Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first time in this thread, so my thoughts may be covered already but... I have not purchased Hot Toy's Two Face because I would want to display him with the damaged portrait. This means displaying him with the burned jacket... and unburned pants!?!?!?!?:mad:

I just hate that they didn't give him a second pair of pants to give an accurate look... just looks sooooo lame with mismatched pants to me! I can't understand why Hot Toys did it!?!?!?!?

Dent's pants weren't burnt in the movie, just stained with gas, the majority of the burns were concentrated at the shoulder. I do think they could have included a second burnt shirt, but really, the set was made to be either Dent or Two-Face, you didn't have enough pieces, evne with a spare body, to build both out of the box, I ordere a second shirt, tie and pair of pants to make my Dent.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

As far as doing a DX of Two-Face, it woudl certainly be a better and more accurrate version of the first figure, but when I said there's not much for them to really justify it, what I mean is, with Batman, you get the sonar head, the backpack, the stick gun, things you've never had before so even though it's just a bettered version of another figure, the new parts made it acceptable. With Joker, you get an updated Clown and the Cop figure out of it, so that takes a bit of sting out. Even if they included an alternate suit for Dent with Two-Face, like the blue one he wore in court, I think it wouldn't be enough to not enrage people about dipping in again on the character and just releasing a better figure. People were upset enough about DX Batman and Joker, I think they'd really be upset about Two-Face. Now, if he were more accurrate, he might sell better than the first one, but that's a gamble and I don't see HT taking it.

I just hate that they didn't give him a second pair of pants to give an accurate look... just looks sooooo lame with mismatched pants to me! I can't understand why Hot Toys did it!?!?!?!?

Here's the actual suit from the movie

1265590006.jpg

So you can see that unburned pants are actually accurate. ;)

I actually like this current one, because the jacket was REALLY burned, not just in some areas. The actual suit isn't very two face esque....rather disappointing really.

Things they could improve on though.

- the head needs to be a better size, he's a bit of a pinhead
- the hands need to be smaller
- the coin needs to be bigger, and with better detail
- the tie needs to be corrected
- there needs to be 2 suits
- there needs to be gas stains on one shirt
- there needs to be a better expression on the dent head, and the likeness could be improved
- the tie needs to be corrected for crying out loud
- the shirt needs to be made out of better material
- they need a better way to make a burned suit
- they needs socks on the figure dammit!
- there needs to be more hands
- needs to be a briefcase and maybe a podium for dent
- two face needs an oil drum or something

I actually blame the innaccurracy of the coat burns of the figure coat problems.

The area where the HT jacket suffers is at the collar and back where the burns meet the clean side, it bunches up, it's too rigid. However, the film burns barely go around the back of the collar and mainly hit the farthest out point of the shoulder. If the figure coat were like that, I think it'd work much nicer.

As far as the shirt material, for what little of it you see, it's perfect, it's thin enough that it doesn't bulk out the figure too much and the suit can be more snug to the body, like Cop Joker who uses the same shirt. I like the material for any figure wearing something over the shirt because it's about keeping the bulkiness of layers down and doesn't need to be a high end shirt.

The shirt on my figure was thin, cheap, wrinkly material that was difficult to futz. And my shirt was dethreadiing itself. It was horrible. The Police shirt was better though, but still not good for someone like two face.

I took a small cup of water, poured various brown paints into it to build up the staining look of the shirt, and then mixed black into the water and finely brushed it into the collar to try best to match the film char pattern.

Maul - did you use the original shirt or a different white shirt?
Just curious if the slick texture of the OE shirt accepted the "stain."

Maul - did you use the original shirt or a different white shirt?
Just curious if the slick texture of the OE shirt accepted the "stain."

Original shirt, it will take to staining.

I had bought a shirt to "burn" off eBay before, but I found the thicker material most 1/6 button down shirts are made of puffed out the Two-Face jacket too much, which is why I'm an advocate of the thin material on TF's shirt and Cop Joker. It's not the nicest, but where the jacket is pretty closed on the figure and all you really see is the collar, I like that the thinner material lets the coat sit better on the body.

Also, my Two-Face is on the Narrow TT now, I think that body works much better for the coat.

I just got me a Two Face, and I was looking to make me a custom Dent. I recall someone using a Bank Robber Joker suit for theirs. I've been looking for pics of this. Can anyone point in the direction of these photos or to a pair of Two Face pants?

Dent's pants weren't burnt in the movie, just stained with gas, the majority of the burns were concentrated at the shoulder. I do think they could have included a second burnt shirt, but really, the set was made to be either Dent or Two-Face, you didn't have enough pieces, evne with a spare body, to build both out of the box, I ordere a second shirt, tie and pair of pants to make my Dent.

O.K. perhaps I got a bit too excited.:eek:

However, there is a pretty dramatic difference between the pristine pants Hot Toys provided and the pants in these pics:

2.jpg

3.jpg

I will admit that it would be much easier to mod the pants to look stained than burned.

Has anyone done this? I would like to see a cohesive Two Face suit... and if it wasn't to hard to mod the pants/jacket to look stained together I would consider buying him! :D

holy crap that looks nice! could you tell us how you did that? i would love to try that on my two-face!

I'd also love to know how you did this, it looks fantastic! Much better than the HT one we got and I bet it'll sit great!

Here's one photo.

Maybe it just looks better in pics, but it really won't matter to me because My TF will end up looking like this with an Elvis Repaint/Mod... so Harvey will be, shall we say, overshadowed. :blackbat

IMG_1401.jpg

And here's more where that came from - but Seb has since improved on it but I can't find pics of the improved version

SO here's my custom upgraded two face!
First i resculpted the eye socket and repaint the burnt face and i add some real hair!
The suit is a dragon suit using burnt amber for the left part!

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

Here's Seb's Two-Face pre-hair addition.

TWO FACE
1/6th Customized by Elvis1976

---------------------------------------------

Head Sculpt: Hot toys repainted
Suit: Dragon + burned parts made of burnt amber and painted
Shirt+tie+body: Hot Toys
Shoes: Dragon

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Back