Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love watching the un-boxing, that guy really bothers me...

Anyone think the lights on the eyes are too strong? Supposed to be sonar, not flashlights, haha. Nevertheless, I still love it!
The guy is annoying, but I would rather watch his unboxing version on Youtube than that annoying Sean Long! Now that guy is creepy!!!!!

The video was awful, but My God, does everything look amazing; the Wayne head looks phenomenal on video, as do the faces and, well, everything. Even in ****ty videos, this figure shines. I hope that I'll own it; if not today, then someday. Perhaps someone should assist John Roberts in getting one (an EX) since his crusade undoubtedly helped lead to these current results.:monkey2 :lol

I have one preordered from BBTS and hopefully in the middle of the month of October, I will score a EX version on Evilbay when the US sellers list there stock. Right now the HK retailers on Evilbay have him (EX version) from $650 clear up to $1560.00! I figured that when the US sellers get them in stock, the EX will be around the $500 mark, or I will just wait until BBTS gets there mass shipment in, and get another reg version for around $460.00.

Has any one been on the wait list on SS for this guy and had it converted to an order??

I'm only asking as I joined the wait list last night, I imagine I'll be way down the list, so just wondering if any WL have converted as yet.

Has any one been on the wait list on SS for this guy and had it converted to an order??

I'm only asking as I joined the wait list last night, I imagine I'll be way down the list, so just wondering if any WL have converted as yet.

Someone mentioned that they got a conversion yesterday. I can't remember who it was but it was for the regular version. You've got a shot.

what are the chances someone will cast and shrink the wayne and mouth pieces for DX12 owners?

as much as I love this guy and actually can afford him, space is a huge issue for me. having these faceplates and that Wayne head in 1/6th scale would be a dream come true.

The regular version, I got converted but I cancelled. Wasn't expecting to get a conversion so quickly. A few people on here got theirs converted as well. EX, only heard about 1 so far...

In certain pics he does kinda look preggers....

Finally someone said it. Apart from the smashed in back of the cowl, this is my biggest complaint from what I've seen so far.

I would actually say he has a paunch in almost all pictures. I've been amassing a collection of pictures to annotate so people can see what I'm talking about. It's as if the abs are buckling above the belt, making them stick out in a very unflattering way. And they seem to do this even when he is standing up straight.

I'm hoping that this is just a futzing issue, but the problem is so prolific in pictures that it has me worried.

^ I just noticed...
what's wrong with his stomach? it looks like Batman has been drinking beer too much :thud:

I've noticed that too. Althought I'm not sure if that is as you guys say a futzzing problem or a bad desing.

This is going to be an issue, I can feel it. Just hope it's not as bad as the belly on the first Hot Toys TDK Bat.

Even in the movie, his lower abs had that sort of "fat roll" or paunch, but it's not like this. It's pretty much the whole stomach area. I guess now that I look at it, it does look like he's on his 2nd trimester. :lol

Your words are like a hot knife in my heart!!

sorry man, just wanted to give you a heads up!

I can see the belly issue being like DX12, needs to be fussed. Doesn't help that the belt (like DX12) rides above the cod/crotch piece so makes it look like he has a small belly. I believe we will need to stretch the abs and lower the chest piece will doing so. I'm sure it's all in the futzing.

Yea it will convert for a regular I put my self on the wait list on wednesday.

IMG_9488.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Properly futzed, the abs look fine.

Are there basic 1/4 stands that can be bought on eBay or elsewhere? I'd like to have a flat stand like the EB one but I can guess they're not as readily available compared to 1/6 scaled figures.

It's like he wasn't even trying this time.

yeah he was just reaching over to the box on the floor pulling stuff out- he usually opens the box up and shows us how is packed first- i miss that part.....odd for him

Back