Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 scale, 1/4 scale, 1/3 scale ?, 1.1 scale?, good god when will this madness stop. you finally give in to another collectible and place a PO,following day you get back on your computer, log in to freaks and theres a newer edition, either EX, DX,2.0 ,larger scale. but yet i continue and place my orders. Help !!

1/6 scale, 1/4 scale, 1/3 scale ?, 1.1 scale?, good god when will this madness stop. you finally give in to another collectible and place a PO,following day you get back on your computer, log in to freaks and theres a newer edition, either EX, DX,2.0 ,larger scale. but yet i continue and place my orders. Help !!
:exactly::rotfl:rotfl
Please make them stop at 1/4 scale. my income doesn't scaling that much :(

Why Hot Toys, why you can't make the cowl, as beautiful as the Medix cowl :monkey2 (modded Medicom cowl)

medix.png

They're about even, which is a shame. There's no reason why the 1/4th scale Batman shouldn't blow the DX 12 out of the water. This guy needs some SERIOUS tweaking. :lecture

They're about even, which is a shame. There's no reason why the 1/4th scale Batman shouldn't blow the DX 12 out of the water. This guy needs some SERIOUS tweaking. :lecture

The head sculpt is almost exactly the same, same mouth pieces and everything. On the other hand the body is different. The DX12 has more accurate shoulders, but the QS looks better on the abs area.

The head sculpt is almost exactly the same, same mouth pieces and everything. On the other hand the body is different. The DX12 has more accurate shoulders, but the QS looks better on the abs area.

I think the shoulders on the DX12 should be slightly wider and the chest armor should be raised just a bit. Edit: In fact, and I've said this before, the whole torso suit area should be raised up a bit.

kKmWU.jpg

Not my picture..

A fan from HT's Facebook page uploaded this good comparison. You can really see where they went off with the cowl sculpt.

The official stills also show a brown-ish quality on the chest piece armour. I've seen some customs that have the correct colour, but it's hard to tell with HT's pics as to whether it's the lighting or the paint that's making it more bluey/grey than anything else. Some fan photos from AmiCom seem to show this brown-ish shade, so I'm not too sure...

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

THIS is the exact reason I feel no need to purchase any of these new DK suit figures. Over the DX Bats (or DX2 whatever the crap it was) I see no real improvement worth shelling out for. I still don't see the definitive Bale panther Bats look. There's too much missing for me to shell out my hard earned, IMO

Yeah, there's much room for improvement. But I missed out on the earlier releases of this suit version so this is my chance to get it.

THIS is the exact reason I feel no need to purchase any of these new DK suit figures. Over the DX Bats (or DX2 whatever the crap it was) I see no real improvement worth shelling out for. I still don't see the definitive Bale panther Bats look. There's too much missing for me to shell out my hard earned, IMO

'Panther look'. I like that comparison. It's a fitting description. I will use it more often when complaining about Hot Toys' sculpting!

I'm on the fence. I've got the original DX which I'm
In 2 minds about keeping and have the new DX on PO. I think I'm going to plump for the 1/4 version as I need to justify owning 2 of the same figure. Plus it'll look amazing in that scale...despit looking a bit off

I'm thinking that it's going to be refined quite a bit before release. The cowl, the lack of a mesh under-suit, and the fact that the two extra faces weren't shown in the pics, nor at Ani-Com lead me to believe that this was rushed for the convention.

I think you're right about everything barring the undersuit. They've made specific reference to the fact that it's this amazing new material used so I reckon they're running with that.
The cowl should be tweaked as a priority though

The size and shape of the eyes and the look of the mouth just make it look like Clooney under that cowl.

I hope there is refinement including a new cowl sculpt. The brows are too narrow and defined, the mouth opening too small. The shoulder armour needs to be more form fitting. And of course, the mesh under suit. Address these and it will come closer to the definitive DKR figure.

I am concerned about the longevity of the rubber on EB's 1/4 figure but they have unquestionably put Bale under that cowl in their first attempt. He is just not there under the mask in the HT version.

We all failed to see a likeness in the DX 12 shots too but the toy hunters display pictures look a lot better. I'm still waiting to see better in hand shots of this, no offence to the people who took these photos of course.

The thing is, the cowl has been made by a mold they made from Christian Bale's head. So it's made to EXACTLY fit Bale's head and face. If they just nail the Bale sculpt they can almost literally make the cowl the same way they did it for the film it self, mold the cowl by using the headsculpt!

The small mouth opening is driving me crazy. Now that I see the difference, it really bothers me. Makes me disappointed.

Wanted this to be my first 1/4 action figure.
Unless things are tweaked, forget it.

I'll take the safe route and stick to the basic Batman PF, and not worry about movie specific versions.

Last edited:
I see lots of void mixed with a little bit of voorhees and maglor in the sculpt.

:lol :yess:

PD13436180346dl.jpg

Gay.gif

:lol

That's because he had that look only when wearing the original costume.

Bale.jpg

Back