Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, I normally use OSB it's just that I've got that many pre orders now, the flex pay option on collectiblesdirect looked quite a good way to pay for this

Cheers, I normally use OSB it's just that I've got that many pre orders now, the flex pay option on collectiblesdirect looked quite a good way to pay for this

Ahh right ok mate. Y'know I've never even checked out collectiblesdirect, will have to sometime! I've only just heard about it really. :duff

Ahh right ok mate. Y'know I've never even checked out collectiblesdirect, will have to sometime! I've only just heard about it really. :duff

I'm gonna go for the Ebay purchase on this. Guys over there selling them for £330, pretty neat price for UK

Decided to screw logic and went ahead to preorder this figure. Got it for £350/$548 (including shipment). Comes with the Exc. Empty Cowl :blissy

An insane price for US but since I'm in UK the price isn't half bad

An insane price for US but since I'm in UK the price isn't half bad

I swear I don't know how you over seas guys do it. All the stuff I hear about shipping and customs fees is depressing. I wouldn't have nowhere near the collection I have today.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I swear I don't know how you over seas guys do it. All the stuff I hear about shipping and customs fees is depressing. I wouldn't have nowhere near the collection I have today.

Yeah but a British pound is worth 1.5 US dollars. :wink1:

I've never had a problem to be honest. If I don't use OSB, I use ebay, and i've never had any problems there, EMS on a hot toys figure is like around £30 and i've never been stung with custom fees. Touch wood.

I don't buy from abroad, stick to UK sellers myself. It's strange here really, because..especially on the secondary market, we pay alot for 1/6 over here. A pre-ordered 1/4 makes so much more sense here. I've seen the Toy Fair 1/6 for £250, 300 on ebay. I've seen this guy for £340. Crazy!

I'm really, really torn between this and the EB. That EB belt is a bugbear for me, but the job on the HS is bordering on fine-art.
Theres something a bit better artistically about Enterbays 1/4 stuff...a real effort to capture likeness and to keep things anatomically correct.

Hot Toys stuff is more flashy, but less substance I guess.

This HT offering is, slightly underwhelming in that all of the attention seems to have gone on the gimmicks. If only that face was closer to the film, it'd be no contest. Thing is, I need to Pre-Order one of these guys, otherwise god knows what the price will be. Tough decision.

Does anyone find the arms too long?
Nope. Since that is based on the body, not the suit, and HT has sold countless numbers of characters and basic bodies(truetype), it gives no reason why they would screw up body proportions.

Very surprised at so many ordering this.

Guess the novelty of the scale is making up for the crappy sculpt and inaccuracies.

False. Im highly interested in this because of the amount of craftsmanship that is easily visible. I will say there is one thing that is guaranteed because of the scale. A higher level of quality that you cant deny.

I honestly believe this is and will be the best representation of the TDK batman suit(im smaller form), and will hate myself for passing up on this.
Just PO'ed mine from BBTS.
PS-does anyone know if there a catch to ordering from BBTS? because for the fact that they dont charge you until it ships is great, but am feeling that there may be a catch to it.

Nope. Since that is based on the body, not the suit, and HT has sold countless numbers of characters and basic bodies(truetype), it gives no reason why they would screw up body proportions.

False. Im highly interested in this because of the amount of craftsmanship that is easily visible. I will say there is one thing that is guaranteed because of the scale. A higher level of quality that you cant deny.

I honestly believe this is and will be the best representation of the TDK batman suit(im smaller form), and will hate myself for passing up on this.
Just PO'ed mine from BBTS.
PS-does anyone know if there a catch to ordering from BBTS? because for the fact that they dont charge you until it ships is great, but am feeling that there may be a catch to it.
Not any unless stated in the product description... I have ordered and PO many items over the last 5 years with them.. their customer service has been spot on with me...:) Hope that helps...

I want to see some more pics in the Sonar getup. Since I don't have Dx02 I'm leaning toward displaying him with Sonar Eyes as I think it's an iconic look and helps the head sculpt.

Back