Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks to Maglor, morphosis and DarkMagic for your honest oppinions and thoughts about this figure. after a long decission time, i just pulled the trigger. i just had to see this figure in hand and to make my oppinion aswell.

well yeah, it came on friday, and hadn't really the time to make any mods at all, so it's pretty stock (changed only quick the cape with eb) and put it on my display case with my eb, so i looked at both and i just can't get my eyes from the hot toys figure now ^^

it has its flaws yes, especially at some angles, but when you look from the front and with the right lightning, it looks even unmodded really spectacular and blows my mind away. there was really the time where i decided to pass out on this figure, but now i'm very very glad i haven't. it is a lot of money, and until yet, the eb was my favorite figure in my collection. i guess it will still be the king after i've got used to look at the ht, but the ht one is really damn close to it, because of its quality and those details on it. really glad i have him now too in my collection :)

phenomal figures these two...

ht-eb-bat.png

ht-eb-bat2.png

ht-eb-bat3.png

ht-eb-bat4.png

ht-eb-bat5.png

That neck mod looks the best out of all I have seen

I have had this figure since mid december.... and man all it does is make me hate my DX12. I cannot explain why...

Needless to say I was futzing with his ankle pegs. I pulled them out and did not insert all of the way. It really near solved my height issue in comparison to the Enterbay version. I recommend that many of you try it out!

IMG_7584.jpg

Heh.. It wont fall?

Not if posed with care. ;)

thanks to Maglor, morphosis and DarkMagic for your honest oppinions and thoughts about this figure. after a long decission time, i just pulled the trigger. i just had to see this figure in hand and to make my oppinion aswell.

well yeah, it came on friday, and hadn't really the time to make any mods at all, so it's pretty stock (changed only quick the cape with eb) and put it on my display case with my eb, so i looked at both and i just can't get my eyes from the hot toys figure now ^^

it has its flaws yes, especially at some angles, but when you look from the front and with the right lightning, it looks even unmodded really spectacular and blows my mind away. there was really the time where i decided to pass out on this figure, but now i'm very very glad i haven't. it is a lot of money, and until yet, the eb was my favorite figure in my collection. i guess it will still be the king after i've got used to look at the ht, but the ht one is really damn close to it, because of its quality and those details on it. really glad i have him now too in my collection :)

phenomal figures these two...

Congrats Thrustmaster! :hi5:

otf6.jpg

Fantastic Photos!!!! so life-like. Its definitely my favorite figure HTs has ever made. Its really amazing!!!!:)

It's a good pic but it doesn't look life-like IMO, it looks obvious to me that it is a toy especially how the face plate sticks out a bit and the eyes look plastic looking (probably due to the flash). Still is a great looking figure though.

I have had this figure since mid december.... and man all it does is make me hate my DX12. I cannot explain why...

Needless to say I was futzing with his ankle pegs. I pulled them out and did not insert all of the way. It really near solved my height issue in comparison to the Enterbay version. I recommend that many of you try it out!

Well I think the reason is because it does not look like a frog like the DX12 does because the eyes are set back, but nontheless, still needs the right angle and lighting to make the eyes less visible.

There's no flash in that pic.

Sir maglor, when are you going to upload your ht 1/4 tdk batman mod? Thanku

Soon, soon. I know I keep saying that, but I've reached a point where I don't know what else to do, so might as well just shoot the video.

Great action pose, so u don't use a stand for this figure right?

Never. Sometimes the Enterbay base, but never a stand.

Now that looks more life-like! :clap

I think the problem you are having with that morphosis pic isn't the lighting. It's the pink around the eyes. Painting around the eyes and lessening the pink really makes a big difference.

Also, there's a trick to getting that open mouth face plate to sit in the cowl better. It's not a mod.

Just make sure that it's pressed in tight at the top corners without worrying about how far the chin sticks out below the cowl. I see now that it's supposed to hang below the cowl a bit, and when you work with that (rather than trying to push it up higher), you can get it to sit deeper.

[Edit] Thanks Tony. :)

Also, there's a trick to getting that open mouth face plate to sit in the cowl better. It's not a mod.

Just make sure that it's pressed in tight at the top corners without worrying about how far the chin sticks out below the cowl. I see now that it's supposed to hang below the cowl a bit, and when you work with that (rather than trying to push it up higher), you can get it to sit deeper.

Great tip, does look great in your pictures. It's these little tips that make a world of differences

So you haven't modded the mouth piece at all??

Never. Sometimes the Enterbay base, but never a stand.

Hmm ok does that go for all your figures?

I think the problem you are having with that morphosis pic isn't the lighting. It's the pink around the eyes. Painting around the eyes and lessening the pink really makes a big difference.

Well its actually JawZ270589's pic, only put it on morphosis's post because he was replying to it. However I think it is both the lighting and pink around the eyes because the lighting is shining directly on the eyes in JawZ270589's pic. Also I think the angle has a lot do it with it to because the head/neck is tilted down towards the left in his pic towards the light his pic showing more of the white part of the eye, whereas in your pic the cowl is tilted away a from the light. thus, showing less of the white part of the eye.

Great pics Maglor!

Yeah, the lightning was too close to the eyes..
So the white part of the Batman's eye reflected the light and created the plastic effect..

gn68.jpg

qtri.jpg

owqx.jpg

Have one of you guys tried to make the beer belly effect on the QS001?

l3wq.jpg

jw9u.jpg

h9of.jpg

The lowest abdomen armor slightly placed forward than the other.
Well, it won't look cool, but it's screen accurate..

IMG_7600.jpg
[/CENTER]

Great photography here Maglor. I second the motion eagerly (and patiently!) waiting for the mod video.

Great pics Maglor!

Have one of you guys tried to make the beer belly effect on the QS001?

l3wq.jpg

The lowest abdomen armor slightly placed forward than the other.
Well, it won't look cool, but it's screen accurate..

I was going to say this picture looks just like Bale in the suit...then I realized it IS Bale in the suit. :lol

As for the subtle beer belly, I haven't tried adding any extra padding to his abs. I took away the ab pad and then it looked too flat to me so I put it back. I may experiment with some slight extra padding there, but I don't mind sacrificing screen accuracy for idealism in this area.

Back