1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically par the course for every figure thread.

Whine about wanting a figure.

Whine about wanting the figure put up for PO

Whine when other figures get put up for PO

Whine when the PO is up but release date is 15 months out

Whine during the wait

Whine about the delay

Whine about slow shipping

Whine about SSC shipment order

Whine about a little imperfection that makes it only 99% screen accurate

Typically par the course for every figure thread.

Whine about wanting a figure.

Whine about wanting the figure put up for PO

Whine when other figures get put up for PO

Whine when the PO is up but release date is 15 months out

Whine during the wait

Whine about the delay

Whine about slow shipping

Whine about SSC shipment order

Whine about a little imperfection that makes it only 99% screen accurate

Whine about not having a whining thread.

I merely commented on and memed the obvious:wink1:

Yeah, but it's still Spider-man. Just because there's not as much enthusiasm for the figure here is by no means indicative of how it will sell. Plus the Miles figure debuted at L.A. Micro Con back in April, 3 weeks or so before Kuiil was shown. It shouldn't have been a surprise to see him go up for order first.

Yeah, but it's still Spider-man. Just because there's not as much enthusiasm for the figure here is by no means indicative of how it will sell. Plus the Miles figure debuted at L.A. Micro Con back in April, 3 weeks or so before Kuiil was shown. It shouldn't have been a surprise to see him go up for order first.

It's kinda Spiderman, but that is stretching. It's a really weird looking video game figure on roller skates with a cat. And as such it's clearly super popular based on all the interest it has generated.

I call out stupid Star Wars stuff too by the way, not just Marvel. It wouldn't be as big a deal but with HT production power clearly nerfed, the time and resources could be much more wisely diverted towards something else.

It's kinda Spiderman, but that is stretching. It's a really weird looking video game figure on roller skates with a cat. And as such it's clearly super popular based on all the interest it has generated.

I call out stupid Star Wars stuff too by the way, not just Marvel. It wouldn't be as big a deal but with HT production power clearly nerfed, the time and resources could be much more wisely diverted towards something else.

I don't know how "weird looking" it is - it's basically the Miles version of Peter's Deluxe Homecoming figure, less the blazer and with roller blades, gym shoes and a cat thrown in. I opted for the basic HC figure back then, but I'm seriously considering this one. And I wouldn't jump to conclusions with respect to its popularity based on forum traffic when it was released the day before the first long holiday weekend with reduced pandemic restrictions. There's a slight chance people are preoccupied with other things...unlike us. :lol

As for the wisdom in releasing Miles right now, I'm guessing HT has a better handle on how well their PS4/PS5 Spidey releases are selling than we do. :wink1:

mms426-s11.jpgvgm50-9.jpg

Thankfully we got a trash figure of a character so popular that it took twelve hours for anyone to even bother making a thread for that has generated a whopping 16 comments in over 24 hours since the trash figure's release.

Some of us like trash - this is me and ruffles debuting our Miles/bodega cosplay outfits for SDCC21:lecture As you can see it would have been perfect for Micro-con but that was webcam only.:gah:

HtObwcc.png

Some of us like trash - this is me and ruffles debuting our Miles/bodega cosplay outfits for SDCC21:lecture As you can see it would have been perfect for Micro-con but that was webcam only.:gah:

HtObwcc.png
Well since Tali likes it I'll stop making fun. As an aside the suit is perfect for taking a swim after cosplaying at conventions...
d6dace94f68b69ca1660f4a9cc008991.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hot Toys is going to take the safe bet.

Whatever the total number of Star Wars fans vs Spider-Man fans might be, there are more Spider-Man fans than Kuiil fans. I say this being a big fan of Kuiil and Star Wars being my #1 collecting priority.

But if selling variants or repaints of figures and focusing on popular characters mean that they can stay in business and keep making figures, then they have to do what they have to do.

Hopefully they will sandwich figure releases with a smaller target audience between several safer figures.

I'd rather have a Bespin Ugnaught in my collection than Kuiil. IMO the show was a good watch but I find myself struggling through watching again.

Now they?re just torturing us, far right hand side.

607b1f4d6d689e4d4f6ba01f917e82b7.jpg

Haha yeah you're right there. This is a pic of Howards private collection. Off camera to the right are all the promised prototypes which never surfaced. :lol

Interesting that he has an Empire Strikes Back poster in prime position right behind him on the wall. Yet this is the film we haven't seen many figures at all from.

Double torture !!!

Back