HOT TOYS : TDKR - 1/4th scale BATMAN Teaser Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand how some of you can make judgements based one 1 photo of the 1/4. First of all that photo isnt the highest of quality so you really cant see much higher detail. Second your comparing it to a photo of the DX12 bats which is standing at a different angle and at a higher resolution.
I can probably guarantee that most who decided, based on the 1 photo, that the 1/6 Is better(detailed, sculpts, proportions) will probably change their mind after more, detailed, photos come out.

I really dont understand how some of you can make judgements based one 1 photo of the 1/4. First of all that photo isnt the highest of quality so you really cant see much higher detail. Second your comparing it to a photo of the DX12 bats which is standing at a different angle and at a higher resolution.
I can probably guarantee that most who decided, based on the 1 photo, that the 1/6 Is better(detailed, sculpts, proportions) will probably change their mind after more, detailed, photos come out.

lol I've been trying to get that point across about EB's Joker for some time now.

Looks good enough. I'd get it if I collected 1/4. Not different enough from the 1/6 version to justify getting both, though.

I want an empty cowl with the 1/6 version, though!

SnakeDoc

I think a huge important thing to keep in mind, when it comes to detail, is that something on a bigger scale will be better defined, no matter if it is the same exact sculpt, design of something at a smaller scale. Thats the nature of it. There is a smaller window of quality when one is creating something on a smaller scale. If the scale is bigger, then that window is larger, therefore more defined detail which equals higher quality/detail.
So it doesnt matter if the 1/6 and the 1/4 have the same sculpts, the 1/4 will be better based on the scale/quality fact.
It just depends on how much you are willing to fork up for high quality.

Haven't read the other complaints about it, but one look at the cowl's brow line and I can tell its practically the same as the DX 12's.

Some things you can tell based on a single pic, some you can't.

Haven't read the other complaints about it, but one look at the cowl's brow line and I can tell its practically the same as the DX 12's.

Some things you can tell based on a single pic, some you can't.

Yea i definitely agree with you, in fact i believe that they both are the same sculpt but obviously different in size. Im just trying to understand why some dont think so, based on their complaints. Either way it really doesnt matter to me, just an observation.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how they create these? how they sculpt, the production process? Because i wonder if 3D scanners are involved. That would definitely make it possible to replicate something and blow it up in scale.

Hope we see the Specs and Pics tonight. Really curious to see what features this guy has.

I like this one a lot. I used to really prefer the Begins suit. Now after TDKR think I'm liking this costume just as much.

I like this one a lot. I used to really prefer the Begins suit. Now after TDKR think I'm liking this costume just as much.

:exactly:
I like the complexity but the BB suit is iconic, too. I love them both!

Full pics are up on Facebook. Looks amazing.

528847_10150955931327344_937569077_n.jpg

557002_10150955929482344_1364152956_n.jpg

528878_10150955931172344_81779683_n.jpg

313954_10150955931527344_390495836_n.jpg

582085_10150955930777344_1210908541_n.jpg

WOW the unveiling is up on facebook. And its pretty amazing. Hello 1/4th is the new king! After seeing this I can never look at 1/6 scale the same way again.

Full pics are up on Facebook. Looks amazing.

I know I shouldn't be tempted to buy him, being 1/4 scale and probably a ton of money.. but I find myself seriously thinking of preordering it. The Bale head sculpt is superb, waaay better than Enterbays version imo.

argh. I was 100% sure I was NOT going to get any 1/4 figures, but alas................

This instantly converts me into a 1/4 collector as well. Bought. Effin' awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back