Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a general observation, but I'll never understand that kind of mentality.

This figure is excellent - regardless of what's come after it.

Agreed. Same goes for the DX. I mean it has its issues but if your gonna rag on that figure then your mental. BR has a better likeness but the DX has a pretty good one too. I mean really the longer you have it and see it you can see that its not the perfect sculpt it was when you first saw it b ut still a solid sculpt and a very very fun figure. Both of them.

Oh and if you think the hate is bad now wait till the DX2.0 comes out. :lol

Yep! There seems to be a special kind of person that makes a HT Joker nut. I've got the original and the BR versions and I'm more than happy with them. I don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on screen accurate socks...

Yep! There seems to be a special kind of person that makes a HT Joker nut. I've got the original and the BR versions and I'm more than happy with them. I don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on screen accurate socks...

Yeah, I have no doubt that the 2.0 will blow us away and it will be much advanced in sculpt,clothes etc but the ones out now are still awesome. Plus Id keep them for nostalgic reasons regardless. It was the BR and DX that got a lot of people into this hobby.. well at least the high end part of it. Its what really blew Hot Toys up.

Ok so I'm gonna be picking mine up tommorow but there is one thing I need to know:

What true type body does this figure come on?

^Standard TT. Back then that's all they used if the figure was fully clothed.

Yep. Standard.

He is greatly inhanced by being on a NarrowTT. Or you can sand down the shoulders on the Standard.

^^ How is he enhanced on the narrow?

Anyway, just received mine and first impressions is that the box is fantastic! I love the artwork. Figure look great even by today's standards although I'm looking at changing his suit.

Yep. Standard.

He is greatly inhanced by being on a NarrowTT. Or you can sand down the shoulders on the Standard.

i switched the br joker i had to a narrow tt and i felt the suit didnt quite fit right, so i switched it back. the shoulders on the original TT figure are about 2-3 mm wider than the narrow tt.

its probably a matter of taste for me the narrow tt didnt work.

Anyway, just received mine and first impressions is that the box is fantastic! I love the artwork. Figure look great even by today's standards although I'm looking at changing his suit.

I would switch out the first joker with a Narrow TT, it makes the shirt, jacket, and overcoat hang much more natural. The body it comes with made the jacket and overcoat bunch up too much, IMO. The BR Joker is fine with the body it comes with.

My new grail piece:
P2230152.jpg

P2230158.jpg

P2230156.jpg

With another grail:
P2230159.jpg

Last edited:

I just think his shoulders are too rounded on the Standard. They bulge past the shoulder seam.

Here''s mine on a Standard with the shoulders dremmeled down to Narrow proportions.

IMG_1439.jpg

Also, this:

Here's a comparison pic I made back when I changed my BR Joker from a regular to a narrow TT.

Unmasked = Regular TT/Masked = Narrow Shoulder TT
sbsl.jpg

The suit jacket sits and looks better around the shoulders with a narrow shoulder TT.

Thanks for that Maglor, I will definetly consider the swap.

Also, any tips for futzing the jacket and shirt?

Oh man, that's a big question. :lol

I'll give you one basic futzing tip that has come in handy for suit-coats more than once: Do the "water trick".

If you have wrinkles that need to be "ironed out":

1) Using your finger or a clean paint brush to wipe water on the part you want to futz. Distilled water is preferred as it's sure to leave no residue.

2) Mold/press/fold/futz the section that you want to fix into how you want it.

3) User a hair dryer to dry it in the new position.

Doing the water trick to get a nicely creased lapel is particularly handy. :)

Back