrow! Stay tuned with us for update!"

:rock

This was posted on Hot Toys' Facebook page:

Hot Toys: The newly polished head sculpt of Sarah Connor will be unveiled tomorrow! Stay tuned with us for update!

Maybe 2 headsculpts? If so thats badass it will be easy to bash a Pescadero Sarah

Please see above. :D

That just seems so weird to me, it's not like Yulli's sculpting a new head overnight, and JC painting it too, it'd have to be worked on before this announcement, if there is a second head or revisions to this one, why not just wait another weak before unveiling the figure.

the "fringe" is the area around a golf green. not around somebody's head. they are called "bangs". just like fish is served with "fries" not "chips". and it's called "soccer" not "football". some people talk so ass-backwards sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back