Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waitlisting is nonguarantee that your order will convert right?

Theres no risk that they wont have enough, or other people not cancelling?

There is no guarantee so the risk is there.
On the plus side, if your waitlist doesn't convert you save $500!

First impressions (haven't even put on cape yet):

Box: beautiful, the spot varnish printing and embossing is amazing.
Faceplates: Excellent, some of the best paintwork HT have done.
Wayne Sculpt: Best out there, the paintwork is fantastic, rivals the best of Enterbays heads (that's a compliment from me).
Batman Body: Suit looks good, knee pads are waay off though, and it's not as straightforward as just twisting them to the right place. I'm sure I will figure it out later. The Boots are ONE piece, OK looking.
The Belt: Dissapointed with the belt after the DX12 belt in 1/6th which I though was incredibly detailed, this is good just not mind blowing. I actually think it's because it has die cast elements (not sure about that).

The stand: Hate it. But I knew I would. It's just stupid and restricting.
The other bits and bobs: All look good, the best being the EX cowl.
Bane and scarecrow masks are just cheap junk.

So all in all at this point, the stuff that matters looks great. I'm just not sure yet about the joints. I know I hate the magnet neck, it doesn't work very well at this scale.

Here's a bit just for Maglor:
Don't worry about the fupa, it's just not there, at least on my one, flat as a washboard, even a bit concave.
You will hate the glove straps, they are even more flared and obvious on this. And the shoulder pads look too bulky.
Get the hairdryer ready..

more later.... so far 8/10

Last edited:
Can't seem to find a EU shop (at least the ones i know)
that still has the option to pre-order this guy :(
I guess I've waited too long with my decision

:lol

Nope, in fact looking at the sharpness of the sculpts reminded me of what HT used to do in 1/6th.

Love them or hate them the sculpts and mouth pieces on this are tremendously well made.

I think they purposely make em soft to lessen the chance of recasters recasting their sculpt. Also maybe why their heads are a tad smaller than actual 1/6 scale.

And maybe thats why they separate the teeth and mouth this time too? Easier to paint and harder to recast?

can't wait for rorywan pics, in the mean time
1239997_10151871952454890_628865613_n.jpg

2 Things You Must Do When You Open Your QS001:

1. Leave the ****ty cape in the box and stick Lance's velvet one on.
2. Leave the ****ty stand in the box and use EB's 1/4 scale one, or get him to stand without it.

You have been warned.

2. Leave the ****ty stand in the box and use EB's 1/4 scale one, or get him to stand without it.

You have been warned.

Damn the base seems to be really off !

You have been warned.

Give the EB stand for him for leverage so hes on the same height as the EB's bats. :lol

You have been warned.

Is it worth its price tag?

I'm watching Dark Knight Rises again, I'm getting more and more excited for this guy.

Back