1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong but I don't think they were actually selling at that price.

Once they are out of stock, their system starts lowering the prices for some reason.

Zing had the Hot Toys 2015 Marty McFly at the start of the year for $329 at my local store and online, I was going to get it but waited too long and they all sold out (big regret as the aftermarket prices are crazy).

The site still showed it as out of stock but was now at $289.

Today it is still an out of stock item on the site but at $199 :dunno

Probably a type of clickbait method.

Search engines pick up the price, you go to the site, see it's sold out but maybe find something else to buy.

954a9981ef59b969306c09df60fac9d8.jpg

OFF TOPIC! Anyone remember this guy from Emlire? When do you think HT will release their super special edition of this ESB Stormtrooper for $899?

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

954a9981ef59b969306c09df60fac9d8.jpg

OFF TOPIC! Anyone remember this guy from Emlire? When do you think HT will release their super special edition of this ESB Stormtrooper for $899?

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

I prefer Mr. No Stripes instead with gaffer tape on armor. :p But better than both of them would be the other 2 Sandtroopers

Mr. No Stripes Stormtrooper.jpg

Haha yes! That would be nice, or maybe a twin pack with both hickups? Would sell amazingly!

Anyway, those sandtroopers been stuck on tatooine, aka Howard's mancave, for a while now. The squad leader is in need of a few grunts to command in the sand.

Are the stripes meant to suggest vents of sorts or are they specifically stated to be just markings?

Are the stripes meant to suggest vents of sorts or are they specifically stated to be just markings?

I don't know what the original designer's intent was. Prior to the Disney acquisition there was some EU fiction that referred to them as rank stripes, but by the time of the Rogue One re-design they're physical vents.

Not a bad figure, although this would be one of the first ones to go if I were to cull a few figures. Only because I've got the ANH version as well. I put this guy on an Endor Leia stand and used the deluxe backdrop on the ANH trooper. Makes more sense that way.

Hate the shape of the bucket on this. Had two & sold them almost immediately once I had them in hand

Not a bad figure, although this would be one of the first ones to go if I were to cull a few figures. Only because I've got the ANH version as well. I put this guy on an Endor Leia stand and used the deluxe backdrop on the ANH trooper. Makes more sense that way.
I can understand that. I won't be using the deluxe backdrop with this one either.

I get the issues with this figure, but I actually prefer this look over the RO styled Stormtrooper.

I can understand that. I won't be using the deluxe backdrop with this one either.

I get the issues with this figure, but I actually prefer this look over the RO styled Stormtrooper.
All about personal preference. The bucket shape is completely different to the other versions hot toys have done also I found the eyes greener than I associated with them.
But it’s all about how u feel in your head they should look 👍 glad you got to get one!

It's waaaay better than the RO stormtroopers. I bought three of the standard version to go with my scout troopers and I wish I had bought more. I think I got them for less than $200 each. Congrats!

Hope we see the ESB stormtrooper soon but I'm not optimistic.

I also like how thin the body is and how the armor fits over it. Lucas must have used a bunch of 6' tall 130 lb English Men back in 76'.

However, I prefer the lid on the original Stormie.

Back