1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other great thing about ROTJ stormies is when they confiscate your blaster, you actually get a choice of TWO when you get it back.:dunno:lol

VuWFUh9.jpg

Yeah I am spread too thin but there are so many movies I love. :gah:

Imagine a Stormtrooper being in the same room with a Terminator, Batmobile, Godzilla, Jason Voorhees, Punisher, Alien, Superman, Predator, Rocky, Lightsaber, Shogun Warrior, Indy, Robocop, Y-Wing, The Shape, Helmets and Conan and you see my self imposed dilema lol

But hey at least I finally found something useful to do with my 6 inch FO trooper binoculars lol

There is no casket big enough to fit all my stuff so eventually my wife and son will either break, sell, lose, give away or throw away all my stuff.

Maybe the looters will just take my stuff.

sigh

But congrats in being dedicated towards a single focus it definitely comes with its own rewards.

Yeah, I love most of those franchises too, but fortunately I only have the desire to collect the one franchise.:yess: Why that is, I have no idea.:lol

I have had a few bits and pieces in the past - an alien queen and terminator 6" figure, plus some GB and TMNT figures, but that's probably 20 years ago and I long since got rid of them (other than a single GB Venkman - my only non-SW/Indy 1/6 fig today.) Weird those didn't grow while SW went supernova.

Every few months I come back here hoping this ROTJ Stormie helmet has magically changed or someone has finally made a great ROTJ custom helmet, but alas, it is not to be.

For some reason, this figure in particular, still irritates me so long after release, and I don't even own the damn thing. I'm still bothered that HT would go out of it's way to make all new body armor in the ROTJ style, and then basically create a new helmet with their eyes closed. It's like they asked the new intern if he wouldn't mind sculpting a Stormtrooper helmet. I was shocked and really excited when they announced they were doing a ROTJ trooper, but even they seemed to recognize this isn't a ROTJ trooper when the changed the name to a generic "Deluxe Stormtrooper".

TLDR: bla bla bla, b*tch b*tch b*tch

Every few months I come back here hoping this ROTJ Stormie helmet has magically changed or someone has finally made a great ROTJ custom helmet, but alas, it is not to be.

For some reason, this figure in particular, still irritates me so long after release, and I don't even own the damn thing. I'm still bothered that HT would go out of it's way to make all new body armor in the ROTJ style, and then basically create a new helmet with their eyes closed. It's like they asked the new intern if he wouldn't mind sculpting a Stormtrooper helmet. I was shocked and really excited when they announced they were doing a ROTJ trooper, but even they seemed to recognize this isn't a ROTJ trooper when the changed the name to a generic "Deluxe Stormtrooper".

TLDR: bla bla bla, b*tch b*tch b*tch

OCD son of a *****.:monkey3:lol

The weirdest thing is that HT simply reversed (pretty much exactly, as seen below) the biggest inaccuracy on their ANH helmet rather than fixed it. The prop helmet's chin and nose ridges are roughly 1:1 but HT decided to make them 1:1.5 on the first try, then reverse that to 1.5:1 on the second - taking the overall effect from a bulbous chin on ANH to a bulbous nose on ROTJ, or simply put, mouth too high to mouth too low.

gSPbAEr.png

Yet they go to the trouble of taking the OCD microscope to the ROTJ chest and shoulder armor. :dunno

OCD son of a *****.:monkey3:lol

The weirdest thing is that HT simply reversed (pretty much exactly, as seen below) the biggest inaccuracy on their ANH helmet rather than fixed it. The prop helmet's chin and nose ridges are roughly 1:1 but HT decided to make them 1:1.5 on the first try, then reverse that to 1.5:1 on the second - taking the overall effect from a bulbous chin on ANH to a bulbous nose on ROTJ, or simply put, mouth too high to mouth too low.

gSPbAEr.png

Yet they go to the trouble of taking the OCD microscope to the ROTJ chest and shoulder armor. :dunno

You never go mouth to a.... oh wait, I'm in the wrong thread...

You never go mouth to a.... oh wait, I'm in the wrong thread...

I'm surprised Rey never got to do a Spiderman-style upside kiss because, you know - if it works wonders for a Mary Jane, imagine what it would do for a Mary Sue.:lol*

*("tasteful" redirect from Clerks 2 reference...)

I'm surprised Rey never got to do a Spiderman-style upside kiss because, you know - if it works wonders for a Mary Jane, imagine what it would do for a Mary Sue.:lol*

*("tasteful" redirect from Clerks 2 reference...)
But who gets the kiss?

Screenshot_20200911-145813_Chrome.jpg

For those in Australia....Blink and you miss it!!!
Such an insane price.
Up there with the Imperial Gunner almost,who was selling for 79$ AUD back a few yrs..

View attachment 495100

For those in Australia....Blink and you miss it!!!
Such an insane price.
Up there with the Imperial Gunner almost,who was selling for 79$ AUD back a few yrs..

Funny - I actually passed on it at that price. Had it in the cart and everything, decided no.

That... damn... helmet...:lol

Also, this was not the DX version with the backdrop, just the figure.

I could be wrong but I don't think they were actually selling at that price.

Once they are out of stock, their system starts lowering the prices for some reason.

Zing had the Hot Toys 2015 Marty McFly at the start of the year for $329 at my local store and online, I was going to get it but waited too long and they all sold out (big regret as the aftermarket prices are crazy).

The site still showed it as out of stock but was now at $289.

Today it is still an out of stock item on the site but at $199 :dunno

Dunno - I took it right through to payment screen before opting not to pull the trigger and it seemed to be in-stock, but Zing does appear to be getting out of 1/6 generally so who knows - it is a somewhat weird site.

I would also warn people that I've gotten some good deals at Zing but these later "close-out" type prices are often returned or in-store display items. I got a black Imperial R5 and it came in the brown shipper box (with sharpie scribble over it) with no product box. Fig was fine, but it was a bit of box of junk to open up.

Back