Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and this is how Hot Toys branding their live action figures with "Clone Wars" works.

Just wait until Filoni gets all the Clone Wars animated figures into The Mandalorian live action :lol

Then Hot Toys will go and make all the troopers instead :lol

Screen-Shot-2020-05-12-at-9-15-34-AM.png

Well this solves that, she'll look like Katee Sackhoff. Given she'll be in The Mandalorian Season 2 and was a good part of the tail end of The Clone Wars I would say the odds of Bo-Katan being made is relatively high.

So happy that the original voice actress of Bo-Katan gets to play her in live action as well. Will be fine either way if Hot Toys makes an animated or Mandalorian season 2 version since represents the character I love. Just hoping since nothing officially confirmed yet for Mandalorian team about Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka. That we get surprised and it is still Ashley. Hate seeing negative news channels like beyond the trailer discredit Ashley Eckstein still as only a voice actress. While Ashley herself even stated she started out as on screen acting.

I can't believe this piece of hand-waving even caught any traction with Star Wars fans. The ones who are notorious for picking out plot holes an inconsistencies. Nik Sant doesn't even look like Rex. How could they be the same person? That whole debacle frustrates me to no end.

Filoni's done a lot of good the past few years, but the fact that he threw this out there is a pretty big blemish on his record.

No worse an idea than all of a sudden the kid with the Iron Man mask at the end of Iron Man 2 was Peter Parker. And Feige decided to go with it, and now we have the new retconned 1st app of Peter Parker in the MCU. :slap

The final episode of rebels explicit states Rex fought in the battle of Endor but did not show it. So people are free to make up their own minds if Nik Sant was Rex or not. No need to get all upset over it.

The final episode of rebels explicit states Rex fought in the battle of Endor but did not show it. So people are free to make up their own minds if Nik Sant was Rex or not. No need to get all upset over it.

Exactly. Same thing with the IM2 kid. Who cares what the creators say? I simply don't believe that's Peter Parker, and it does not matter what you believe, because he will never say "I'm the kid you rescued at the Stark Expo!" Unless it's contradicted by the media itself you're free to believe whatever you want.

Ties into this concept: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WordOfGod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worse an idea than all of a sudden the kid with the Iron Man mask at the end of Iron Man 2 was Peter Parker. And Feige decided to go with it, and now we have the new retconned 1st app of Peter Parker in the MCU. :slap

That's not accurate. The exact opposite happened.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/tom-holland-confirms-that-peter-parker-appeared-in-iron-1796423390

It’s funny, I literally had a conversation with Kevin like 20 minutes before [The Huffington Post] interview and he didn’t confirm it, I took it upon myself just because I thought it would be a good story and it’s exploded.

Good grief. Saw a notice about this being up for PO this afternoon and it's already sold out at BBTS. Do they have really low numbers available for PO these days? Frustrating.

I don't watch The Clone Wars, so can anyone tell me what all the tally notches all over Rex's armor represents? Please don't say its the number of battle droids he blew up 'cause that would be the dumbest thing ever to keep track of. That entire droid army is useless. Didn't Qui Gon and Obi-Wan kill like 2000 of them within 5 minutes of arriving on Naboo? Hell Jar Jar killed an entire legion of them using his blue balls and an 8-year-old wearing a child-sized flight helmet blew up their entire command centre using a spinning trick.

I don't watch The Clone Wars, so can anyone tell me what all the tally notches all over Rex's armor represents? Please don't say its the number of battle droids he blew up 'cause that would be the dumbest thing ever to keep track of. That entire droid army is useless. Didn't Qui Gon and Obi-Wan kill like 2000 of them within 5 minutes of arriving on Naboo? Hell Jar Jar killed an entire legion of them using his blue balls and an 8-year-old wearing a child-sized flight helmet blew up their entire command centre using a spinning trick.

It's never specifically stated I don't think, but some people think they mean every successful mission. He does specifically say that he doesn't keep track of kills.

I'm not really getting the likeness from this sculpt yet. Needs tweaks before release. Rex is basically just a slightly aged up Temuera Morrison (older clone) with a bleached/dyed buzz cut.
Doesn't matter whether you're looking at a younger Temuera or a slightly older Temuera, this just isn't him. Looks like a balding Sam Worthington.
It's like they tried to interpret the animation model and lost touch with the real living person it's based on in the process.

NNALeP6.jpg?

I tried tweaking it myself. Biggest changes were to the eyebrows, the overall shape of the upper head & forehead, and the skintone.

• Skintone darkened.
  • Top half of the head (frontal and parietal) shrunk down and reshaped.
  • Hairline adjusted to better match Temuera's recession pattern (slightly less recessed overall, and less rounded in corners of forehead).
  • Paint fade between hairline and skin for more natural transition.
  • Eyebrow size and shape adjusted (proportionally shrunk down but simultaneously thickened).
  • Glabella wrinkles (between the eyes) made less symmetrical for accuracy.
  • Slight crows feet added to corners of eyes.
  • Jawline rounded and angle lowered.
  • Wrinkles on the ala of nose (wings) strengthened.
  • Nostrils slightly more flared.
  • Forehead wrinkles re-positioned.
  • Corners of mouth raised slightly.

I think this looks more like Rex:
xgwKWdx.jpg

And of course a GIF version to make adjustments more obvious:
9cnNDwM.gif

I actually want to display this guy without his helmet (holding it) so I really hope they make improvements.

Successfully accomplished battles/missions and still alive. Its a sacred thing among the clones.

Fatality rates are extremely high for these clone troopers during TCW.

It's never specifically stated I don't think, but some people think they mean every successful mission. He does specifically say that he doesn't keep track of kills.

Successfully accomplished battles/missions and still alive. Its a sacred thing among the clones.

Fatality rates are extremely high for these clone troopers during TCW.

Oh that is a much better thing to keep track of if you are a clone. Thanks for the reply.

Back