Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

The only real distinguishing feature of DX from other HT releases is the googly eyes. Mech Test Tony had a background like Bruce Lee. Getting 2 outfits or different headsculpts is nothing new. If they take the googly eyes away, they might as well not call things DX anymore. DX really wasn't much more innovative than regular HT releases apart from the eyes.

For example 300 Leonidas for me is a DX the only thing it is missing is the PERS and the same goes to HT Hellboy what do you think? :lecture

Same goes for the T2 figures really, or even the BD Iron Man

I have to agree here. the T2 figures are amazing! especilaly the T-100- which si practically a DX just w/o the foam inserts and fancy heavy box.

To me, DX just means a chosen character who's practically iconic in almost every way whose given just the bit more of goodies and special packaging along with PERS. to be honest, I think it's a given that we will get a PERS Superman. yes joker and batman have "googly" eyes (i don't think so but many do) but the Bruce Lee DX doesn't seem to have "googly" eyes. the only one that it stands out to me is on the MJ DX. I have no problem with how the eyes look on any of the other figures and I'm sure it's something HT is taking into consideration while making CR Superman. Sure maybe Reeve didn't do all those different looks with his eyes, but I just think it's a fun feature. Every time I go back home, I move the eyes on both my Joker and Bats, and I will do the same with superman IF he does come with PERS

Thats been legendary packaging to date. It was like LOTR EE DVD style.

just imagine of HT got the LOTR License!!! that is all I'd buy from them for awhile as that is where all my money would be going

I just call it googly eyes because you can move them all around :lol Sorry for the confusion, it wasn't meant as a negative.

I need a superman figure in my collection.
If it defiantely is christopher reeve version?

I've seen the marlon brando jor el so I'm guessing so.

Any news when this is coming or is it here already don't want to miss the boat on this and end up paying stupid money?

DX was created so they'd have an excuse to release another Batman and Joker from TDK. That's it. They added the eyes as a bonus feature to further differentiate between Joker V1, BR Joker and DX Joker. Otherwise ... they're not that much different than regular HT releases.

SnakeDoc

Soooooo... Does anybody have an idea when we'll get a look at this?

my money i STILL going to be on sometime AFTER December 15th, possibly even into January.

Soooooo... Does anybody have an idea when we'll get a look at this?

I'm guessing soon. Wonder if there new HT Magazine has a preview in it. Winter for HT is from November to February, so will see.:yess:

though.. i'l bet if you look around the offices of the guys in the photos with the interviews... you might see something.

though.. i'l bet if you look around the offices of the guys in the photos with the interviews... you might see something.

Thanks Saw MJ Smooth Criminal on Howard's Desk and a few other figures I'm not sure about. Never knew the Tumbler was that Big.:thud: Also on page 22 we have some posters which could be made into licenses, I know one which I want to go to the past for.

just imagine of HT got the LOTR License!!! that is all I'd buy from them for awhile as that is where all my money would be going

You'd get an overpriced Gandalf and Aragorn and with their license ADD added with the lousy sales, they'd quickly move on to something else. :huh

WHO IS THIS Hot Toys SUPERMAN!?! Come to me Hot Toys Superman IF YOU DARE! I DEFY YOU! Come, come and kneel before DIFABIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back