Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hook on the time bomb gun is crooked. Looks like it broke and reglued.

Also the black paint on the grappling hook flakes easily and i broke the umm finger print drill thing because it wasnt pulled down all the way when i closed it.

The last part is my fault haha.

But yeah, im plannig to buy another one and keep it sealed.. I know that sounds weird, but id like to have one thats mint and not messed with lol...

ynasu7yp.jpg

For those without the sideshow exclusive I just received my 1/4 batman recast cowl from the Hong Kong based eBay seller. Looks alright to me. Paints OK etc and sent VERY quickly. Better than not having one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I just ordered the last one from this particular seller. Can't wait to get it.

View attachment 70764

Anyone got this problem yet? Found this on mine right out the box!!:gah:

I had the same problem with mine. SSC told me this was the norm for this figure when I tried asking for an exchange. Decided to keep it and fix it. Mine had this problem in 3 different spots. I visited Michael's and got some fabric glue and the armor has stayed on pretty well.

To avoid glue dripping all over the place I used those plastic collar straighteners from dress shirts since it has that sharp edge to it. Squeezed the tube a little and took a very small amount with the plastic edge and placed some between the armor and clothing and held it in place until it dried.

Worked really well. I can't find the glue right now but it was a gorilla brand fabric glue. Less than $7.00.

Still can't believe SSC felt this is normal for a $500 figure. :slap

I had the same problem with mine. SSC told me this was the norm for this figure when I tried asking for an exchange. Decided to keep it and fix it. Mine had this problem in 3 different spots. I visited Michael's and got some fabric glue and the armor has stayed on pretty well.

To avoid glue dripping all over the place I used those plastic collar straighteners from dress shirts since it has that sharp edge to it. Squeezed the tube a little and took a very small amount with the plastic edge and placed some between the armor and clothing and held it in place until it dried.

Worked really well. I can't find the glue right now but it was a gorilla brand fabric glue. Less than $7.00.

Still can't believe SSC felt this is normal for a $500 figure. :slap

This is why I'm getting out of collecting 1/6th & 1/4 scale high-end. The cost has sky rocketed to ludicrous levels and QC seems to have gone out of the window. When I first started collecting it was very rare that you would have any issues at all. You got what you paid for. Now the last 4 Hot Toys figures I've bought have all had QC issues and the stock reply is "They're all like that". You're paying a premium price for quality, not to be fobbed off when there's a problem.

This is why I'm getting out of collecting 1/6th & 1/4 scale high-end. The cost has sky rocketed to ludicrous levels and QC seems to have gone out of the window. When I first started collecting it was very rare that you would have any issues at all. You got what you paid for. Now the last 4 Hot Toys figures I've bought have all had QC issues and the stock reply is "They're all like that". You're paying a premium price for quality, not to be fobbed off when there's a problem.

May I ask what are you going to collect now then if you won't collect high end 1/6th or 1/4th scale figures anymore?

May I ask what are you going to collect now then if you won't collect high end 1/6th or 1/4th scale figures anymore?

I'll still get the NECA Alien stuff. Ironically their QC is not great but they don't cost in excess of £200 quid. :lol

I've been eyeing up the Star Wars black line too.

I'll still get the NECA Alien stuff. Ironically their QC is not great but they don't cost in excess of £200 quid. :lol

I've been eyeing up the Star Wars black line too.

Ah ok well their stuff is quite nice looking to, so it's not like you are collecting poor looking figures. :rock

After the loooooong wait I finally got my QS001. So happy to have this figure before the year ended. I patiently waited for this since August 2012! Will take time to display it though as I plan to move my collection around with new shelves fabricated soon :)

After the loooooong wait I finally got my QS001. So happy to have this figure before the year ended. I patiently waited for this since August 2012! Will take time to display it though as I plan to move my collection around with new shelves fabricated soon :)

Yay ! Congratulations man :clap:yess:

Awesome! That's a long wait for a figure!! Happy for you, man :) Can't wait to see what pose you'll go with. There are just so many options with him, but that's why he's so amazing! Congrats!!

Is there any soft rubber on this figure? I am afraid of things breaking down.

I'm not to sure everything feels like a soft plastic material, if it is rubber then it's pretty damn good quality rubber. Sorry couldn't give an exact answer:dunno

Back