1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, mine was beat to heck too, but the box did it’s job and the figure is fine. And the box is still usable for storing or transporting the figure safely, which is really the only reason I save them. Can’t say I’ll order from sideshow again, though. For the price of the figure and the price they charge for shipping, there’s really no excuse for this.

n89tr5L.jpg

Z4z67lS.jpg

tds6WS9.jpg

Thankfully the figure is perfectly fine. And he’s awesome! Big upgrade from my only other 1/6 Trooper (the SS deluxe desert sands sandtrooper). I know this is technically ROTJ style, but he’s gonna be my ESB stand-in stormie. The differences at this scale are subtle enough that they don’t bother me. Oh, and my nameplate is correct.

JJvFISq.jpg

XorntWZ.jpg

rUmbYbF.jpg

w1hyzyF.jpg

I have one minor qc issue. Not sure if I’ll contact sideshow or not. The scope on the gun has a messed up spot. It kinda looks like if you just ripped a model kit off the sprue without cutting or sanding it properly. Not really sure what’s going on with it but its pretty tiny in person and could easily be chocked up to “weathering” or normal “wear and tear” from being in the military. I dunno, what do you guys think? Should I bother contacting customer service?

N2oVUPE.jpg

Y16jfoK.jpg

I think that’s up to personal preference- it does look like wear and tear from being a stormtrooper but also could be a quality control issue. But good luck on SSC customer service, I’m still waiting for them to address an issue I had with my Maul I got last Tuesday.

I really like this figure despite the fact the helmet doesn't look all that much like a ROTJ stormie helmet. It's a better sculpt overall than the HT ANH version, but still looks a bit off.

I have one minor qc issue. Not sure if I’ll contact sideshow or not. The scope on the gun has a messed up spot. It kinda looks like if you just ripped a model kit off the sprue without cutting or sanding it properly. Not really sure what’s going on with it but its pretty tiny in person and could easily be chocked up to “weathering” or normal “wear and tear” from being in the military. I dunno, what do you guys think? Should I bother contacting customer service?

View attachment 463698

View attachment 463699

I own and have handled many genuine M38 and M40 Sherman tank scopes used for ANH E-11 (ROTJ uses a mixed scope) and quite a few had dings and warts on them due to being used in war. So you can leave it as is, and say it is battle damage

I dunno, what do you guys think? Should I bother contacting customer service?

Only you can say how much it bothers you. That minimal fault/damage would've bothered me when I first started out and "MIB" was important to me. But it wouldn't bother me now.

One way to look at it is if you're after a low-risk 'project' to practice your hobby skills on then it's an easy fix.

Got mine today from HK. Wonderful figure, decent representation of the ROTJ trooper and a great companion for the ANH trooper. Really like the subtle weathering and the base is great too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The weathering looks to be a nice variation from the ANH version. Looking forward to pairing these with the scouts and speeders.

The weathering looks to be a nice variation from the ANH version. Looking forward to pairing these with the scouts and speeders.

I’d like to pair with the speeder bike too. You going with two? Waiting to see if they’re available at a good price when they finally hit all the US stores. At most I’d like to pay retail/free shipping.

Can anyone recommend a replacement body for a SSC Stormie? Now that I finally have a HT Stormie the SSC doesn't look so hot :(

I’d like to pair with the speeder bike too. You going with two? Waiting to see if they’re available at a good price when they finally hit all the US stores. At most I’d like to pay retail/free shipping.

I bought three from Timewalker. Got a slight discount off retail and free shipping. If Wicket and Leia ever release I'm looking forward to a really great Endor setup with Luke and the troopers/speeders.

Can anyone recommend a replacement body for a SSC Stormie? Now that I finally have a HT Stormie the SSC doesn't look so hot :(

The body isn't really the issue, it's the odd sculpt of most (if not all) of the armor. I have two of the old SSC troopers (sold off all the sandies), and the only way to make them look more or less decent was to get HT torso and crotch armor...
I remember a lot of people heated up the SSC armor to bend it into shape, but that never quite worked for me.

Yeah, I did that to my SS sandtrooper pretty much the instant I opened him. The chest armor on the old sideshow troops was way too flat. It didn’t curve around the body nearly as much as it should. But if you heated it up real good with a hair dryer you could bend it around the torso and hold it while it cooled off. Made a WORLD of difference. Heck, I was looking at my old SS sandy side by side with this new HT stormie last night. While the HT is obviously superior, I couldn’t help but appreciate how the sandtrooper still holds up pretty well. I wasn’t sure if I’d hang on to him once I got this new one from HT but for now I’m inclined to keep both.

They still fetch decent money on eBay I think. Maybe you could sell and upgrade.

I bought three from Timewalker. Got a slight discount off retail and free shipping. If Wicket and Leia ever release I'm looking forward to a really great Endor setup with Luke and the troopers/speeders.

Nice, I’m all in on anything Endor so far. Thinking maybe two but I missed out on the Timewalker stock and AE doesn’t have free shipping on this one.

Hopefully they put out a ton but this figure’s release has been weird so far so who knows. Hard to say if it’ll be limited like the Rogue Ones were.

The weird shaped helmet, and the tiny cod piece are the most glaring issues with the SSC Stormtroopers. Get a HT instead, or a Marmit.

Back