Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to keep nagging but Comic America still has him at retail. Does anyone have experience with them?

Comics America

https://www.comicsamerica.com/batman-batman-the-dark-knight-rises-quarter-scale-figure/

Yep. From my personal experience the guy who runs it is an absolute scumbag. I usually collect comics digitally now, but when I went to pick up a hard copy of Batman Inc. #8 on release day, he hoarded them and charged around $18 for the regular edition. :mad:

Just got the e-mail and seriously thinking about doing that myself.

Just got that notification too. I went on the WL for the exclusive last month, but was lucky enough to find a regular one for retail by chance. Maybe a few extra weeks longer but at least I won't get hit with customs fees. :yess:

Ht laughs at the competition- and rightly so. They are producing the finest Batman figure ever done with this- sell $$$$$ Iron Man and are the top of the top.
EB is competition but only in the slightest way. PI has proven , to me, to be vastly inferior in what they have done and what they preview.

I couldn't agree more! PI is the least of their concerns. EB, while they've done really incredible work, IMO, they just aren't swinging for the fences and connecting quite how HT is. Again, I love my EB Bats but this figure here demands respect.

IMG_9545.jpg

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9498.jpg

IMG_9491.jpg

IMG_9488.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9487.jpg

Amazing. The lighting is perfect. It really shows off the figure exactly how I would imagine it's meant to be viewed. Patting myself on the back every chance I get to remind me of how smart I was to stick it out and get him.

Anywhere other than that Comics America place still offering this for sale?

That's just with my personal dealings with the owner. I wouldn't want my experience detract you from picking up this figure at a fair price ( before he jacks it up :lol).

Personally I'd wait for the WL slots to open up again at SSC, keep on checking Midtown comics for their allotments, or wait for BBTS to get theirs and pay the post PO price.

I'd watch this link like a hawk.

https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Batman+The+Dark+Knight+Ri_1225970

Last edited:
Mine is on it's way from Hong Kong. Is the special edition.. Will try to post some pictures if I get it next week..

That's just with my personal dealings with the owner. I wouldn't want my experience detract you from picking up this figure at a fair price ( before he jacks it up :lol).

Personally I'd wait for the WL slots to open up again at SSC, keep on checking Midtown comics for their allotments, or wait for BBTS to get theirs and pay the post PO price.

I'd watch this link like a hawk.

https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Batman+The+Dark+Knight+Ri_1225970

Tried dealing with them before on a Mark VII and the day it was supposed to be available for order on their site it was immediately Sold Out. Don't think they have much supply and at their discounted prices what they do have is usually gone in the blink of an eye. :(

It's back on waitlist for SSC. I wonder, should I apply for the waitlist again or wait a bit first to see if the EX converts since some people's waitlists converted recently? I feel bad always waitlisting then cancelling shortly after.

It's back on waitlist for SSC. I wonder, should I apply for the waitlist again or wait a bit first to see if the EX converts since some people's waitlists converted recently? I feel bad always waitlisting then cancelling shortly after.

I'm just holding out for my exclusive waitlist. I got on pretty late but hopefully when peoples regulars get converted they'll cancel the exclusive. I'll have a regular from Bbts for sure but I kind of want the cowl, it would be my first hot toys sideshow exclusive!

I'm just holding out for my exclusive waitlist. I got on pretty late but hopefully when peoples regulars get converted they'll cancel the exclusive. I'll have a regular from Bbts for sure but I kind of want the cowl, it would be my first hot toys sideshow exclusive!

Very cool, I'm in the exact same boat as you are, mate. I got the last BBTS pre-order for $430. Saves a lot more than the SSC price, plus I can hold off on it until I get more items to save on combined shipping. I'm in no rush to get it in hand. Fingers crossed for the EX to convert. Cheers! :yess:

Kapital, those are amazing photos.

I'm starting to see people who passed on this now desperately hoping to grab one, locally. Funny thing is a local dealer announced that they still had as much as 10 more units available for PO (at retail price) about 2 months ago and nobody grabbed 'em.

Now the same seller's being bombarded with questions regarding its availability. Another dealer announced that they'd have a few HK first stock next week, non-EX -- for $675!

Back