1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's any force projecting involved in that Luke/ATAT panel from Dark Empire.

And I don't recall anything like the force projection ability seen in TLJ being done in any previous major SW story.

It was in Dark Empire #5. It was referred to as a "Dark-Side power":

Star Wars - Dark Empire Trilogy-124.jpg

It was in Dark Empire #5. It was referred to as a "Dark-Side power":

Glad we got to see some derivation of that in the big screen.

Yeah we just got grumpy disheveled disconnected hobo Luke instead of bad ass dark side i wear my daddy's outfit grand master luke from Rian. Thanks guy.

It would have worked with 30-35 year old Hamill. Late 60's Hamill? Not so much.

Glad we got to see some derivation of that in the big screen.

It would have worked with 30-35 year old Hamill. Late 60's Hamill? Not so much.
Yah at 60 he didnt have time to go dark and then come back. Someone had mentioned Mark and Adam needed their own Kenobi style show to do the Jedi Academy bit. This is even more apparent now that theyve shown the knights of ren were existant before Kylo and luke and Ben solo fighting them off together in jedi garb in the newest outing in the comics... under a Kylo Ren self title like Vader has... sucks because I wouldve loved to have seen the Yuuzan Fang and Prince Xizor on the big screen!
3311f1ec701341f84a6e46bb75c5855b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I never understand this point - he "doesn't leave footprints" but casts a shadow? In the top image, his right foot (heel area) clearly appears to be casting a shadow, so we were supposed to pick up the no footprints as a clue that he wasn't really there, but ignore the shadow which you'd think proves he is?

You could believe maybe he had some sort of special boot soles that don't disturb the snow/salt much or something, but not casting a shadow would be pretty conclusive proof of someone not being there - yet they rendered one in.

It's especially obvious because they chose to use a setting sun backdrop - a gloomy midday might have hidden shadows better.

It's not a hallucination that only one person experiences. It's a visual projection, much more superior to the holo projection. So, as different light beams interact with each other, it can be expected that a solid projection can cut the light beams from the sun and drop shadow with a similar interaction. On the other hand, it has no mass so no footprint.

It's not a hallucination that only one person experiences. It's a visual projection, much more superior to the holo projection. So, as different light beams interact with each other, it can be expected that a solid projection can cut the light beams from the sun and drop shadow with a similar interaction. On the other hand, it has no mass so no footprint.

That sounds like a hologram - I understand the idea of force projection as more akin to a ghost. More about the supernatural, just like the force, than science - ie laser, screen and medium for a hologram.

Even if a ghost appears as a living person, I don't think anyone would believe it casts a shadow if it appeared under a street light... or stood in front a setting sun on Crait.

Well if Luke went through the effort to create a solid, utterly convincing projection of himself (able to walk through a Resistance base and interact with people), then it makes sense that projection would also be solid enough to cast a shadow. It wasn't transparent in any way, and is clearly a very different thing from the Force Ghosts we've seen before.

I?m in such an odd place emotionally over this figure!

Although I appreciate many of the technical, film making, and performance elements of TLJ, the betrayal of the character of Luke Skywalker for a storyline stunt pretty much erases anything good I might have otherwise taken away from the movie.

And yet, here I am with a pre-order of this figure!

And while Luke on Crait was arguably the most satisfying part of the movie for a lot of us, it also is the full encapsulation/personification of what I hated most about the movie! Luke ultimately never showed up!

And despite ALL of this, I probably own more figures from TLJ than any other film in the series (excepting ANH)!

What?s wrong with me!?

Oh and this. 100% THIS! LOL!

Although I appreciate many of the technical, film making, and performance elements of TLJ, the betrayal of the character of Luke Skywalker for a storyline stunt pretty much erases anything good I might have otherwise taken away from the movie.

And while Luke on Crait was arguably the most satisfying part of the movie for a lot of us, it also is the full encapsulation/personification of what I hated most about the movie! Luke ultimately never showed up!

And despite ALL of this, I probably own more figures from TLJ than any other film in the series (excepting ANH)!

What?s wrong with me!?

I bought this figure and Old Leia.

I did not buy TLJ poppins Leia and Force Projection Luke nonsense.

I bought EU versions of the 3 OT Heroes.
I put them together as the movies should have done. They look superb together, marshalling the New Rupblic as written in numerous EU novels.

Not having any of JJ and Rian rubbish tarnish Lucas's masterpiece.

Well if Luke went through the effort to create a solid, utterly convincing projection of himself (able to walk through a Resistance base and interact with people), then it makes sense that projection would also be solid enough to cast a shadow. It wasn't transparent in any way, and is clearly a very different thing from the Force Ghosts we've seen before.

Didn't he hand Leia the dice also? As in not holographic at all and containing mass? It honestly makes no sense switching from one scene to another.

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

What?s wrong with me!?

Almost verbatim on how I am with regards to this luke figure. Hated...HATED what they did to the character, but can't deny his force projection design is cool. I see it as the logical evolution of his design, mostly dark, with a hint of light displayed by the inner collar. It looks great.

I own this figure and in my head canon, the sequel trilogy never happened but this is Grand Master Luke from the expanded universe.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat in this fig as an older OT Luke but as much as I didn't like the ideas, it was beautifully shot in TLJ. If I had seen a few pics of the Crait encounter in the late 80s in isolation I would have thought it was so cool. A dude in black with a red-cross saber coming down from a wall of walkers, a snow-ish planet, setting sun, Luke looking badass.

But yeah the dice has to be the strangest aspect of the force projection - like did they feel like actual dice in-hand? Did Leia know? Dice were so unimportant (possibly even unknown) to Leia - why choose them as symbolizing Han? How did they endure after Luke's death (and there's about a half dozen major unanswered questions about why exactly Luke died doing this)? You mention one aspect like the dice and a flood of questions comes up that goes far beyond why a ghost would cast a shadow.:lol

Back