Hot Toys Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you're not. You want your Stormtrooper Han, not this prison Harley. Why would you be happy for someone getting their $220 dolly fix when you could be getting what you want instead? You say "I'm happy for you" to a friend that's getting married or having a baby or an ex that found someone else, not for some that's getting a lame toy. :lol

No Han= more $$ in my pocket :lol and at least some people are getting what they want, so good for them. i'm also curious how the final product will look in hand.

I'm pretty laid back when it comes to these things :chillpill:

nqKsnKy.gif

How do you like it?

The first three releases of 2017 are all DC. I've got a bad feeling about this. If you're going to to hype it, hype it with the right facts. Make Affleck Bruce and Irons Alfred. This ******** makes you want to spend your money on other companies.

And even less from a friendly Hong Kong retailer.

Do HK retailers like KG Hobby get Hot Toys figures much earlier than UK retailers? Logically you'd assume they would when Secret Base is located in HK but i've never used this route and we'll you know what they about assumptions lol.

He was from KG Hobby.

Ah cool, thanks. I'll very likely get some of the JL figures from them.

Very tempted by the Poptoys Victorian Sherlock they have for sale now but not sure I trust that company enough without seeing in hand pics first.

Because this is so barebones (similar to AA Joker), Hot Toys could have included a deluxe flying-style stand that allowed her to hang in the silks for added poseability. Might be a good idea for one of the custom companies to look at offering.

Or at least a proper backdrop. Her prison cell. Not just some random graffiti wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or at least a proper backdrop. Her prison cell. Not just some random graffiti wall.

Yep, Bars on the back, maybe 16 to 18in high, bars on the top, and a long strip of white fabric - done. If possible, there could be the hint of bars coming down from the top on the remaining three sides - maybe an inch, but staggered lengths.

Yeah, for some licenses I'm sure that's the case. We'll never know which ones though because they don't disclose that stuff. They don't tell anyone anything anymore.

But that still doesn't change the fact that Hot Toys shows things that they either have no intention of putting out or something that takes an obscene amount of time to finally get into the hands of collectors. I highly doubt WB and DC sat on Hot Toys and said "you HAVE to show Romero Joker at your personal Hot Toys Batman show, but don't release him yet!!!" That's ridiculous, especially when other companies don't seem to be having the same problem.

If anything, Hot Toys takes on too many properties that they can't properly give time and effort to which would explain half assed releases from the older classic properties. If their obligations and interest is in the modern blockbuster, then they shouldn't glom up on things they can't handle. It's clear they run a pretty good business off of variant upon variant of only a handful of figures. They could survive on endless rotations of Iron Man, Darth Vader, Batman, and troopers till the end of time.

As they shouldn't tell anyone. Thats between them and the licensor. I cringed a little everytime they used to say "so and so held up approval". I was worried the companies could get upset about it. Prometheus was just about done, but they said they couldn't get approval. They had a Michael Jackson figure ready to go, and they couldn't get approval. Those are 2 at the top of my head, i know there are a few more. 99.9% of the time delays are about approvals and licensing. Some are easier to get done, some aren't. And even when its approved, the process of production is long and expensive. The world changes and things become more expensive. Its not easy.

Plus sometimes they don't feel its ready either, like say Wonder Woman for BvS. I rather have them spend the time on it than releasing it. And they do to, im sure.

They take on a lot yes, but they produce a lot too and i highly respect them for it. Current Marvel, DC, and Star Wars. they put out dozens every year and they have to continue to do so as the movies come out. to me, thats pretty remarkable to make all of them, and then do other things that aren't the blockbusters too. And 99.9% of them to me come out amazing. The older classics are niche properties, and they do their best to make some of them while trying to keep up with the current films.

for me when they show a figure but then it gets delayed, i just dont worry about it. I dont cry about it. I really dont even think about it. It is what it is. There are so many I want to begin with and i have a tough time deciding which to get because i can't afford everything. But thats not HTs problem. There are people who can't afford any, there are people who buy them all. Some buy a few, some buy several. Everyone has different collecting habits and personal finances. They give us everything and we all pick and choose what we can get. Some seem like they would sell their left arm to get a figure, and if they want to, go ahead. But HTs aren't only made for people who are 100% completists. There are very few who can even do that and some probably try who shouldn't because they can't afford it. But thats not HTs problem. They make the figures and collectors need to decide for themselves what to get. They aren't telling anyone to buy this that and this. And sometime i think collectors just get stuff because its new, and they dont even care about the figure or the movie. Some are buying the SSquad stuff and they didnt like the movie. But whatever, thats how they collect. I changed my collecting habits once they got Star Wars. things like that happen.
I really wanted all the BvS figures, but my priorities are Star Wars because thats my favorite of all time.

Back