Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine waiting on a custom cape sorry for the picture being ****ty
u4yve7y7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it possible to get it perfectly symmetrical… or you mean a mould?

Actually, the Bale batman cowls(BB, TDK) aren' t symmetrical. As Bale' s head isn' t symmetrical to begin with, a perfectly symmetrical cowl wouldn' t fit properly. If you look closely, the nose on the cowl shifts toward the left side, the his chin shifts toward the right side of his face. And the original cowls were sculpted by hand on lifecasts of Bale, not digitally done.

:slap8

Same here

Yeah, man. Me too! Would love to get one of these!
Since the original head is 'maybe' a bit small in ratio to the body, wouldn't it be better to make the head a teeny bit bigger? Of course, the issue may not be the head - it could be the shoulders being too wide...

Thanks guys. Here is a better comparison pic with the Hottoys head side by side.
10818843923_4e33bdfe69_o.jpg

Fantastic.

Just making the head this size would eliminate any issues I have with proportions, I think.

The new ratchet system on the body restricts posability, I find. The arm is either back or it's forward - It is not in the middle where you might want it. Same with the legs - they are straight down or they are sticking backwards.

Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the ratchet joints. And you articulated why perfectly.

Is Imaresqd1's definitely more accurate then?

Look away, look away!!! :panic:

:monkey3

I don't know that they'll be available. If I'm not mistaken, I thought Adam stopped offering stuff outside of one-off comissions. That being said, if anything's changed, more power to you, Mr. Imaresqd1; you make the finest TDK Trilogy related items this side of the hobby/Internet!

Bumping this in case anyone missed it.

I actually really like the hot toys sculpt. In its defence, it looks a lot nicer in hand than in imaresqd1's pics. No offence dude.

But if Adam did offer them, I'd gladly take one. :lol

Actually, the Bale batman cowls(BB, TDK) aren' t symmetrical. As Bale' s head isn' t symmetrical to begin with, a perfectly symmetrical cowl wouldn' t fit properly. If you look closely, the nose on the cowl shifts toward the left side, the his chin shifts toward the right side of his face. And the original cowls were sculpted by hand on lifecasts of Bale, not digitally done.

Hi mate, if u gonna sell it can You please let me know ? :)

Attempted the foot extending mod yesterday (so he's level with enterbay batman) and ended up pulling the knee right out of its joint :lol easy fix but an intense 5 minutes!

Attempted the foot extending mod yesterday (so he's level with enterbay batman) and ended up pulling the knee right out of its joint :lol easy fix but an intense 5 minutes!

Oh cool can you show us some pics? I have yet to see any pics so far that look like the mod makes it as tall as EB Batman without the the EB Batman and Joker slouching or with their legs slightly bent.

Last edited:
Ill try to get some up buddy! The mod really helps. Especially when the enterbay head is facing down like you said. But I think the enterbay will always be a little taller than the hot toys. But the mod does help things tremendously.

Ill try to get some up buddy! The mod really helps. Especially when the enterbay head is facing down like you said. But I think the enterbay will always be a little taller than the hot toys. But the mod does help things tremendously.

Cool that would be good if you can thanks.
:hi5:

My real concern is if that I want his shoulder's to be higher than the EB Joker's shoulders.

It's amazing work then because it honestly looks machine made. I mean it really looks flawless. With all your skill and especially at this size, have you ever thought of trying to create a PERS system? it really would show off your creation at this size.

It's amazing work then because it honestly looks machine made. I mean it really looks flawless. With all your skill and especially at this size, have you ever thought of trying to create a PERS system? it really would show off your creation at this size.

As long has he keeps one that is non PERS as well then I say by all means go for it. That way both parties can be satisfied. :D

That being said, I think Hot Toys did quite a good job with this figure with the PERS or ERS. Although the eyes are not accurate at least they are deep set within the cowl so you can't seem them really in certain lighting, so I think the QS001 cowl is a good balance for those of use who hate PERS and for those of us who don't. :yess:

Back