1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - SPECULA

Your sacrifice will be much appreciated (pending announcement).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will happen soon because it’s my luck ☹️

Anyways a few pics to show what I’ve got
c9fb5bf2327e27d2bc1eb6a710bd87fd.jpg
a8984b8cc74477cf732afa488a251044.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - SPECULA

Luke, will we have your figure soon announced?

iPs1Sm3.png

Haha! Brutal!

Cards on the table, I’m a TLJ hater at least as it relates to Luke’s character, but this video is the first to make me actually raise an eyebrow of interest...

Cards on the table, I’m a TLJ hater at least as it relates to Luke’s character, but this video is the first to make me actually raise an eyebrow of interest...

Nah sorry, even if this is what they were truly going for it basically didn't work in the film for me. Maybe Ruin Johnson's downfall is he is just too clever for my meagre brain, overthinking everything so that it appeared a jumbled mess in my eyes.

Luke throwing away the 'saber is a perfect case. In Jedi he knows the Emperor has him beaten but he's finally accepted his position and fulfilled his destiny in becoming a Jedi and facing down Vader. That spark of 'hope' turned into something marvelous.
In TLJ he throws away the lightsaber and marches off like a petulant child.

This video repeats the same old adage (cue the violins) that Luke has failed at everything so retreated to an island to die blah blah blah but I can't help ask again WHY LEAVE A FRICKIN MAP!!
He bravely faced down the most brutal psychopath in the galaxy - who happens to be his own father - alone, comes out on top and helps save the galaxy from the tyrannical Empire.
His flaws in the OT made him appealing in TLJ his flaws made him a chump.

Sorry QGF this isn't a flame against you, the title of that video got my hackles up then I watched it lol. :rotfl

Just FYI Luke didn't leave a map to him. The map was to what was thought to be the first Jedi Temple. Han says "The people that knew him best thought he went looking for the first jedi temple". It's also why Kylo says that the Empire was able to get the rest of the map from the Empire's navigation charts. And if you care about the books or visual dictionary stuff at all, Lor Son Tekka (the dude Poe gets the map from) is a member of the Church of the force which is why they had the map.

It was never a map to Luke. Yes, Finn says "That map leads straight to Luke Skywalker!" but it's not a map to Luke.

Not saying you have to like any part of it, but thinking Luke left a map to himself is just incorrect.

Just FYI Luke didn't leave a map to him. The map was to what was thought to be the first Jedi Temple. Han says "The people that knew him best thought he went looking for the first jedi temple". It's also why Kylo says that the Empire was able to get the rest of the map from the Empire's navigation charts. And if you care about the books or visual dictionary stuff at all, Lor Son Tekka (the dude Poe gets the map from) is a member of the Church of the force which is why they had the map.

It was never a map to Luke. Yes, Finn says "That map leads straight to Luke Skywalker!" but it's not a map to Luke.

Not saying you have to like any part of it, but thinking Luke left a map to himself is just incorrect.

Lor San Tekka - but yes I get your point. And yes I care a lot about the Lore so I know who the dude is. :wink1:

Did Luke not think that would be a pretty stupid place to hide if by inference people knew he was looking for the lost temple.
(Ergo its like leaving a map to where you are hiding. . . )

Nah sorry, even if this is what they were truly going for it basically didn't work in the film for me. Maybe Ruin Johnson's downfall is he is just too clever for my meagre brain, overthinking everything so that it appeared a jumbled mess in my eyes.

Luke throwing away the 'saber is a perfect case. In Jedi he knows the Emperor has him beaten but he's finally accepted his position and fulfilled his destiny in becoming a Jedi and facing down Vader. That spark of 'hope' turned into something marvelous.
In TLJ he throws away the lightsaber and marches off like a petulant child.

This video repeats the same old adage (cue the violins) that Luke has failed at everything so retreated to an island to die blah blah blah but I can't help ask again WHY LEAVE A FRICKIN MAP!!
He bravely faced down the most brutal psychopath in the galaxy - who happens to be his own father - alone, comes out on top and helps save the galaxy from the tyrannical Empire.
His flaws in the OT made him appealing in TLJ his flaws made him a chump.

Sorry QGF this isn't a flame against you, the title of that video got my hackles up then I watched it lol. :rotfl

Oh, believe me, no offense taken. I’m still with you. As I said, this video just got an eyebrow raise out of me, nothing more. Your petulant child remark is on the money, and perfectly describes exactly how I took it at first viewing all the way to today.

But since art is often in the consuming, I’m trying to take the time to allow in other interpretations. This video was the first to at least clear the bar of people defending Star Wars just because it’s Star Wars. After my first screening of TLJ, I tried that too internally, it I just couldn’t sit with it.

Cheers!

No, perfect would have been him simply dropping it at his feet, throwing it was done for a laugh, and to subvert fan expectations, as with everything in this movie

Oh, believe me, no offense taken. I’m still with you. As I said, this video just got an eyebrow raise out of me, nothing more. Your petulant child remark is on the money, and perfectly describes exactly how I took it at first viewing all the way to today.

But since art is often in the consuming, I’m trying to take the time to allow in other interpretations. This video was the first to at least clear the bar of people defending Star Wars just because it’s Star Wars. After my first screening of TLJ, I tried that too internally, it I just couldn’t sit with it.

Cheers!

