Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy even looks real in the box!

IMG_8458_zpsf8436867.jpg

WOW! Are you sure that's the HT figure??????????:blissy

I have no response to that. :lol

I take it back, I do have a response. I know what you mean, but the DX12 zombie still looks more like Bale.

I have no response to that. :lol

I take it back, I do have a response. I know what you mean, but the DX12 zombie still looks more like Bale.

Ok maybe I am getting sucked in by how real this looks and the eyes are painted better than the DX12 like they don't look like he is on drugs or something, he looks focused on something:dunno. However, as far as facial structure goes maybe you are right because the jaw on this does look a bit too defined and macho looking compared to Bale's jaw.

Fantastic picture. :clap

I don't know how anyone can think the DX12 head sculpt looks better as this looks like a real calm person and not a Zombie or person on drugs like the DX12 looks.

Thanks! :hi5:

I personally prefer this sculpt over the DX12. Not saying it's better, just like it more.

Thanks! :hi5:

I personally prefer this sculpt over the DX12. Not saying it's better, just like it more.

I can see why you would as it looks very realistic and the eyes don't look weird he like he is on drugs. I think that's the biggest thing that puts me off the DX12, the way the eyes are painted like he is staring into space or something. Whereas this one looks like is ready to jump off that Hong Kong building, like I said before seems very focused. As for the sculpt I am not sure which one is better its just the paint job on this looks better and more realistic IMO.

I thought about selling this guy on ebay the day after I got it, I mean don't get me wrong, the details and the quality of this figure is great, but I just don't like the body, the head, and the chest plate. So this will be a complete makeover. I'm replacing the head with mine(both cowl and bale), and I will be sculpting the neck piece, chest plate, and replace the body. So far, I have the cowl head worked out, still need some fine sanding. (Ignore the gray color, this is the proto, it will be cast in black rubber)

10817876216_53d2f2ede3_o.jpg

10817579764_e53f96bf33_o.jpg

Yeap, this figure has great details and quality, but proportions don't look right. It has the DX02 look. With better cowl and neck proportions, the figure will look more like a person and not a figure. Hope you will sell both recast parts.

I thought about selling this guy on ebay the day after I got it, I mean don't get me wrong, the details and the quality of this figure is great, but I just don't like the body, the head, and the chest plate. So this will be a complete makeover. I'm replacing the head with mine(both cowl and bale), and I will be sculpting the neck piece, chest plate, and replace the body. So far, I have the cowl head worked out, still need some fine sanding. (Ignore the gray color, this is the proto, it will be cast in black rubber)

10817876216_53d2f2ede3_o.jpg

10817579764_e53f96bf33_o.jpg

You have made a massive improvement with the cowl already, getting rid of those stupid slightly big wrong shape plastic eyes and replace them with Bale's squinty ones. Can't wait to see the final product. :clap

Also can't wait to see your 1/4 Bale sculpt! :yess:

Yeap, this figure has great details and quality, but proportions don't look right. It has the DX02 look. With better cowl and neck proportions, the figure will look more like a person and not a figure. Hope you will sell both recast parts.

Well sometimes because it is a figure these things need to sacrificed to enable articulation. Can you elaborate on what proportions don't look right other than the neck?

Last edited:
Back