Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, one pic with over saturation and flash and
tumblr_m37uv8we2a1qku4cxo1_500.gif

I don't think they put too much work into 1/4 suit and cowl. It looks almost exactly like the 1/6 where they're limited by size. But on this scale, they should be able to bring out so much more.

The only mouthpiece they've used so far is the smirking one. Maybe the neutral one as well, but I'm not sure.

Why in this figure Batman looks always happy?

I know right! I can't recall Bats smiling in any of the Nolan films. I don't know why Hot Toys made the 'smiley face'.

What's worse is the 'teeth baring' mouth sculpt. He looks like a piranha.

:gah: HT needs to fix all of there batman heads..they are all ____in wrong:mad:

A fan from HT's Facebook page uploaded this good comparison. You can really see where they went off with the cowl sculpt.

The official stills also show a brown-ish quality on the chest piece armour. I've seen some customs that have the correct colour, but it's hard to tell with HT's pics as to whether it's the lighting or the paint that's making it more bluey/grey than anything else. Some fan photos from AmiCom seem to show this brown-ish shade, so I'm not too sure...

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

So many problems with the cowl but they probably won't fix it because I bet they feel (as most people feel) that they got close enough. Most outside the closely observant won't notice the subtle - but impactful - inaccuracies.

It's not as drastic an innaccuracy as when they practically re-used the MMS67 BB-suit cowl sculpt on their prototype of the first TDK-suit figure (MMS71). That one was ridiculous.

Back