Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people on here think the DX12 head sculpt is exactly the same as the proto. Its actually forbidden say that the DX12 Bale sculpt is not the same sculpt as the proto, even though it is so ****ing obvious! :gah:

picture.php

How could anyone think it was different? :D

In a way they are right it is the same sculpt it just got deformed from the resin to PVC conversion process for mass production. I think it is because Hot Toys rushed the figure so it would be out on time just after TDKR was released. :dunno

It was one of the best HT sculpts, now it is actually one of the worst..

If you'd see the release dates, you'd realize that HT has a funny way of counting. DX12 came before 11, now QS002 came earlier than QS001 LOL

Good point, I have notice it is either newbies that think it is amazing and also like you said the fact it is newer sculpt so even some Hot Toys veterans think it is the best Bale sculpt ever!

Say a year and a half ago Hot Toys made a Tony Stark, but his eyes were off and his lower face was perfect, and at present day they announce a brand new Tony which has updated the eyes but sacrifices some of the other key details due to sculpting issues. Even though the majority of the face would be off unlike the year and a half old one that only the shape and paint of the eyes are off but other than that it would be perfect.

The Hot Toys veterans would say the new sculpt would be better due to the up-to-date features so that it would fit in with the newer figures.

I think this is a main issue.

Say a year and a half ago Hot Toys made a Tony Stark, but his eyes were off and his lower face was perfect, and at present day they announce a brand new Tony which has updated the eyes but sacrifices some of the other key details due to sculpting issues. Even though the majority of the face would be off unlike the year and a half old one that only the shape and paint of the eyes are off but other than that it would be perfect.

The Hot Toys veterans would say the new sculpt would be better due to the up-to-date features so that it would fit in with the newer figures.

I think this is a main issue.

If that is true then I weep for the likeness of Hot Toys future releases. :monkey2

QS= Quater Scale, the numbers indicate what number it is. Looks like Hot Toys plans to cover them selves for releasing hundreds of these going by the decimals.

Oh yea makes sense lol got all my Enterbay fan friends slating me for putting up with hot toys and the delay of this figure. Their latest rant is why did the QS002 come out before QS001 when the Endoskeleton was much more advanced and thats what more time should have been spent on. All i can say is their 1/4 bats is gonna run crying when this beast is unleashed lol

Back