Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, all eight Enterbay figures I own. The handle of the minigun (not the one with the trigger) was broken off and missing from the box. Someone told me that they might have forgotten to add it to the minigun (since it's a separate piece) but it clearly broken off, so the bastards at the factory put it in the box knowing it was broken... The paint job on the chest is a bit sticky. The LED eye has its own life sometimes turning itself on and off. The funny thing is that Enterbay told me that they would not replace the minigun, since it would cost them money! :lol

Yeah I saw someones with that on you tube, now your second person to have it. :horror

So I say f them. They make amazing figures but I don't want to deal with their ****ty quality control ever again. Would just prefer it if Hot Toys made the figures I want.

Yeah but Hot Toys do make the same figures but up until now their sculpts could not compare with EB.

Enterbay is making a 1/4th scale RoboCop figure. That's gonna be hard for me to resist. I'll be going with timcent88 when I buy it, if I do. He's an ebay seller I have good contact with and trust. He always checks the figures for issues before he sends them, for all his buyers.

Yeah Timcent is without a doubt the best for doing those things! :wink1:

However, the downside is he overcharges! :slap

That bad huh? Thats what really has me nervous. I really want the Enterbay Batman but way to scared I will have QC issues.

It sounds like you really want the EB Batman, so I think you should take the plunge considering how cheap it is compared to other 1/4s. Life is about risk, if the QC sucks real bad u can just take it back. :wink1:

Yeah I saw someones with that on you tube, now your second person to have it. :horror

Was probably my video. But that issue went away, probably because the battery died. Haven't checked. :lol

Yeah but Hot Toys do make the same figures but up until now their sculpts could not compare with EB.

True that, but I think HT's 1/4 Batman figure is up there with the Enterbay figures in terms of likeness and realism, now after seeing the new photos. Before it just looked like a toy. So this might hopefully be the beginning of high-end, accurate and realistic 1/4th scale collectibles from Hot Toys. That's what I'm hoping for.. I think they heard our complaints and they knew it themselves that they couldn't just throw out cheap looking figures in a larger scale when the competitor makes near life-like figures.

Yeah Timcent is without a doubt the best for doing those things! :wink1:

However, the downside is he overcharges! :slap

Unfortunately...

It is not just ebay, it is cheap pretty much everywhere. BBTS has it for for $374, it is one of their lowest selling figures ever, despite how accurate it is. I don't know why this is, since it is so accurate, guess it must be because the suit is just so plain looking and not appealing enough as the EB Joker and their other 1/4s.:dunno

I think it's not the suit being plain-looking. It's because it's NOT made by Hot Toys, period. All Batman Begins 1/6 from Hot Toys have their own problems -- from Jay Leno face plates to flaking suits to broken ankles -- and yet they're sold out and are fetching incredible prices everywhere. Because they're Hot Toys. Here in my country, I must be one of the very few who buy EB. If HT made that Batman Begins 1/4 EB released, it would be worth at least $600 now.

That said, I could suggest to those who're asking which one they should get -- whether they plan to get just one or get both along the way -- I'd say get QS001 first. EB Batman while already sold out on manufacturer level, can still be had for lower than retail and I can't see it getting high in value. QS001 however is a different story. It's not even out yet and now that it's sold out on SSC it's already getting more expensive. BECAUSE IT'S A HOT TOYS BATMAN FIGURE.

Count me in on the LED eye defect! I guess it's what we could consider the major and most common defect on the figure. Good thing it only last 20 seconds each time and it shuts off automatically. It doesn't happen on mine now. I think it could be due to the wirings getting cramped inside the head, or that the switch at the back of the sculpt sometimes don't go fully back up when pressed once, as it's a bit tight perhaps due to the paint or flesh being part of the sculpt.

Yeah, EB should really work on their QC. They make awesome scuplts -- really life-like -- it's a shame their QC's really bad. My MJ Red 23 figure had a defective MVP Trophy: The gold sticker that says MJ's name is UPSIDE-DOWN LOL! Local dealer reported it as all stocks he's got has the same thing (now what are those EB factory workers SMOKING?!), and they're sending replacements. Good thing the figure itself is QC-free.

