Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I really want one just for the epicness of the size. But if it's closer to $500 it's going to be hard. I might prefer to just get another DX12 and try and get the base loose.

I see a PO on ebay for this item at $514.00 shipped from HK. My guess is it will sell state side for around $479.00. Just my guess. I'd like to note that I think it looks fantastic!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this well over $400 either. People say Hot Toys has to keep the price low to compete with Enterbay and such for 1/4, but that has NEVER stopped them in 1/6 scale they still have the most rapidly rising prices in 1/6 and are charging more than ever for less content than ever too. I would not be surprised if Hot Toys ignores Enterbay completely and retails these at around $450 or something. It would suck, but considering how much the DX12 is I just find it hard to believe this, which is everything the DX12 is but more and twice as big, would not be twice the price, which would be a whopping $540 O_O!

they were king at 1/6 though, so they could do what they pleased with pricing cause they made sure they dictated the market. EB is a threat to HT, so increasing the price dramatically wouldn't be a smart move to start off with cause prices are expected to increase in the future. When that happens, seriously, who is gonna buy these at $500-550 a pop? My point is, these things at $400 are pretty damn close to the price ceiling people will be willing to spend on these as it is.

I see a PO on ebay for this item at $514.00 shipped from HK. My guess is it will sell state side for around $479.00. Just my guess. I'd like to note that I think it looks fantastic!

the EB pieces are too, but that's just greedy seller mark up for impatient people, doesn't mean anything.

As amazing as this is, and the EB one, and I LOVE the scale... It still bothers me and can't get out of my head, that they are still just giant action figures.

Which means, they look pretty static just standing there, and you can't do much with them dynamically as you think, even though you can pose them.

Compared to a statue that has artistic values, and is put on a pose for a reason, it just can't compare to me.

I will still prefer the batman PF, standing on the gargoygle, with his foot perched on it, and his cape blowing in the wind. Even though I can't pose it. What it captures, just makes these "poseable" action figures, still feel lifeless and flimsy. And part of that has to do with the simple bases. Designed to do nothing, but hold the figure there. Try anything too crazy or dynamic, and it might fall over anyway.

And if the cost is more than a PF, you can forget it about too.

As amazing as this is, and the EB one, and I LOVE the scale... It still bothers me and can't get out of my head, that they are still just giant action figures.

Which means, they look pretty static just standing there, and you can't do much with them dynamically as you think, even though you can pose them.

Compared to a statue that has artistic values, and is put on a pose for a reason, it just can't compare to me.

I will still prefer the batman PF, standing on the gargoygle, with his foot perched on it, and his cape blowing in the wind. Even though I can't pose it. What it captures, just makes these "poseable" action figures, still feel lifeless and flimsy. And part of that has to do with the simple bases. Designed to do nothing, but hold the figure there. Try anything too crazy or dynamic, and it might fall over anyway.

your right basically, but there's one thing your forgetting. Now, I'm primarily a 1/4 statue collector, but have we seen any movie Batman statues that look this good? And if SS does do them, would they offer more then these do in paint and switch out options? Prolly not..........:monkey1

Agree with every word

The hot toys sculpt, while underwhelming, is much better than enterbays. Enterbay seems to have an issue with foreheads. They come out overly prominent and squarish. Same deal with the 1/4 Terminator.

your right basically, but there's one thing your forgetting. Now, I'm primarily a 1/4 statue collector, but have we seen any movie Batman statues that look this good? And if SS does do them, would they offer more then these do in paint and switch out options? Prolly not..........:monkey1

This. Sideshow to me are a company that do really great prototype figures which are great to look at on the internet, but i wouldn't want to own their retail version with consistently sloppy paint aps.

I like what you're smoking? Can I have some? :lol :peace

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely got a better likeness, but it's got that same stupid look on his face. Funny that you mentioned "what your smoking" because it looks like Caps been doing a lot of that. :lol

I think I actually like EB's BB figure more than this. I think part of it is the suit in respect to the scale itself. The Begins suit would be so much more imposing at this scale. I'm not getting either one but if I did it would be EBs. Plus I think the
mouth looks weird and the Bale sculpt just looks bad.
Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

...ah, what the hell? He reminds me of Bigfoot, Michael Jackson, and Abe Lincoln.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'm a staunch defender of this figure, and I will remain so. However, I'm not defending it for what it has, but for its potential. This figure is not without its issues, that's for damn sure, but what I see is the potential to be the definitive Dark Knight Batman. My issues with it:
-Bruce Wayne's chin; it's way too broad and it's throwing off a fantastic likeness.
-Batman's face; if I can't recognize it as Christian Bale, HT, you have a lot of work to do to get it at least up to par with Enterbay's.
-PERS; I was ecstatic to learn that HT were including the feature in their quarter scale Batman, but they need to fix it at both scales.
-The Batsymbol; for Pete's sake Hot Toys, not only are you working at a bigger scale, but you've also achieved it at a smaller scale; fix those damn ears.
-The suit; my hope is that the undersuit was just a placeholder for Ani-Com, but if not, well, then HT needs to find a better mesh fabric. Again, if you can do it in 1/6th, you can do it in 1/4th.
-Pads; they're too thick.

Only issue is that sideshow picks some retarded poses

Back