Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to check out Robbie and Hunters face plates. It's just pathetic that HT refuses to get everything right but instead picks and chooses (so it seems) to only get certain aspects correct.

Yes, i'd certainly rather look at a figure that is more statue like with well done eyes and cowl with little to no representation of Bale than to have one that looks similar to him with bug eyes and a cowl that is way off.

Well here is the link to Robbie's one.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119673

However, like you said the biggest problem the DX12 is the eyes so even if you buy Robbies face plate you are still stuck with DX12 PERS Bug eyes. :thud:

However, like you said the biggest problem the DX12 is the eyes so even if you buy Robbies face plate you are still stuck with DX12 PERS Bug eyes. :thud:

And an undersized cowl. And an ugly cowl. And a wrong shaped cowl. And a cowl that is nothing like the one from the film.

I actually do not understand how Hot Toys even let that cowl be designed or even approved for use. The Keaton cowl is so perfect yet, on their THIRD ATTEMPT at Bale's, it is still wrong.

And an undersized cowl. And an ugly cowl. And a wrong shaped cowl. And a cowl that is nothing like the one from the film.

I actually do not understand how Hot Toys even let that cowl be designed or even approved for use. The Keaton cowl is so perfect yet, on their THIRD ATTEMPT at Bale's, it is still wrong.

Let's not forget their 3 attempts on the Batman Begins cowl and faceplates. EB's nailed it on the first try. Of course some would say it's 1/4 scale yadda-yadda. But hey, this one's in 1/4 too, and so far HT's proto fro QS001 shows that Bale Batman is a bike they still haven't learned how to ride.

Just like Catwoman, I was disappointed to not see him on the upcoming release list HT put on Facebook yesterday. My final flex pay is scheduled for May 5 still. But is there much of a chance we will see him next month?

Almost a month till release according to SSC estimates yet no final product pics have surface

It will 100% get delayed. It wasn't pictured in that photo Hot Toys released with is upcoming releases

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Hot toys replied to an email I sent.

Thanks for your interest in Hot Toys products!

Please be informed that The Dark Knight Rises: 1/4th scale Batman Collectible Figure (QS001) is on schedule to launch soon.
The latest news will be updated on our official website and Facebook page.

I know I know not ground breaking, but I was totally shocked they actually responded to my email.

I know I know not ground breaking, but I was totally shocked they actually responded to my email.

thanks for sharing, buddy. We can take their words at face value at best. However I hope they would surprise us at least with better likeness and tweaks whether this gets released late or on time.

When I saw their update for the "new, improved" Tony Stark headsculpt for IM3 weeks after the first protos were released, I wished they'd do the same with their QS001.

Maybe they don't care since many PO'd anyway?

However I hope they would surprise us at least with better likeness and tweaks whether this gets released late or on time.

That is all we can do, hope! :pray:

When I saw their update for the "new, improved" Tony Stark headsculpt for IM3 weeks after the first protos were released, I wished they'd do the same with their QS001.

Yeah it is good that they upgraded or tweaked Tony but they also did the same for Christopher Reeve Superman. Since this looks just like the DX12 I doubt they will fix any issues that we perceive as problems. :thud:

Maybe they don't care since many PO'd anyway?

Of course they don't care, what made you ever think they did? :rotfl

what is the cause of the DX googly eyes? could HT ever fix that problem?

Perhaps if the eye sockets were made to have squinting expression the PERS system will have trouble moving because of the limited space inside the eye socket. Just my guess though. Maybe they can fix it on QS Batman as it has bigger headsculpt to work on.

Perhaps if the eye sockets were made to have squinting expression the PERS system will have trouble moving because of the limited space inside the eye socket. Just my guess though. Maybe they can fix it on QS Batman as it has bigger headsculpt to work on.

I don't think if they made the eyes smaller and with a squint it would effect the movement of the pers at all. They move fine with the eyelid mod that some owners have done, which effectively is the same thing

They need to bring the eyes forward so they aren't as sunken back, it doesn't look like there's a head in the cowl

my 2 cents worth!

They better tweak that headsculpt, both of them. I'm worried since they didn't bother with Wolverine.

On another note, I'm curious about those pics from last June of HT's base in Korea, someone had stills from Begins on their pc screen.

to much blah blah blah for a figure that is not out yet

Man, I wish you kept your post to only 13. But yeah, you had to add one to tell us your opinion about us telling our opinions.

While I also find some boardies on here too obsessed about perfection, people who voice out their comments on forums like this BASED ON THE PROTOS are usually the reason why you're enjoying figures that are close to perfect once they're out.

Man, I wish you kept your post to only 13. But yeah, you had to add one to tell us your opinion about us telling our opinions.

While I also find some boardies on here too obsessed about perfection, people who voice out their comments on forums like this BASED ON THE PROTOS are usually the reason why you're enjoying figures that are close to perfect once they're out.

:exactly:

:goodpost:

Exhibit A as to why HT has no excuses (and this is at a smaller scale):

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73819&page=550

Yeah that Dexter head sculpt is only 1/6th not 1/4 and is very realistic. Now people might say oh but this hand made figure so it doesn't count.

However, take an example of a mass produced figure like the MIB Will Smith. That likeness looks dead on IMO and that is only 1/6th scale. So yeah Hot Toys has no excuses for ruining the head sculpts of their figures except for gimmick reasons. :thud:

Back