Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True...could be lighting and/or lense. I saw a EB Batman headshot the other day that suffered the same effect...looked awful...huge nose, narrowed cowl, (and I love that sculpt).

Width-wise, HT Batcowl looks ok here.
24q1vma.jpg

It's so much the width, its the shape of the cowl that is off. It is too square when it should be more round, if that makes sense?

It's so much the width, its the shape of the cowl that is off. It is too square when it should be more round, if that makes sense?
No, I hear you DA.

There are tweeks I would make in the sculpt, too. More about eyes and width of neck, tho. I even did some manips today, (even though I kinda hate myself for doing them...like I am disrespecting the sculptors or something).

Either way, nice nice piece. I can live with the imperfections...nothing I do is perfect either.

And I still prefer a real sculpt versus a "dead" laser scan.

All the sculptors at HT, EB, etc. have my respect.

No, I hear you DA.

There are tweeks I would make in the sculpt, too. More about eyes and width of neck, tho. I even did some manips today, (even though I kinda hate myself for doing them...like I am disrespecting the sculptors or something).

Either way, nice nice piece. I can live with the imperfections...nothing I do is perfect either.

And I still prefer a real sculpt versus a "dead" laser scan.

All the sculptors at HT, EB, etc. have my respect.

So can I, I am happy with what I see, but I know there will people that won't be able to get over how the shape of the cowl is wrong.

So can I.

But the minute theres a more accurate, custom cowl/head, im replacing these.

Or if EB could do a better, more accurate figure, then im selling these off, or mix and match em, if i must.

But until then, as long as it looks like the SDCC pic, ima enjoy this figure as im pretty sure its gonna start shipping this month.

So can I.

But the minute theres a more accurate, custom cowl/head, im replacing these.

Or if EB could do a better, more accurate figure, then im selling these off, or mix and match em, if i must.

But until then, as long as it looks like the SDCC pic, ima enjoy this figure as im pretty sure its gonna start shipping this month.

All good points and I will probably do the same if EB makes a better one as well, despite their QC. :thud:

At this point, I'm more than happy with this figure. Maybe that was HT's plan all along; to correct all of the major inaccuracies so that fans would be so impressed that they'd forget about the minor ones. Spoiler Alert: it's working.:lol

All good points and I will probably do the same if EB makes a better one as well, despite their QC. :thud:

Do we think there is any chance of EB ever doing TDK/TDKR Batsuit???

I am a big HT fan, but love what EB doing too.

Those DJANGO sculpts are crazy!

To hell with QC...take my money...

Possibly. That being said, I'd take this one any day of the week. EB'a QC issues are ridiculous, from what I've heard, and, even then, it'd probably take them a year and a half just to reveal the thing ( after showing an initial, blurry iPhone pic a year and a half prior, that is).

It doesn't look like it, but maybe if this Hot Toys one doesn't turn out too good, they might attempt it if they think they can do better. Just so they try and compete with them and beat Hot Toys at their own game. :dunno

Tell that to the people that have had many QC issues with EB :lol

What will you guys do if the final product is a complete surprise just like this SDCC prototype and it's closer to this derpy fella?

PD13454364278G8.jpg

Never count your chickens before they hatch, especially when your hen is ****ing Hot Toys. :lol

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Possibly. That being said, I'd take this one any day of the week. EB'a QC issues are ridiculous, from what I've heard, and, even then, it'd probably take them a year and a half just to reveal the thing ( after showing an initial, blurry iPhone pic a year and a half prior, that is).

:lol

What will you guys do if the final product is a complete surprise just like this SDCC prototype and it's closer to this derpy fella?

PD13454364278G8.jpg

Never count your chickens before they hatch, especially when your hen is ****ing Hot Toys. :lol

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I think that answer is obvious, I won't be buying the thing!

Nice photo shop though. :lol

Everything is possible in this hobby, it's just a matter of time and money. Ironically this is a hobby where taking chances can also be risky, like waiting for a 2.0 (or 3.0) or another company's version. I'd say if you want it and it's available, get it. Look at some of the people now scouring for QS002 because they were once confident that EB would make their own 1/4 scale Endoskeleton.

Again, IMO, if I want it, I'd get it if the chance is there. Should there be a "better" version coming soon, I could always sell the old one. Lots of wise peeps did that with their V1 Scar Predator.

PD13454364278G8.jpg

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

It's of little consequence to me. I'll likely be going the eBay route, anyway (a little more expensive, but I can get it when I have the money; providing my waitlist doesn't convert). If it turns out great, great. If not, well, my collection hasn't had a 1/4 scale Batman thus far, and I've survived just fine.:lol

Everything is possible in this hobby, it's just a matter of time and money. Ironically this is a hobby where taking chances can also be risky, like waiting for a 2.0 (or 3.0) or another company's version. I'd say if you want it and it's available, get it. Look at some of the people now scouring for QS002 because they were once confident that EB would make their own 1/4 scale Endoskeleton.

Again, IMO, if I want it, I'd get it if the chance is there. Should there be a "better" version coming soon, I could always sell the old one. Lots of wise peeps did that with their V1 Scar Predator.

Very wise words, sir.

Back