Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at that announcement, they do seem to associate the potential Star Wars comment with the talk about next year's big announcements:

"In 2011, we will have even more breathtaking, overwhelming and unexpected licenses to be announced! Stay tuned!

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US!!!"

Meaning, it is very possible that they won't make this announcement, whatever it is, at their fair. But rather at some point in the next year. That could account for why they didn't spend more effort promoting the Star Wars acquirement in lieu of Indy.
QUOTE]

:goodpost:

They most likely cannot make an official announcement yet.

I think it is most likely a much expanded collaboration between SS and HT. I don't think SS would give up the license without a major fight, the Star Wars license is probably responsible for the majority of their profits.

As I have stated many times, I would love HT to tackle the unusual bodies, like Chewbacca and droids, and the main characters, given their talents at sculpting and painting. At the same time I would like SS to continue to produce Aliens and Clones, which are their strong points.

Besides, we are all well aware that SS has many products slated for 2011; Dewback, IG-88 and other bounty Hunters, and I recall the mention of a Tusken Raider as well. If the license was going away, I don't think they would bother to develop any new product, though it would help to explain the second Gammorean Guard, being that it was a quick and easy release for them.

If its just "more of the same" then why shout "THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US" in the context of "new" licenses they'll soon be announcing? They didn't do that when collaborating on the Star Wars clones, why start now?

When they teased the spoon they also teased a Batman symbol and Michael Jackson's Beat It shirt. Only the spoon was guessed incorrectly (and likely only by Western users.) The fact that some people guessed wrong once out of three teases doesn't exactly make Hot Toys' hints indecipherable.

In the interest of not getting my hopes disappointed I'm going to remain as skeptical as possible, but the evidence certainly points to them having acquired the SW 1/6 scale license to some degree (that is, a higher degree than simple collaboration on another base body.)

Looking back at that announcement, they do seem to associate the potential Star Wars comment with the talk about next year's big announcements:

"In 2011, we will have even more breathtaking, overwhelming and unexpected licenses to be announced! Stay tuned!

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US!!!"

Meaning, it is very possible that they won't make this announcement, whatever it is, at their fair. But rather at some point in the next year. That could account for why they didn't spend more effort promoting the Star Wars acquirement in lieu of Indy.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

As much as HT would make amazing SW figures, I really hope it just means they are really involved in Sideshow's development. Like work on IG 88, General Grievous, Chewie, Dewbacks, Landspeeders, etc etc. I just don't see Sideshow giving up this last 1:6 line that is still going strong for them.

And I still think DX Indy is the one and only Indy figure we'll get from HT. I doubt that is a fulll Indy line, especially when SS has said they are working on Shorty and more ToD figures. So I'm hoping HT doesn't have a SW line planned.

So if Hot Toys is making SW figures, does that mean SSC lost the license? I can't imagine what the price for these will be, it's bad enough that SSC was raising their prices, $119 for a Gammorean Guard? The only plus I see is maybe the armored figure will look better like Jango & Boba Fett.

Bottom line is this kids.

No matter what the outcome of the announcement. Collaborative, full on 1/6, vehicles, etc. etc. (i don't think chubbies or ____ like that they would make a big deal of) It's good news.

(And if you don't see or agree the HT being involved more in SW in any way is a good idea, i can't and nobody can help you!)

Me personally? i'm super excited, Even if it's just collaborative. (cause that means MORE HT involvement.) Personally i would love to see the death of the SS line and full on HT 1/6 SW figs but that's me.

And if it's just Chubbies ___ you HT :)

Last edited:
How about this:

If the announcement is Star Wars related, perhaps Hot Toys will be releasing DX versions of only the most iconic core characters that Sideshow has already released.

(Take the example with the DX Indy announcement; Sideshow released a ROTLA Indy already and now HT is doing a DX version - and I believe it's the only Indy figure we'll get from HT - now broaden this concept to the Star Wars line)

Technically SS can't "revisit" their exclusive sold out editions - though they have stated they would like to in some way.

If HT releases DX versions of previous SS releases such as ROTS Anakin, ANH Han or Jedi Luke, there's a new option for those who want something more, SS keeps fans from complaining they are "re-hashing" past releases instead of releasing new figures, and both lines can co-exist satisfying fans of both camps; those who like what they have and those who want something new.