Isn't it funny that whenever HT shows a new proto people would almost always bash the inaccuracies of the sculpt, while when EB does it, people would start predicting what QC issues the figure would have :lol

Oops sorry my post got too long!

Was probably my video. But that issue went away, probably because the battery died. Haven't checked. :lol

Unless you have an American accent that sounds like it is from the east cost I don't think it is you. :lol

Nevertheless, here is the video.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IY1WD4Urq4[/ame]

True that, but I think HT's 1/4 Batman figure is up there with the Enterbay figures in terms of likeness and realism, now after seeing the new photos.

So true, it does look like it is up there now, which why I said up until now EB made better sculpts compared to the same characters Hot toys made, meaning Hot Toys has now reached the level of accuracy and realism EB has accomplished.

Before it just looked like a toy.

Yeah it looks great now, not only realistic but great likeness to. Best of both worlds! :yess:

So this might hopefully be the beginning of high-end, accurate and realistic 1/4th scale collectibles from Hot Toys. That's what I'm hoping for.. I think they heard our complaints and they knew it themselves that they couldn't just throw out cheap looking figures in a larger scale when the competitor makes near life-like figures.

I think most people that want their characters to look as realistic and accurate as possible would want that. :D

I think it's not the suit being plain-looking. It's because it's NOT made by Hot Toys, period. All Batman Begins 1/6 from Hot Toys have their own problems -- from Jay Leno face plates to flaking suits to broken ankles -- and yet they're sold out and are fetching incredible prices everywhere. Because they're Hot Toys. Here in my country, I must be one of the very few who buy EB. If HT made that Batman Begins 1/4 EB released, it would be worth at least $600 now.

That may be true for Batman but the Ledger Joker is completely sold out or increased in price, so how do you explain that, since it is not made by Hot Toys? Personally I think it is because the Begins suit is very plain looking and more people including myself prefer the TDK one! However, someone else told me it was because they didn't release scarecrow in 1/4 to go a long with the begins suit. IDK what to think.

:confused:

That said, I could suggest to those who're asking which one they should get -- whether they plan to get just one or get both along the way -- I'd say get QS001 first. EB Batman while already sold out on manufacturer level, can still be had for lower than retail and I can't see it getting high in value. QS001 however is a different story. It's not even out yet and now that it's sold out on SSC it's already getting more expensive. BECAUSE IT'S A HOT TOYS BATMAN FIGURE.

Yeah I would agree with that, since this already sold out at SSC. The Enterbay one might be around for years with no increase in value.

Count me in on the LED eye defect! I guess it's what we could consider the major and most common defect on the figure. Good thing it only last 20 seconds each time and it shuts off automatically. It doesn't happen on mine now. I think it could be due to the wirings getting cramped inside the head, or that the switch at the back of the sculpt sometimes don't go fully back up when pressed once, as it's a bit tight perhaps due to the paint or flesh being part of the sculpt.

So it comes on by itself, and shuts off after 20 seconds then comes on again?

Isn't it funny that whenever HT shows a new proto people would almost always bash the inaccuracies of the sculpt, while when EB does it, people would start predicting what QC issues the figure would have :lol

Very true if only there was a company that made both great head sculpts and great QC, hmm.

That may be true for Batman but the Ledger Joker is completely sold out or increased in price, so how do you explain that, since it is not made by Hot Toys? Personally I think it is because the Begins suit is very plain looking and more people including myself prefer the TDK one! However, someone else told me it was because they didn't release scarecrow in 1/4 to go a long with the begins suit. IDK what to think.

:confused:

So it comes on by itself, and shuts off after 20 seconds then comes on again?

FYI both Joker and Batman are sold out at EB now, but Batman can still be found easier at retailers. Joker sold out quicker though. I can only think that it could be due to people having no choice as far as 1/4 TDK Joker is concerned. QS001 was announced before EB Batman started shipping out, and given that choice, people saved their money for HT's, save for those who wanted both. There were never any rumors of HT making their own 1/4 Joker as well, so I guess people gave in and bought it to pair with HT's instead of pairing it with the already available EB's, some justifying that decision with the fact that the TDK suit is the more accurate company to Joker (they never met with Batman in his Begins suit anyway).

