Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saying that when they release a new version of the same figure they tend to add more display options anyway. So it would look different on the shelf as a new release if you wanted it to.

:lol That's pretty weak. That's like me saying, "Well, you can take the Jedi robe off, or swap the hilt for the lit saber beam and he's an all new figure!" Most of us who've been collecting HT since the Marines and their military figures have seen it enough, time and again, to know how to call it. ;)

HT follows the "make what sells the most" formula. If the twelth Joker variant will sell better than a single Commissioner Gordon then they'll release another Joker. Don't be surprised if HT makes 4 different versions of Darth Maul.

:lol That's pretty weak. That's like me saying, "Well, you can take the Jedi robe off, or swap the hilt for the lit saber beam and he's an all new figure!" Most of us who've been collecting HT since the Marines and their military figures have seen it enough, time and again, to know how to call it. ;)

I've only been collecting 1/6th for about a year so i may not have the complete experience, but with the batman releases the figures do look different enough that they could have been a different release with out including the original look is my point. So they are just giving you options. It is what it is companies will always be looking for more money

No they don't. SSC, to date, hasn't remade a single figure. They put out different versions, and variants, but not like HT who release a figure and then release the same with googly eyes, a light-up stand and pretty box and label it as a DX. Do your homework. ;)

:lecture :lecture.

Love all the spinning we're seeing saying SS does the same thing. :lol

My perfect suggestion for a HT/SSC collaboration is for SSC to let HT work on all the hard stuff like droids, Chewie, etc. Thats all been said countless times before.

In addition to that, if HT wants to tackle Luke, Han, Leia, etc I would love for SSC to say, "take everything and anything related to Hoth, its all yours". That way a whole scene of Luke, Han, Leia, Rebel soldiers, AT-AT driver, Snowtroopers, and AT-AT commander all have a consistancy. They can also do the Tauntauns and Wampa and anything else from that scene that tickles their fancy...

attachment.php

Oh. My. GOD!

LOOK HOW INACCURATE THAT BOBA FETT IS. HIS KNEE PADS ARE UPSIDE DOWN.

THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THIS,

child_boba_fett_deluxe.jpg

(sorry photoshop is on the fritz)

LFL better fix this before that thing is released or I'm petitioning.

Thing is, we really have no idea what's coming. HT Star Wars may simply be an addition to Sideshow's line to get more complex figures out sooner and get more sooner with two companies rolling out figures. Doesn't seem worth fretting over the news until we get the full details.

This may just be a means of getting Chewie and Grievous and characters like that and not HT doing it's own line going back to the core characters with redos.

Can I ask what a HT fanboy is exactly? I keep seeing it in this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back