1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On team Turd here but also ...

tumblr_o587tsSSmt1rws5bbo1_500.gif

Maybe to you, but not as boring as your animated GIF.

Okay being more than a little naive here.
Just because you “started collecting in may” you should be paying the same prices everyone else did when they collected far earlier and pre ordered and somehow that’s other people’s fault?

Try reading my post. I didn't say anything about what I should pay - wasn't talking about myself at all. I just refuted the other guy's idea that it's okay for retailers to raise the price based on supply and demand. (Not talking about scalpers). The retail price is primarily determined by the wholesale price. That's how retail works. The secondary market is completely different. A scalper can ask what he likes. Scalpers take stock from retailers so they raise the price for everybody.

And you bought the mark 46 from a “retailer” for £450!?! [emoji23]
Pretty telling your new to collecting

You've lost me there mate. I bought the figure sealed in the shipper from a shop with doors and windows. They had other figures and collectibles, comics, posters, art you name it. It wasn't a "retailer". It was a retailer.

£400-450 is a great price for a sealed-in-shipper MK46. That's what it was on the highstreet. It's twice that on ebay. If you can get a sealed one for less please post the link.

And I didn't say I was new to collecting I said I was new to collecting Hot Toys. Thanks for your forum welcome.

Try reading my post. I didn't say anything about what I should pay - wasn't talking about myself at all. I just refuted the other guy's idea that it's okay for retailers to raise the price based on supply and demand. (Not talking about scalpers). The retail price is primarily determined by the wholesale price. That's how retail works. The secondary market is completely different. A scalper can ask what he likes. Scalpers take stock from retailers so they raise the price for everybody.

You've lost me there mate. I bought the figure sealed in the shipper from a shop with doors and windows. They had other figures and collectibles, comics, posters, art you name it. It wasn't a "retailer". It was a retailer.

£400-450 is a great price for a sealed-in-shipper MK46. That's what it was on the highstreet. It's twice that on ebay. If you can get a sealed one for less please post the link.

And I didn't say I was new to collecting I said I was new to collecting Hot Toys. Thanks for your forum welcome.

So basically you believe in communism?
Also the retail against wholesale price doesn’t work here as it’s normally twice the wholesale price which hot toys have acknowledged they can’t accommodate as the expense is already high-it’s a niche market and that’s why they produce in “small”runs.
So your happy with paying £450 for a hot toys Ironman because you bought it from somewhere that has doors and windows?
Your easily pleased aren’t you?
I think ul find almost every building in the world has these features?
My mark 46 cost me £295 retail
[emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe to you, but not as boring as your animated GIF.

You’re saying your petty, never-ending argument is more interesting than one of the most memorable scenes from Star Wars? Maybe you shouldn’t hang in this part of the forum if that’s truly the case, don’t think anyone would miss you.

I am yeah. That's how the world works outside of your mind.

I don't really want to step into this argument, mainly because I don't care... But I gotta say, that's EXACTLY how it works in the real world: demand effects price directly. It's called "Supply and Demand", and it's what capitalism is built on. Doesn't make it right, but it makes it true.

Sounds like all that's needed 'round here is a Prius for Dirty Bike and the boys.:dunno:lol

KyXewkU.gif

For those Trooper experts,
Which version do you think the 1/4 scale Trooper will be?

3fcb0f48f2b5eae135e298632d72e06e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am yeah. That's how the world works outside of your mind. If you want to drop your pants and be shafted by a scalper that's up to you, but not me.

Friendly advice: If you are out patrolling the malls this holiday season, look out for the guy on the right...he will mark up your Earth, Wind & Fire tickets without blinking an eye!
8e382d3aeec0c0864fd5fb0ca429d3f1.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

So basically you believe in communism?
Also the retail against wholesale price doesn’t work here as it’s normally twice the wholesale price which hot toys have acknowledged they can’t accommodate as the expense is already high-it’s a niche market and that’s why they produce in “small”runs.

We've gone a long way from the original reason I posted which was to dispute the claim made another poster that you can't expect to be able to buy something at a 'retail price' after it's known to be popular on the collector's market. It's not about about 'believing in communism', it about just accepting some crap from a person who thinks he can take the p*ss just because you want something. Such behaviour is illegal generally in primary markets and it's not hard to see why.

But I've seen it a million times, some people will just cave in to any amount of BS believing it's the way of the world. It isn't, it's just people behaving shabbily. Don't accept it - kick back - that's my view.

So your happy with paying £450 for a hot toys Ironman because you bought it from somewhere that has doors and windows?
Your easily pleased aren’t you?
I think ul find almost every building in the world has these features?
My mark 46 cost me £295 retail
[emoji122]

The comedian I was replying to put the word retailer in inverted commas, suggesting I was so gullible I didn't realise the person I bought from wasn't actually a retailer but was a scalper. (Well he didn't actually use inverted commas, he used speech marks - but he meant to use inverted commas. :))

It doesn't really matter whether I was happy to pay £450 or not. That is the best price I could find for one in a sealed shipper. Yeah, you paid £295 - but did you buy it a month ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You’re saying your petty, never-ending argument is more interesting than one of the most memorable scenes from Star Wars? Maybe you shouldn’t hang in this part of the forum if that’s truly the case, don’t think anyone would miss you.

Thanks for your forum welcome.

I'll post where I want. And don't worry, you'll learn to love me.

Friendly advice: If you are out patrolling the malls this holiday season, look out for the guy on the right...he will mark up your Earth, Wind & Fire tickets without blinking an eye!
8e382d3aeec0c0864fd5fb0ca429d3f1.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

If you want to insult me you need to use a cultural reference that I can understand. I'm English, generation X. Same goes for the guy who posted the Will Ferrel gif.

Otherwise just use words.

I don't really want to step into this argument, mainly because I don't care... But I gotta say, that's EXACTLY how it works in the real world: demand effects price directly. It's called "Supply and Demand", and it's what capitalism is built on. Doesn't make it right, but it makes it true.

It isn't but I genuinely don't want to take this any more off topic. This is a thread about Stormtroopers. Let's talk about Stormtroopers. :)

I don't think anyone has mentioned a potential Hot Toys TIE fighter pilot. It's just as iconic (if not more) as the Scout trooper. I ended up selling my SS one. It was just so out of place. From the sparkly buckle, the super thin waist, cheap soft sculpted helmet and plastic boots..it belonged in 2008. Even though I like the Scout trooper more; we seriously need a HT upgrade of this guy.

Back