Now there are rumors that HT's making a 1/4 Begins suit. Now that they seem to have finally figured out how to sculpt Bale's mouth -- I'll predict another sell out -- which would prove my point that it wasn't the costume. It's Hot Toys, and it will sell out regardless if there'd be a 1/4 Scarecrow to pair it with.

As for the EB BD T800 LED eye, it depends -- some have theirs turning on soon after it turns off after 20 seconds. Mine would only turn on once or twice then stop. My battery's still alive, and so far it hasn;t happened in a long time :) EB really designed to have it turn off after 20 seconds :)

FYI both Joker and Batman are sold out at EB now, but Batman can still be found easier at retailers. Joker sold out quicker though. I can only think that it could be due to people having no choice as far as 1/4 TDK Joker is concerned. QS001 was announced before EB Batman started shipping out, and given that choice, people saved their money for HT's, save for those who wanted both. There were never any rumors of HT making their own 1/4 Joker as well, so I guess people gave in and bought it to pair with HT's instead of pairing it with the already available EB's, some justifying that decision with the fact that the TDK suit is the more accurate company to Joker (they never met with Batman in his Begins suit anyway).

Hmm some good points, like I said it was only my opinion and I guess I am biased since I don't like the Begins suit. Your theory sounds more plausible.

Now there are rumors that HT's making a 1/4 Begins suit. Now that they seem to have finally figured out how to sculpt Bale's mouth

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I'll predict another sell out -- which would prove my point that it wasn't the costume. It's Hot Toys, and it will sell out regardless if there'd be a 1/4 Scarecrow to pair it with.

Maybe, but even if they make it look like Bale I don't think PERS can beat the painted eyes (despite being the wrong color) on EB Batman. :dunno

As for the EB BD T800 LED eye, it depends -- some have theirs turning on soon after it turns off after 20 seconds. Mine would only turn on once or twice then stop. My battery's still alive, and so far it hasn;t happened in a long time :) EB really designed to have it turn off after 20 seconds :)

Well I know the light is cool and all but it is not like you want it on all the time, so if urs only turns on once or twice it is not that big of a deal since it is just a gimmick. :wink1:

LOL -- HT's had what, SIX tries before QS001? LOL! I can be mistaken, but I think HT did 3 Begins suit, 1 Standard MMS TDK suit, DX02, then DX12. They almost had another fail on QS001 too! :lol

Well what matters now is that they eventually got it right, but it must be embarrassing to them that after all those goes at it, EB nails it on their first attempt. :lol

Well what matters now is that they eventually got it right, but it must be embarrassing to them that after all those goes at it, EB nails it on their first attempt. :lol

True. I also agree with those who said on this thread that for what it's worth, we also have EB to thank for the huge improvements QS001 now have. EB Batman surely made a statement at least with the headsculpt, and that could have added some pressure on HT. To quote Batman from Begins, EB surely "rattled their cages".

True. I also agree with those who said on this thread that for what it's worth, we also have EB to thank for the huge improvements QS001 now have. EB Batman surely made a statement at least with the headsculpt, and that could have added some pressure on HT. To quote Batman from Begins, EB surely "rattled their cages".

Yea, I am really only close to being able to afford one of these figures because I flex paid the Mark VII figure, which I never wanted. Was hoping I could sell it for a decent amount to afford a Batman figure.

All the Batman figures sold out when I started collecting, but I did’t like they way the DX12 looked at all.

The QS001 looks good but I don’t know, to me still looks a lot like a figure. I do think their Bale head will be better than the Enterbay one though, and that has me interested.

I think I might just try buying it from BBTS and if I have a problem, just return and buy this guy.

Yea, I am really only close to being able to afford one of these figures because I flex paid the Mark VII figure, which I never wanted. Was hoping I could sell it for a decent amount to afford a Batman figure.

All the Batman figures sold out when I started collecting, but I did’t like they way the DX12 looked at all.

Most people who care about realism and likeness didn't either, hence the mods. So u were not alone. :wink1:

The QS001 looks good but I don’t know, to me still looks a lot like a figure. I do think their Bale head will be better than the Enterbay one though, and that has me interested.

