1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't order this. The sculpt looks so wrong, they really need to fix it.

I'm going to order Kylo for sure, but I'll wait to see the final product for Rey - if there's no changes I'll just track down the Last Jedi version or something.

100% agree with your sentiments. I love both TFA and TLJ, and I don't get when people say TROS ignores TLJ. I watched all 3 of them yesterday and I think it flows pretty well. Kylo and Rey's stories feel consistent to me. Also having read the in between canon books and comics, I feel like I have a really clear picture of the ST. I'm really happy with it and I think TROS cracks my top 3 for fave SW films.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought they flowed together pretty well too, at least as far as the main arc involving Rey and Kylo goes. Palpatine suddenly returning out of nowhere was a bit jarring, but the idea of him pulling all the strings the entire time doesn't seem that implausible and fits with what we already saw him do before.

Thought Daisy stepped it up a notch for TROS. There were still some wooden delivery of her lines in TFA (which I'll give a pass considering it was her first outing) and TLJ but she always knocks it out in more emotional scenes. Seemed like whenever she was on screen with Kylo the movie got a kick.

That being said I think I've 180'd and made up my mind to PO this. I'll wait for...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Liked Rey and her costume in the movie. But this proto fails in both aspects. Curious to see final product. No more preordering with Hot Toys.

Well the Last Jedi sculpt is awful and I have and enjoy that figure still. I just want all of the Rey's.

With how long it is until release they can surely tweak. But it looks fine to me in JC Hong's video.

Well the Last Jedi sculpt is awful and I have and enjoy that figure still. I just want all of the Rey's.

With how long it is until release they can surely tweak. But it looks fine to me in JC Hong's video.

There are a great many Hot Toys sculpts that look great only from certain angles.
I have built a small display stand for my car dashboard that holds one Hot Toys head and usually have one on display all the time. Although the headsculpt itself varies depending on my mood.
I have found that almost all the heads where people have said it looks nothing like the character can all look better depending on lighting.
The ANH Han and Luke, TLJ Rey, ANH Ben Kenobi, all look spot on when you have real daylight shining on them at all different angles with some nice shadows. I think it’s always in the eye of the beholder.

It's almost impossible to Hot Toys doesn't add all these key accessories.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also remember that the TFA version of Rey was solicited without Luke's saber, but included in the final release, due to the secretive nature of it.

So it's not at all unreasonable to assume that could very well be the case again with certain accessories.

There are a great many Hot Toys sculpts that look great only from certain angles.
I have built a small display stand for my car dashboard that holds one Hot Toys head and usually have one on display all the time. Although the headsculpt itself varies depending on my mood.
I have found that almost all the heads where people have said it looks nothing like the character can all look better depending on lighting.
The ANH Han and Luke, TLJ Rey, ANH Ben Kenobi, all look spot on when you have real daylight shining on them at all different angles with some nice shadows. I think it’s always in the eye of the beholder.

So, you've got little miniature heads on your dashboard? How does that work out if you're stopped by the police? An interesting conversation, I assume...

I also hope HT steps up and adds some more accessories for this version of Rey

Spoiler Spoiler:

It would be welcome to see the portrait tuned up a bit too.

Last edited:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep. I will only buy Rey if those extra items are included. :lecture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I forgot about the 2021 release. Christ.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that I?ve seen the movie, time to put in POs.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Agree on these. However one thing that bugged me ..
Spoiler Spoiler:

Agree on these. However one thing that bugged me ..
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Was the extra accessory at the end a double or single? In some shots the length looked like it was a double...

Back