Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yawn at the arguments.

If you like the figure, cool. If you don't like the figure, cool.

Why argue over a toy?

There's serious stuff happening in the world like someone killing a lion.

Why settle for just 2 when you can have more?

Just trollin' :lol But seriously, I guess 1/4 is not for everybody but no need to sourgrape if you're not happy with it as much as you are with the smaller ones :wave (EB's cowl is matte and appears only to be shiny as I just had it cleaned with a damp cloth :) )

QSBatmen02_zpswfgvfopd.jpg

QSBatmen01_zpsbaonqkwb.jpg

Man, seeing all of them together like that, I'm amazed that I ever liked the Origins suit. It's like Bruce Wayne joined the NFL.:lol

In the process of adding some artwork to my displays so here is Bats with his accompanying art.

ba1e33319d6141388e018a7cdca06ec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just joined the club of 1/4 owners with the purchase of the QS001. So far, I was strictly in the 1/6 business. My favourite Nolan Dark Knight was the DX02 (don't get me wrong, I still love it!) but the QS001 is a real beast.
The proportions of the 1/4 figure are amazing, and the QS001 is really well done.
I am not overwhelmed however with the acessiories. The weapons are superb (except for the flimsy sticky bomb gun, yuck! I hate the design) but the Scarecrow mask is an outrage. Looks like Crane was molten by Firefly... A simple cloth would have been better. Well, you can't have it all.
Then there is the problem with the right hand. Besides the fist, there is no appealing right hand. He has the very nice relaxed left hand but just the generic "relaxed" right hand. All the others are for weapons only... a pity.
The base is borderline useless, of course. The cape doesn't do it for me as well, but that was to be expected.

Still, having the figure positioned on my desk he is really life-like! And that is what I paid for, people.
The Bale head sculpt is really well done, although not as strikingly close to the real deal as the DX12 Bale. I have a notion that with a 1/4 head sculpt is more difficult to impress a person, especially the non collectors. With these tiny 1/6, people tend to go crazy when they see the amazing detail in the iris and the wrinkles and teeth.
Although the 1/4 Dark Knight is as detailed as the 1/6 and even more, the 1/4 because of its size is just not as impressive. It is as perfect as the 1/6, but you know the 1/6 is kind of the coup de maitre for me. That is way I will display the QS001 a little further away than my 1/6 so I can get in real close to the tiny ones and admire the big one to see the whole picture.

The Cowl is pretty good, although I find it slightly too bulbous, but that is by design (the costume is just made that way). The face plates are all exceptionally good. You have the girly smirk, the kissing mouth breather, the shouter and the soft talker. All are uncanny Mr. Bale. I would have loved a scowl. But again: You can't have it all.
That all being said, I value aesthetics over movie accuracy. I want a figure to scream BATMAN, not necessarily The Dark Knight Rises or Christian Bale.

I reckon this looks better than my qs001 ever did
99a7b4c652651112d367b182e628c66e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose that depends on your definition of "better." In my mind, "better" is relative to both accuracy and aesthetics, and I can't think of a single way that the DX 12/Armory Batman is superior. Likeness wise, at best, each of those releases has one serviceable faceplate. With the DX 12, that's the angry grimace you have posted above, 1/3; with the Armory, it's, thankfully, the neutral faceplate; that's still 1/4. I'd say the armory faceplates are far superior to the DX 12 faceplates, in terms of likeness, but the features are positioned in such an awkward and unnatural way (the large gap between the nose and the mouth on the "mouth breather" faceplate, for example), that it defeats the whole purpose. The QS Batman has four fantastic faceplates that actually look like Christian Bale. Even the awkward, straw sucking faceplate is still usable, because, again, it actually looks like Bale and he's made that expression before.

Even the suit is superior. Accurate, layered shoulder pads; the accurate clavicle connectors between the shoulder pads and the chest plate, and the list goes on and on. The only way I can see the DX 12/Armory Batman being superior is if you somehow managed to get your hands on a stolen prototype from HT's offices. That kind of makes me wonder, though. What happened to that godawful prototype? I can't imagine they'd want to display it when the final product turned out so much better. Alas, it's probably in a dumpster somewhere in Hong Kong.:lol

Id say that's a good deal then!
Allthough i never saw it in hand,i always liked it,but the eyes was the reason i was on the fence for a while now.I might try and paint the eyelids if i trust my clumsy hands :lol
And off course a Custom cape is a must.

the chest is actually more accurate on the 1/6...

1/4 is slightly too bulbous and thick.

the shoulder armor also doesn't neatly cover his shoulders... it's a bit too exposed.

everything else is a little more accurate on the 1/4 though. Especially the legs/crotch. the general shape/function/size of the shoulder armor, and how neat/flush his arm bits are.

one thing that bothers me most about 1/4 is the transition at the wrist... it's a bit thick and his hands look funny at certain angles.

Last edited:
That's why you mod it and enjoy your near perfect batman. Or at least that's what I did. As excited as I am for the batman PF, I'm simply way too stunned by this figure with the bale sculpt on it. Total showstopper.

Id say that's a good deal then!
Allthough i never saw it in hand,i always liked it,but the eyes was the reason i was on the fence for a while now.I might try and paint the eyelids if i trust my clumsy hands :lol
And off course a Custom cape is a must.

Just pull out the eye plate with some pliers (it may be glued pretty tight...prepare to use some force), pop the eyes out, and paint away with some black acrylic paint. Trust me, as long as you're reasonably careful you won't break anything.

the chest is actually more accurate on the 1/6...

1/4 is slightly too bulbous and thick.

the shoulder armor also doesn't neatly cover his shoulders... it's a bit too exposed.

everything else is a little more accurate on the 1/4 though. Especially the legs/crotch and the general shape of the shoulder armor.

one thing that bothers me most about 1/4 is the transition at the wrist... it's a bit thick and his hands look funny at certain angles.

It's not perfect,but for the price i paid...Totally worth it.The Eyes are the only thing that did bother me a bit.When it comes to Batman im not that picky,the way i see it with the 1/4 is that i will have a nice presentation of the TDK trilogy on my shelf.I don't collect 1/4,but TDK is an exception.
My favourite cowl is the Armory one,not because it's necessarily the most accurate one,but they finally got the Squinty eyes right and shorter neck.It's the best one imo allthough the thighs are a tad too thick,but im not complaining.

Just pull out the eye plate with some pliers (it may be glued pretty tight...prepare to use some force), pop the eyes out, and paint away with some black acrylic paint. Trust me, as long as you're reasonably careful you won't break anything.

The eyes won't be looser or anything when i pop them back on after im done?

Back