Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's true but at least he finally nailed faceplates as Bale. :yess:

Still, you hit the nail with half the force, and it may not go right in the board. Point is, until that Bale head (hopefully) blows my mind, he hasn't perfected anything, as you can't really compare a mouth to an entire head.

Looks very toyish to me but each to their own.

I'd, again, beg to differ. In hand, I still remember being blown away by it. I can see how the DX 01 needed to be improved, but that Police head perfectly captured that look as he aimed his gun.

Yeah, but in the SDCC pics it looks just like him (I'll be buying new lights to have the same lighting for what it looked like there)
As for commissioning Adam Gu, I think that his sculpts look too much like Ledger IMO, but they are the best on the 1/6 market.

I've often thought that they overlooked the character of The Joker in trying to have the perfect likeness, but I think that's where playing up someone's strong suits is key. You know he's going to nail the Ledger likeness, but, perhaps, not the feeling of the Joker, so, give him an expression to work with that is inherently Joker.

Still, you hit the nail with half the force, and it may not go right in the board. Point is, until that Bale head (hopefully) blows my mind, he hasn't perfected anything, as you can't really compare a mouth to an entire head.

Whilst it may only be half at least in some improvement.

I'd, again, beg to differ. In hand, I still remember being blown away by it. I can see how the DX 01 needed to be improved, but that Police head perfectly captured that look as he aimed his gun.

Blown away by it? While I agree it captures the scene and expression it still doesn't look very realistic to me, maybe its the paint job. :dunno

Whilst it may only be half at least in some improvement.

Blown away by it? While I agree it captures the scene and expression it still doesn't look very realistic to me, maybe its the paint job. :dunno

Perhaps that's what it is. Remember that it's a 4 year old release that we're talking about, here. So, paint apps may not be what we're used to in 2013, but, as a sculpt, it was spot on.

Dang, after seeing that comparison I take back what I said :thud:
Just forget I said anything

I used to be in the camp that didn't care for Adam's work, as I found it to be too much Ledger and not enough Joker (those soulful, puppy dog eyes), but I really think that he could make up for it if given the right expression to work with.

Dang, after seeing that comparison I take back what I said :thud:
Just forget I said anything

:lol

:yess:

:hi5:

Perhaps that's what it is. Remember that it's a 4 year old release that we're talking about, here. So, paint apps may not be what we're used to in 2013, but, as a sculpt, it was spot on.

It's one of Yulli's better Ledger ones that's for sure.

I used to be in the camp that didn't care for Adam's work, as I found it to be too much Ledger and not enough Joker (those soulful, puppy dog eyes), but I really think that he could make up for it if given the right expression to work with.

Yeah, his Daniel Craig sculpt made my jaw drop.
I think it would be awesome if he made a sculpt of him from the Harvey Dent fundraiser (Which is something I want real badly with the shrimp, glass, and table)

:lol

:yess:

:hi5:

It's one of Yulli's better Ledger ones that's for sure.

Yep, and I still think that her DX 11 sculpts are great. Rorywan's mods just show how much Ledger is in that PERS head, and, while it's not perfect, it's pretty clear that there's a lot there.

Yeah :(
I love his "Scarecrow Batman"

Yeah, his Bane looked awesome, and that 2.0 Wayne head that he posted a while back was jaw dropping (hint: he could take Kojun to school).

I wouldn't say a lot but I can see some likeness there.

To me, one of the things that I loved about the pics of that figure was the fact that it had the perfect balance of Ledger, the actor, and Joker, the character.

That looks awesome, I wish Hot Toys would take more time to release their figures so each one looks like the prototype.

We still don't know if his Wayne has improved, yet, though, and this is, what? His fifth time? I hope it's as awesome as the rest of this, but we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. I do agree that they should have more variety, though. They ought to just quit being cheap and commission Adam Gu.

HT approached him for the DX11, but he rejected them.

Back