Plus Hot Toys can now tackle the more complex figures like Chewbacca and the droids, while Sideshow continues with their standard releases as usual.

Hot Toys gets a crack and keeps their line small as usual, Sideshow keeps the license and releases new figures, and fans have a choice. No one steps on anyone's toes.

Consider it the Ultimate Unison.

Too Idealistic?

How about this:

If the announcement is Star Wars related, perhaps Hot Toys will be releasing DX versions of only the most iconic core characters that Sideshow has already released.

(Taking the example with the DX Indy announcement; Sideshow released a ROTLA Indy already and now HT is doing a DX version - and I believe it's the only Indy figure we'll get from HT)

Technically SS can't "revisit" their exclusive sold out editions - though they have stated they would like to in some way.

If HT releases DX versions of previous SS releases such as ROTS Anakin, ANH Han or Jedi Luke, there's a new option for those who want something more, SS keeps fans from complaining they are "re-hashing" past releases instead of releasing new figures, and both lines can co-exist satisfying fans of both camps; those who like what they have and those who want something new.

Plus Hot Toys can now tackle the more complex figures like Chewbacca and the droids, while Sideshow continues with their standard releases as usual.

Hot Toys gets a crack and keeps their line small as usual, Sideshow keeps the license and releases new figures, and fans have a choice. No one steps on anyone's toes.

Too Idealistic?

That's probably whats going to happen IMO.

That's probably whats going to happen IMO.

And I think a lot of people could dig that. I know I would.

No one would feel like they have to ditch one line for the other, start everything over or be forced to pay higher prices - which already have people complaining with every new release.

I have no problem ditching SS but that's not the issue. I would "dig" that as well. HT getting more involved is a great thing. No matter what though, this more than likely spells doom for a lot of our wallets. :)

Me personally? i'm super excited, Even if it's just collaborative. (cause that means MORE HT involvement.) Personally i would love to see the death of the SS line and full on HT 1/6 SW figs but that's me.

ah oscorp isnt this meant to be sidefreaks not sideshow haters? but to each their own

How about this:

(Take the example with the DX Indy announcement; Sideshow released a ROTLA Indy already and now HT is doing a DX version - and I believe it's the only Indy figure we'll get from HT - now broaden this concept to the Star Wars line)

Too Idealistic?

would be nice- :rotfl

ah oscorp isnt this meant to be sidefreaks not sideshow haters? but to each their own

I've said the same before. If I disliked something so much I wouldn't spend time nor money on it. Even if the subject matter was something I liked. There has to be someplace where the same feelings are felt I'd go there. That's just me though.

Hello

I just hope that HT will work together with Sideshow, and develop new products together.
If HT develops a new line to compete against Sideshow, I wouldn't be interested because of the price of HT. I just hope that Sideshow will go on the StarWar 1/6 line, as I love it very much !

i think a more collaborative effort from HT to SSC would be the ideal situation.
for our wallets sake and the sake of rehashes...other that that,i can see HT doing a Tarkin,Dooku etc etc...imagine the headsculpts of those characters done from a HT POV.....!!!!

No matter what the outcome of the announcement. Collaborative, full on 1/6, vehicles, etc. etc. (i don't think chubbies or ____ like that they would make a big deal of) It's good news.

Posting the Indy teaser is a big deal, not some throw away line like the force is strong with us. I refuse to get hyped up about this until I see a proper teaser picture

If I was to take a wild guess what it is, I would think the best people can hope for is a VGM Starkiller (So I guess that's good news)

And if it is, bravo HT.

:lol And in a way it would serve some people right who got carried away by one sentence and then felt the need to be rather insulting to Sideshow and the people who enjoy collecting their figures

If HT is going to do a 1/6 line, I think that the DX line would be best. For Luke it would be the ANH with the farmboy and X-Wing outfit, like the old Hasbro 100th figure one.
Then Han, Leia, Ben, Chewy, R2, 3PO in DX as well. The DX Vader should be the ESB/ROTJ with full detail reveal helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back