But EBs doesn't? Are you more a statue collector?

I think I might just try buying it from BBTS and if I have a problem, just return and buy this guy.

Well it sounds like you want the EB more, so buy the thing that makes u happy. :)

I picked the EB Batman up recently and while the EB has a fantastic head sculpt, I i feel it's let down by the rest of it

I actually prefer the begins suit but although the parts used are high quality like the rubber suit is great, there's just something about it that seems like it's your dad under there. The head is what's making it a great figure

While on the other hand on the HT 1/4 it's the head thats still stopping it from looking as realistic as the EB but the body is sooo much better

I never realised this until recently but i think it maybe the head/neck on the TDK(R) suit thats killing some of the realism also.

With the begins suit the cowl shape is completely different and works better in figures due to the design, thus easier to replicate Bale being underneath (as a whole) where as the TDK suit is the cowl sitting on top of the neck.

Which is fine in real life because it's flush, but translated to these scales is much harder to do, giving it will needs articulation

I picked the EB Batman up recently and while the EB has a fantastic head sculpt, I i feel it's let down by the rest of it. I actually prefer the begins suit but although the parts used are high quality like the rubber suit is great, there's just something about it that seems like it's your dad under there. The head is what's making it a great figure.

Yeah I think that is only the main part that people love, as the head sculpt is always the main focus of the figure.

While on the other hand on the HT 1/4 it's the head thats still stopping it from looking as realistic as the EB but the body is sooo much better

Really? What way is it better? Like how it doesn't have a fat gut that people say the EB one has?

I never realised this until recently but i think it maybe the head/neck on the TDK(R) suit thats killing some of the realism also.

With the begins suit the cowl shape is completely different and works better in figures due to the design, thus easier to replicate Bale being underneath (as a whole) where as the TDK suit is the cowl sitting on top of the neck.

Which is fine in real life because it's flush, but translated to these scales is much harder to do, giving it will needs articulation

Hmm that might explain why some think it still looks like a figure then. That is a very good point, well spotted!

Tired of the same conversation again and again...HT 1/4 bat will be awesome after these dramatic changes. I don't care that much for BW head...For me figure is a must buy...I own EB bats and I am satisfied but overall HT is over the the top with this figure!

Well i can't be 100% certain yet as it hasn't been released yet but even if they just blew up the DX12 body to 1/4 it'd still be better.

There is the fat man issue with the EB yes, it just looks uncomfortable on the whole. Like the movement isn't fluid or it doesn't seem as natural when stood. These are all minor because as a whole it looks great but it's something i noticed straight away.

I can't really say what they should have done differently because i don't truly know but they dropped the ball on the body proportions i think. His *** seems like it starts halfway down his back and down to the middle of his thighs too haha.

On the DX12 I wish the cowl and neck were one (as the suit) but the head and neck were separate as they are now. I think it'd vastly help the realism and then there might not be issues like how flat the back of the head is and how the mouth protrudes too far forward in comparison to the eyes

Yeah I think that is only the main part that people love, as the head sculpt is always the main focus of the figure.

Really? What way is it better? Like how it doesn't have a fat gut that people say the EB one has?

Hmm that might explain why some think it still looks like a figure then. That is a very good point!

Most people who care about realism and likeness didn't either, hence the mods. So u were not alone. :wink1:

But EBs doesn't? Are you more a statue collector?

Well it sounds like you want the EB more, so buy the thing that makes u happy. :)

Well I don’t know what it is, maybe I do just like the Enterbay one more haha. I am trying to like this one much more since it will probably be an easier purchase for me since hot toys are better at QC than Enterbay.

They still don't make the shoulder pads separate, do they?

For those who don't know, the shoulder pads are two pair each, the larger one is a part of the chest armor and the other one stuck to the arm.

Hmm that might explain why some think it still looks like a figure then. That is a very good point, well spotted!

He is very right haha, Thats whats doing it for me. The head and the neck area just can’t compare for me and doesn’t translate that well in into a mini Bale. The Enterbay one the way that cowl was shaped and the whole neck area while limited just makes for a better looking Mini Bale, in my opinion.

Back