Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Lonely Batman...

... til HT comes up with a 1/4 Joker! LOL

If they make one they should have Kojun sculpt it to fit in with QS001, because if you have them stand next to each other the textures and style of sculpting are different and I want an official Kojun 1/4 TDK set :lol
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Yulli sucks at sculpting Ledger Joker.

I'd beg to differ. The DX 11 looks awesome from everything I've seen. Is it 100% accurate? Probably not, but has Kojun showed us that he could do any better?

I'd beg to differ. The DX 11 looks awesome from everything I've seen. Is it 100% accurate? Probably not, but has Kojun showed us that he could do any better?

His updated QS001 sculpt and Mandarin look amazing. It's just that Yulli has attempted Joker more times than Kojun has done BM and now has perfected him and Yulli still hasn't perfected Joker.
I own a DX11 and I can tell it's joker, but they could've easily done better than that.

Awesome really?

His updated QS001 sculpt and Mandarin look amazing. It's just that Yulli has attempted Joker more times than Kojun has done BM and now has perfected him and Yulli still hasn't perfected Joker.
I own a DX11 and I can tell it's joker, but they could've easily done better than that.

:exactly:

Yulli's sculpts are more like caricature versions of the actors, like the cop Joker, you can its Ledger but still looks very cartoony like.

It's just whenever Hot Toys has a Dark Knight Joker project they call upon Yulli. Every. Time.
I want to see diversity in the sculpts and to have an accurate joker because I paid nearly $300 for this and just by looking at it I can find all of the errors. I'm sorry for posting about Yulli sculpting Joker so many times its just that I want an accurate Joker sculpt :dunno

We still don't know if his Wayne has improved, yet, though, and this is, what? His fifth time? I hope it's as awesome as the rest of this, but we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. I do agree that they should have more variety, though. They ought to just quit being cheap and commission Adam Gu.

Awesome really?

:exactly:

Yulli's sculpts are more like caricature versions of the actors, like the cop Joker, you can its Ledger but still looks very cartoony like.

Cop Joker is fantastic, and I'd say it's far less cartoony than anything else. It's expressive, but it still looks as though it came right from the film; it's probably one of her more impressive attempts, so I'd say that's a poor example.

We still don't know if his Wayne has improved, yet, though, and this is, what? His fifth time? I hope it's as awesome as the rest of this, but we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. I do agree that they should have more variety, though. They ought to just quit being cheap and commission Adam Gu.

Now that's true but at least he finally nailed faceplates as Bale. :yess:

Cop Joker is fantastic, and I'd say it's far less cartoony than anything else. It's expressive, but it still looks as though it came right from the film; it's probably one of her more impressive attempts, so I'd say that's a poor example.

Looks very toyish to me but each to their own.

Yeah, but in the SDCC pics it looks just like him (I'll be buying new lights to have the same lighting for what it looked like there)
As for commissioning Adam Gu, I think that his sculpts look too much like Ledger IMO, but they are the best on the 1/6 market.

Yeah, but in the SDCC pics it looks just like him (I'll be buying new lights to have the same lighting for what it looked like there)
As for commissioning Adam Gu, I think that his sculpts look too much like Ledger IMO, but they are the best on the 1/6 market.

What do you mean they look too much like Ledger? :huh

What do you mean they look too much like Ledger? :huh

In the Dark Knight he has thicker eyebrows, lips, and cheeks because of the fake scars and makeup. I really do think they should hire him though. I think his sculpts are really awesome though like his interrogation one when Joker says "Even to a guy like me that's cold".

Back