Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're "wishlisting", I'll just add that I would prefer jointed arms/legs for all figures unless they make a really big technological leap in the rubber body technology. I don't care for the Sarah Connor body and it's stiff, rubber arms that can't hardly pose at all.

But definitely keep the rubber torso, 'cause I like belly buttons. :D

I want plastic... rubber breaks down quicker.

That and I don't need to know what the ass of 76 tends to do with a rubber body. hehe

yeah I got to go with sculpted hair too.....I have seen some dreadful Black Widows and Sarah Connors.

True, but the rubber torsos look better than the plastic ones when you need to show bare midriffs, IMO.

Plastic can be textured. Rubber will always have a weaker structural integrity.

But torsos aren't the dealbreaker that limbs are. I could live with it if they insisted on giving them soft bellies.

the bodies are def gonna have rubber torsos unless they are brand spanking new. i think babydoll will have rubber arms as well, and amber will have plastic (since her jacket covers em)

Have to say I wouldn't mind jointed arms on these figures. I have the Abby Whistler fig who looks great with the rubber arms, but the articulation is really crappy!
Can't even hold a decent bow-shooting pose.

Since the Sucker Punch guns wield multiple guns, swords and other weapons and did so in some awesome poses, I'm hoping they'll get jointed arms so we can recreate these poses.

As for the hair... I really don't mind sculpted hair if they find a way to make it realistic and flexible enough. Could be hard though, for a figure like Baby Doll or (hopefully) Sweat Pea.

I wouldn't mind plastic arms but I don't think I'd like plastic legs. I know DCD is out of it's league when it comes to HT but the way stockings/fishnets look on those with plastic legs and how, on some, the stockings get caught in the joints, I think rubber legs would be best, but that's just me.

EDIT: or maybe if HT could produce a body like this that could be posed in extreme positions. I don't know the history of this body so if it's already known to be a bad body, I apologize.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Tiger-Brother-1-6-Female-Body-Asian-TBLeague-Now-TB001B-/270718011753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f080d0969

^ I haven't heard much good about TBLs seamless female bodies. I'd be happy with as much rubber as they throw at us but would much prefer that the joints be exposed...

Even so, a seamless body would not be a deal breaker for me. Nothing would actually, I want these chicks on my shelf :)

bSa6S6

More wish-listing, but I'm hopeful if these figs get released that all the weapons/accessories will be there. Baby Doll, Sweet Pea, and Rocket have great weapons.

I hope they not only include Baby's signature nickel plated M1911A1 and katana, but also the MP7A1 w/supressor she used in the third dance/dream sequence. I also hope they include the little trinkets included with the pistol, and heck might as well include the box it all came in.

Sweet Pea needs both the M4A1 w/Reflex that was her primary weapon, but also the Remmington 870 for the fourth dance/dream.

Rocket's UMP-45 is a must of course, but dark horsing it would be Blondie as she had probably the most varied weapon selection. As much as I didn't care for her character or it's role in the story, she had some kick butt guns in her arsenal: the modified K3 that looked kind of like an M249, the MP5, the hatchet, as well as the browning .50 cal and M1919 (yeah that was on the bomber, but I can dream can't I?).

If you had to get one female figure wouldn't you guys prefer Mila Jovovich over Sucker Punch figures?

I'm not a Mila fan, I've never seen Resident Evil and I think the outfits on the Sucker Punch ladies kick ass.

So, uh, no way man.

If you had to get one female figure wouldn't you guys prefer Mila Jovovich over Sucker Punch figures?

I'm not a Mila fan, I've never seen Resident Evil and I think the outfits on the Sucker Punch ladies kick ass.

So, uh, no way man.

Even being a fan of the Resident Evil Movies, I still would prefer a figure of Babydoll or any of the Sucker Punch girls over Mila Jovovich

Why can't I have it all? :dunno

I'd certainly get an Alice figure, but HT has been dead silent on that figure too. Seems like it's further along though, so unless Milla is just being completely uncooperative, I'd expect we'd see the Alice figure long before the Sucker Punch ones. Hot Toys, prove me wrong! :impatient:

Oddly enough, I thought SP was a much better movie than RE: Afterlife. :dunno

I'm still trying to understand why SP is being panned. I keep going back to Scott Pilgrim and thinking, here is a similar movie that reaches out to a certain audience, has a quirky sense of fantasy, and yet gets much better reception. My only guess is that Scott Pilgrim is squarely a light-hearted "comic book" movie (an independent comic movie at that) and the critics are just being hipsters about the whole thing. Like, "oh Scott Pilgrim, isn't too serious, it's based off a comic book, so when it's silly, over-the-top, and ridiculous, despite the paper thin story I will like it and am entertained".

Whereas Sucker Punch takes some heavy heavy themes like child abuse, prostitution, treatment and attitudes towards women, how we treat the mentally ill, etc.. and mixed with all the fanboy stuff, it just doesn't click with anyone.

IMO I thought the Sucker Punch story was a lot more thoughtful and engaging than the Scott Pilgrim one. :dunno

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back