Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah thanks a lot man. Yea not a fan of the Iron Man movies, but I know they have a very passionate fan base so I got him to sell him to afford any Batman I could find. I have been looking at this one for a while but for some reason the Enterbay one is the one that really made my jaw drop as crazy at that sounds. I think I am just going to preorder the QS001 for now though and if I see anything I don’t like on it then I can always cancel and buy the Enterbay one. The QS001 just seems like the safer buy for me.

By the way when is the release date for this figure? On sideshow and BBTS I saw it said August, is that still the case?

Totally understandable. Gotta do what you feel is right. EB Bats is what made me sell all my 1/6 to fund 1/4 scale stuff. For me, its the way to go.

As of now, I believe the release date is August 31st.

Yea, I think I am just really looking at the figures and not the accessories. As a total package I no doubt think the QS001 is better, but I sort of feel fortunate to be getting a 1/4 scale Batman right now because I didn’t think I would have the money right now to afford either one, but luckily that Iron Man that I sold helped me out.

And Both the Enterbay and Batman 1/4, to me at least looks far better than anything I have in my collection. I just wish I can get a good look at the final product of the QS001 because I really want to pose my batman with the mask on.

Yeah,i was in the same boat my friend!After seeing the EB quarter scale figures(T-800,Rambo,Batman,etc.,), i sold my entire 1/6 scale collection,which i NEVER thought i would!:slapAnyway the level of detail that a 1/4 scale has, can never be achieved at 1/6.I had every 1/6 batman figure ever released and not one even comes close to the EB Bats until now that is!:yess:

Yeah,i was in the same boat my friend!After seeing the EB quarter scale figures(T-800,Rambo,Batman,etc.,), i sold my entire 1/6 scale collection,which i NEVER thought i would!:slapAnyway the level of detail that a 1/4 scale has, can never be achieved at 1/6.I had every 1/6 batman figure ever released and not one even comes close to the EB Bats until now that is!:yess:

Haha yea man, I was in shock when I witnessed the pics of the enter bay figure, and the videos I recently watched on the QS001 blew me away.

So true, it does look like it is up there now, which why I said up until now EB made better sculpts compared to the same characters Hot toys made, meaning Hot Toys has now reached the level of accuracy and realism EB has accomplished.

Yeah I heard you. ;)

Yeah it looks great now, not only realistic but great likeness to. Best of both worlds! :yess:

:yess:

I think most people that want their characters to look as realistic and accurate as possible would want that. :D

Absolutely, duh! :lol ;) But what I meant is that Enterbay achieved a completely new level of realism and likeness with their 1/4th scale figures compared to any of their own and HT's 1/6th scale figures. That's the kind of realism people want in 1/4th scale now that EB raised the bar. And that's what I'm hoping Hot Toys will continue with. The QS001 looks far better than any 1/6th scale figure they've made before, that I can think of at least.

Thats the best quality vid I seen for it so far.

These are great too:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdER1Bgc-lE[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBJxaDZFNxc[/ame]

:rock

Yet another new Iron Man figure put up on Hot Toys site, and still no word on this figure. WTF??????

And I thought the Star Wars line was dead for HT.. then they announce C-3PO! :yess: Although I already have the die-cast figure from tamashii nations.

Yet another new Iron Man figure put up on Hot Toys site, and still no word on this figure. WTF??????

Oh come on! :thud:

and when Batman figures go up for sale, then in the IM threads the IM fans are like "another new Batman figure put up on HTs site, yet still no word on the IM figures",

vicious cycle, isn't it?:lol

The difference is Hot Toys kept re releasing Batman because they kept aiming to get the likeness right (except Keaton). This is good business sense because the aim behind this is to attract more buyers that would normally pass because the likeness was poor, such as my self .

This is entirely different to what they are doing with Iron man, they aren't aiming for improvements as such, they just want to make as many different versions as possible, like this 2013 Gold Iron man. :gah:

This is the first batman that I will own. POed this last year. I almost went ahead with buying the EB 1/4, but just seemed a bit off although the hs looks amazing.

Maybe just 1 QS batman is enough for my shelves.

Keep in mind, Predatore, that those two shots are both candids shot with a LONG lense which flattens and FATTENS.

Hot Toys is going for the Batman from on-screen close-ups that were often shot with a wider lense which SLIMS the appearance of the cowl. And this on-screen appearance is "truer" in the eyes of many fans and collectors. It's the Batman we see in the movies.

We would all be complaining how he looks like FATman if HT sculpted off your candid pics.

This is the first batman that I will own. POed this last year. I almost went ahead with buying the EB 1/4, but just seemed a bit off although the hs looks amazing.

Maybe just 1 QS batman is enough for my shelves.

You maybe right. In my opinion, no shelf is too small for only one 1/4 scale Batman.. I'll be damn proud to have both companies work on mine.

Hmm, the brow still is pretty damn off, looking at those shots.

Don't forget the curvy bits coming down from the sides of and below the eyes heading towards the nose. Too high and too pronounced. Needs to be softer and more angular. It's sitting above the nostril bulges rather in line with them. Even the sculpt with Catwoman has it right and the DX12 for that part.

To me the whole head still looks a little too narrow, and the neck too thin. The shoulders are too flat as well... They should taper down from the neck... But that's a pretty
easy fix.

I agree with the neck and the shoulders

To me the whole head still looks a little too narrow, and the neck too thin. The shoulders are too flat as well... They should taper down from the neck... But that's a pretty
easy fix.

Back