Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if those figures bombed. Didn't the Prince of Persia figure go to giftcard?

Clash did almost $500 million worldwide
Prince did almost $400 million worldwide
The Spirit bombed but if I'm not mistaken the figures were shown before the movie opened and it had two big name actors.
Sucker Punch is at $66 million worldwide with no big name actors.

I don't think they will cancel it but I wouldn't be shocked. No chance of getting more than two figures.

Clash did almost $500 million worldwide
Prince did almost $400 million worldwide
The Spirit bombed but if I'm not mistaken the figures were shown before the movie opened and it had two big name actors.
Sucker Punch is at $66 million worldwide with no big name actors.

I don't think they will cancel it but I wouldn't be shocked. No chance of getting more than two figures.

wow only 66 million!....damn thats harsh

wow only 66 million!....damn thats harsh

What did it cost to make? 80? Ouch indeed.

Actually, this is not bad. SP was number one at the box office Internationally this past weekend, and gross so far are only two weeks worth of receipts.

Here are the numbers:

$10,708,984, 6,484 locations, 31 territories, $49,355,964, two weeks

Compare that to the second biggest International box office film "Battle: Los Angeles":

$10,072,455, 7,130 locations, 49 territories, $95,601,365, four weeks

That film is heading for $100M, but it's already been out over a month and is playing in more venues.

Marketing cost usually average 35-40% of the production budget.
So $82M plus another $32M puts it's total cost somewhere around $114M, give or take $5M.
As a rule of thumb, a movie needs to make about twice its' production cost globally to be profitable.
DVD/Blu-ray sales can sometimes make-up an additional 40-50%.

Regardless, this movie bombed both critically and financially and it's certain that the studio lost millions over it.

I hate how people measure a films worth strictly on box office, THEY will decide which big summer movie is best based on opening weekend only, that may not be the case for the global market (that big blank area outside of America's shore on the map) and dvd/blu sales Globally

I don't think anyone is arguing that. But BO sales may have a say in whether the figures will be made or not.

Still, HT has never canceled announced figures, so I have full confidence they're coming.

The BO will also effect the future of other movies WB might consider, like other movies with female leads, other more "out there" projects, etc, etc.

I do think that in the end, the movie will turn a profit, but only barely, thanks to things like DVD/Blu-Ray gross

I don't think anyone is arguing that. But BO sales may have a say in whether the figures will be made or not.

Still, HT has never canceled announced figures, so I have full confidence they're coming.

Oh yes they have! :lol

Off the top of my head, the Spirit was going the have a 4th figure before it turned out to be a flop and they said they were going to make Statham and Li from the Expendables. HT cancels figures all the time. For all we know, these and Avatar will be among them. Even CR Superman is becoming iffy.

Marketing cost usually average 35-40% of the production budget.
So $82M plus another $32M puts it's total cost somewhere around $114M, give or take $5M.
As a rule of thumb, a movie needs to make about twice its' production cost globally to be profitable.
DVD/Blu-ray sales can sometimes make-up an additional 40-50%.

Regardless, this movie bombed both critically and financially and it's certain that the studio lost millions over it.

In the end it was a very average to mediocre film with glossy packaging. I am not surprised. Also, the story does not have mainstream appeal. The fact it even got the money it did is because there are enough of us fanboys and horn dogs to bring it to that level of success. I doubt it reaches 100 million, and really, why do we even care or value it based on that? So many people value a movie and its merits by what it does in the box office. That's silly! If that is the new measuring stick of a good movie, then perhaps we should look at sports success differently. Lets not focus on a team's success by what their roster does on the playing field/ice/court, but what it takes in from fan attendance. That makes sense! :slap

Financial success maybe, but like a good winning product, a good movie should not have focus on its box office earnings, but the quality of the product itself.

Last edited:
Oh yes they have! :lol

Off the top of my head, the Spirit was going the have a 4th figure before it turned out to be a flop and they said they were going to make Statham and Li from the Expendables. HT cancels figures all the time. For all we know, these and Avatar will be among them. Even CR Superman is becoming iffy.

aww man dont say that...i want at least babydoll! =( :pray: :pray:

I don't understand how buying this figure will help you.

LOL NICE!!! LOVE IT! Btw Are we at 1,000 posts yet with no product photos? I didn't bother to look. I came in with a 2 percent hope that I would see something worthwhile, but yeah, that had 98 percent fat chance of happening. Yup, we're definitely clinically morbid obsessed freaks. Here's to 1,000 more posts of nothing. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back