Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go back in read what you said, you were the one saying the proto pic I showed is not the proto and is what we all own. That sounds condescending to me as I got the impression you wanted all of us to take your word for it and that was that. As far as being passionate about the issue I am not, as I think it is a complete waste of time but just saw where the other people were coming from and you kept wanting me and others to explain why it is different and you wanted to know why we wouldn't accept your explanations that it was not different at and all due to the lighting. I was trying to change the subject and only tried to reply to post where people were talking about the 1/4 scale figure but you insisted to go on about this. So no offense but I think you are the one that is the most passionate about this, not me...

Of course it wasn't but you were saying the proto pics were of the final product, which is your explanation to what we own is the same sculpt as the sculpt in the pic I showed. That was the problem.

That was an honest mistake on my part. I truthfully though that "ON.CC" pic was a shot of the production piece. I have admitted the mistake.

Finally, you actually see a difference before you saw no difference and was trying to convince everyone that there was no difference at all.

I make only one or two posts saying that was the production piece (again, an honest mistake). My last few posts are made from a different perspective, not pursuing that argument at all.

It's actually an illogical explanation, because that would mean all the promo pics of the proto would all have len's distortion as well wouldn't it?

Regarding my speculation about lens distortion:

Here's the photo in question:

1.jpg

Here's a couple more shots of the prototype (screen caps right from Sideshowtoy.com):

2.jpg

3.jpg

I realize the angle is not identical (these are the closest I saw), but the face does look fuller to me in these. So I don't know, lens distortion (stretching) is a possibility with the ON.CC pic. It could also be related to the fact that the ON.CC pic is so flooded with light. There is almost a complete absence of shadowing on the sculpt.

Regardless, I think it is the use of phrases like "different sculpt" that really sticks in my craw. It just seems misleading and hyperbolic to me.

4.jpg
5.jpg

When I look at these, I see better paint/photography/lighting on the left, and I see some softening, but very little else. There may be some slight settling, or whatever, that makes the final product look a tiny bit wider from straight on, but they are what I would call the same sculpt. And they both are very clearly Christian Bale.

What would I use the term "different sculpt" to describe?

HTS2.jpg
HTS1.jpg

Anyway, I apologize for coming off as condescending. That was not my intent. Clearly, we just have different opinions, and I am more forgiving when it comes to the proto to production transformation. I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
I'm gonna break the mould, and make judgment when I actually have the product in hand.

I don't think any cameras do these figures justice, especially iPhone/mobile phone cameras. I've had an iPhone for 8 months now and it still boggles me how apple have sold so many of these pieces of crap!!! But I digest, back to topic! Lol

I'm buzzing to get this figure, not gonna pass comment on any sculpt or cape views or anything til it's in hand.

Just hope it doesn't suck!! Lol. It has a lot to live up to tho as I have the EB Batman.

Has anyone addressed the issue of how he's attached to the stand? Is that a typical Hot Toys crotch holder i see? And if it is, i'll be a little disappointed if its not attached to the base in a much better way then it sliding into a plastic holder for it.

I wonder why they still aren't showing the BW head?It couldn't be that they cancelled that part of the set and compensated with an extra face plate,could it?God i HOPE someone at least decides to take some decent PICS. of this figure!!^_^

Has anyone addressed the issue of how he's attached to the stand? Is that a typical Hot Toys crotch holder i see? And if it is, i'll be a little disappointed if its not attached to the base in a much better way then it sliding into a plastic holder for it.

Might be a hole in his foot and a peg on the base.

Finding it hard not to judge these pics negatively, but they are pretty bad flash pics, with quite a bit of distortion going on as well.
Fingers crossed.

There's no flash. They have a strong light pointed at the figure inside the display case.

I never had the nerve to have characters tattooed on me. I think it's mainly the fear that one day I won't care for the character/franchise anymore.

I could NEVER not be into Masters Of The Universe. Loved it since it first came on tv in 1983. Lol.

Also have the Superman logo on my shoulder. Getting a Keaton batman soon.

Back