Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true. If he is a perfect likeness then you'll hear the same people complaining about the delay talking about how they were glad HT took their time. :lol

If it sucks....well then the internet might actually implode...

Well, that is hypocrisy, and we know that no one hear has ever seen a member on the SS Freaks forums display hypocritical behavior....right? :lol

:sarcasm over:

I agree, and just read my statement and post above, as that won't necessarily effect sales or the desire to have this figure, for many. No doubt about it, but the way of handling this, the business aspect of this, from a PR standpoint and promotion has been a complete failure.

Yes, but considering how sucktastic their CS is, I'm not surprised by this either.

BoJackson.gif

Bo Knows Reeve Superman?

I had the most vivid dream I've had in a long time last night...

Hot Toys released the official specs and pics, and the figure was perfect from the neck down, but the sculpt was a train wreck.

I just kept staring at the sculpt, and the longer I stared, the worse it got.

The best part is, I woke up and was felt an indescribable sense of relief.

I spend too much time on here.

I had the most vivid dream I've had in a long time last night...

Hot Toys released the official specs and pics, and the figure was perfect from the neck down, but the sculpt was a train wreck.

I just kept staring at the sculpt, and the longer I stared, the worse it got.

The best part is, I woke up and was felt an indescribable sense of relief.

I spend too much time on here.

:lol:cuckoo::rotfl:cuckoo::lol

So the teaser image for that appeared roughly a month ago and there's the figure!

Something's not going well with Supes and Indy.

I hope not to read the name Arnie Kim associated with another product any time soon.

Sweeney todd? Out of curiosity would you guys say there is a big market for sweeney todd? Supposedly canceled Watchmen line but sweeney todd? lol

Mayber there is a mass market of sweeney todd fans that I am not aware of.

Sweeney todd? Out of curiosity would you guys say there is a big market for sweeney todd? Supposedly canceled Watchmen line but sweeney todd? lol

I never saw the film and I never will

I would be really shocked if there was a big market for this figure

but thats just me

I think its appeal has more to do with Johnny Depp than the character itself. I personally don't have a desire to get the Sweeney Todd (or most other Depp figures), but I can see why other people might.

I think the lesson to be learned is against spending money on a line where there are multiple figs. If they cancel partway through then you feel cheated. Not only Watchmen, but the LOTR fans have been begging Sideshow to finish the Fellowship.

As for Sweeney being marketable... yeah. It's Depp. It will sell. It's a solid resemblance. Song Hye Hyun did the sculpt on this and I'm thinking maybe she(?) should take a shot at Superman and Indy. It's not like giving another artist the job would put them behind schedule. :impatient:

I don't even know anymore man. I mean, they canceled the Watchmen line without making a Rorschach (WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?) and now they keep postponing Superman over what? WHAT? Superman, arguably the most recognizable comic book character in the history of the world.

Such BS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back