:) I can understand that completely and have done the same to see what it is I just "didn't get". You're so right though if anything all this has done is make me like TFA a little less which is a shame as I flipping loved that film until . . . .TLJ had me over analyzing EVERYTHING! Shame but you can't please all the people all the time I suppose.

The only problems I had with TFA were pretty trivial, wish Kylo had stayed hidden for one film, wish it was Luke that caught the lightsaber on Starkiller instead of Rey (talk about thunderous applause if that had happened) and the fact they could actually work out where Luke was if they tried a bit. I was ready to overlook it all though as hell, Luke would be coming back no matter what so sure, they were just leaving him be for the time being . . . .

Anyway, hope if they DO make this figure all of TLJ fans enjoy it as I'm sure HT's will nail it if they make him.:)

Yeah, tbh I like TLJ (though I have some gripes), but I do think if he had just dropped the saber or even just tossed it to the side it would have been better than over the shoulder. I don't think RJ intended that part to be funny, especially when he describes it in the documentary - but just the "throw **** over your shoulder" thing that we associate with being funny takes over any impact the scene was really supposed to have. Him just dropped it in front of him and stepping over it would probably be my #1 choice and then throwing it to the side would still be better than over the shoulder.

I'm a person that's in the camp of just being happy we are getting more Star Wars stuff in general. I expected Luke to die in 7 when I heard they were making 7-9, so I was happy that he got an arc that was for himself and he wasn't just the Obi-Wan.

Yeah, tbh I like TLJ (though I have some gripes), but I do think if he had just dropped the saber or even just tossed it to the side it would have been better than over the shoulder. I don't think RJ intended that part to be funny, especially when he describes it in the documentary - but just the "throw **** over your shoulder" thing that we associate with being funny takes over any impact the scene was really supposed to have. Him just dropped it in front of him and stepping over it would probably be my #1 choice and then throwing it to the side would still be better than over the shoulder.

I'm a person that's in the camp of just being happy we are getting more Star Wars stuff in general. I expected Luke to die in 7 when I heard they were making 7-9, so I was happy that he got an arc that was for himself and he wasn't just the Obi-Wan.

I agree that tossing it aside rather than over the shoulder would have been a much better choice. The same way he tossed his lightsabre away in RoTJ when he told the Emperor he would never join the dark side, he was a Jedi, like his father before him. Would have been more poetic to bookend that moment with the same gesture rejecting all of that.

BTW, a Master Luke could be done too, different skirt and different boots from Ach To suit.

7vGVk9x.png

Last edited:

If they made this Luke I may be tempted to pick up the second character in my collection from the Sequel trilogy. Kylo from TFA was my first and only figure to date. I like the look of the character and thought his character was great and had potential until the temper tantrums started and he removed his helmet. It was all downhill from there.

The actor did a great job with what he was given but his character acting like a two year old at a birthday party not for him was not befitting of a 30 plus year old dark side user. I get that there needs to be a different type of villain than Darth Vader but if you are trying to aspire to be him you’d think you’d act a bit more like him. Cool. Calculated. Menacing. Intimidating.

As far as Luke goes, he was my favorite thing in this movie by a long shot. Even though I’m disappointed with how they handled his story arc, Lukes parts were the best thing about the film. That being said there were a lot of cringy moments that I can’t unsee. Milking the space cow. Tossing the saber. It all adds up.

But I think we can all agree that the battle between him and Kylo was the most spectacular thing in the entire movie. This is where I disagree with that video “explanation” of Luke’s character. It showed Luke as he used to be throughout ROTJ and at the end of TLJ. Self sacrificing, idealistic, calm, confident. He displayed those traits during the entire movie of ROTJ and yes he had a moment of weakness during the battle and let the dark side over take him momentarily which shows he’s not without flaws and just how seductive the dark side is but it doesn’t show he’s a killer and impulsive. Prone to overreaction. He outgrew those things after Empire. In ROTJ we see a new Luke, still flawed but grown.

Well considering the lack of HT figures for TLJ (I wonder why that is) ???

I guess I'll have to be happy with my Lego "topless Kylo Ren" version !:rotfl :rotfl

2320620_0.jpg

WHY LEAVE A FRICKIN MAP!!

Explained a hundred times already!
He didn’t ...

I've tried to figure it out from watching - but can anyone tell if the hood is attached to the robe or his shirt (like the exile outfit)? I think it's attached to the robe, but on some of the close ups, it looks like separate parts at times. Looks like he's wearing 3 layers or so?

I'm assuming that was either improperly written or just changed once TLJ was written.

From the TLJ Visual Dictionary:

"WHEN IMPERIAL FORCES surrendered in the aftermath of the Battle of Jakku, Luke Skywalker began a lengthy quest to recover as much lost Jedi knowledge as possible. Over the years, he uncovered tantalising clues as to the origin point of the Jedi, but its exact location remained a mystery. When he finally did piece together its location with the help of the old scholar Lor San Tekka, Skywalker kept this information to himself. An unnamed island, located in the northern latitudes of Ahch-To, was the site of the first Jedi temple. It was this world, and its temple island, where Luke would eventually hide away from the galaxy."

From Pablo Hidalgo on Twitter (dude that has a heavy hand in canon + visual dictionaries):

aB4zNc0.jpg

So, I assume that IF Luke gave him the map it was just intended to be for his knowledge in terms of where the temple is? Otherwise, they just wrote the details after TFA visual dictionary came out.

Back