Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They actually made his unmaskEd head look more like the movie actor rather than the CG series it’s based on :lol

Now that I finally got onboard with the clone troopers my fav look are:

1. Cody
2. Airborne
3. Bly
4. Deviss
5. Rex

Cool thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had never heard of Deviss until DiF?bio mentioned him and as soon as I saw him I put him on my top five he looks awesome DiFabio has great taste lol

Deviss was originally the model for Bly until they changed it during production. They're virtually the same, just in different colors.

I don't like the look of Rex, mostly because of the helmet. It's a weird amalgamation of the phase 1 and phase 2, which I don't like. That, along with the blue mold lines on his face, it looks like he has a mustache or something. It's ugly imo.

Cody is tops.

This doesn't look like the Clone Wars. Perhaps they shouldn't have advertised it as such?

I think this is the main point. Hot Toys should not have advertised these using the Clone Wars logo. That is very misleading.

Now they will suffer the wrath of the animated Clone Wars crowd with every new release. I did see (I think it was in the 40yr Anniversary Vader) FB comments section, someone posted an animated Ahsoka picture saying they wanted that. It got over 100 likes. That is pretty rare and shows the support for Ahsoka and the Clone Wars.

No doubt there is another animated forum somewhere where they are all bitching about the real life figure release.

Oh well, I'm still happy it is live action. I still think there is a chance they are working on animated versions of some characters though as a seperate thing. Seems there is a need and Hot Toys goes with need, because need = $$$.

If they're getting into bikes, Neo wouldn't be bad with his BARC troopers.

Gree and the camo scout troopers also look pretty cool. Gree would also fit well with HT PT Yoda.

View attachment 484896

View attachment 484897

View attachment 484898

Funnily enough, I think the Kashyyyk Clone Scout Troopers are one of the only Clone Troopers Sideshow didn't make. They're incredibly unique and seem to be one of the fan favourite designs, so it's a no-brainer for Hot Toys. The same could be said of the Galactic Marines.

Galactic.jpg

Oh well, I'm still happy it is live action. I still think there is a chance they are working on animated versions of some characters though as a seperate thing. Seems there is a need and Hot Toys goes with need, because need = $$$.

I thinking this same thing too (maybe I'm just hoping). Maybe they painted themselves in a corner due to Cody being live action already so they "had" to make other clones also live action as well. I'm still hoping to see an animated Anakin, Obi-wan, and Ashoka as their looks are so distinctive for the show.

The twin blasters seem a tad small IMO but otherwise, extremely happy with how it looks. Will PO this week for sure.

Extra cost over Cody likely has to do with the fact that Rex is coming with an extra helmet. I'm just waiting for my local retailer to pop him up pre-order and i'll snag him right away. I have been searching for a SSC Rex Phase II for a REASONABLE price for quite some time and all i get are people asking me for ebay prices which is ridiculous. SSC Rex's value has just gone to regular. At this point if someone wanted to sell him to me i would offer $200 USD which is more than fair considering the superior Hot Hoys version is right around the corner.

Yeah the nerve of folks to ask for the going rate of their property :slap

Ordered. I just broke my rule of collecting OT characters only.

I sold all my Sideshow clones off a few years ago, always regretted it. Rex is my absolute favorite.

I also ordered Cody today. Slippery slope this is....

Ordered. I just broke my rule of collecting OT characters only.

I sold all my Sideshow clones off a few years ago, always regretted it. Rex is my absolute favorite.

I also ordered Cody today. Slippery slope this is....

A slippery slope indeed. I still have my Sideshow Rex and Cody and so far I've resisted replacing them with the HT version... so far. The only consolation to sliding down the slope is that Rex is scheduled a year out already and will likely slide into Fall of 2021. Any subsequent Clone Wars figures are likely out that far as well. So, it's a delayed slide into the abyss. :)

Doesn't seem so bad now but just wait until they reveal all the OT ones we've been waiting for, also with Fall 2021 releases. :lol

And who knows what else Clone Wars they have in store.

$255 :lol

Oh man, Hot Toys might actually start pumping repaints out if they get away with these prices.

Yeah the nerve of folks to ask for the going rate of their property :slap

Respectfully, I don't blame people for asking for the "going rate" - i just can't see anyone paying over $1000 USD for a $150 figure. That's insane....People can ask for whatever price they want, it's just a matter of who the heck will pay that....certainly not me.

Unfortunately, Ebay sellers list these figures far higher than what they are worth hoping someone will snag it. The going rate then by people on forums like Sideshowfreaks and Rebelscum escalate as a consequence of this.

I bought a brand new MIB 442nd Sideshow Clone Trooper from someone on a forum a month ago for $160 Canadian dollars shipped to me. No haggling what so ever. This was the asking price. I would have paid more if he asked for it. A great deal. At least this individual has some sense on what to charge for a figure that is not worth $400USD according to Ebay....

If they went porcelain, gold and copper on the ANH Troopers, I don?t see why they wouldn?t go rainbow skittles on these guys :fest :dunno

I think this is the main point. Hot Toys should not have advertised these using the Clone Wars logo. That is very misleading.

Now they will suffer the wrath of the animated Clone Wars crowd with every new release. I did see (I think it was in the 40yr Anniversary Vader) FB comments section, someone posted an animated Ahsoka picture saying they wanted that. It got over 100 likes. That is pretty rare and shows the support for Ahsoka and the Clone Wars.

No doubt there is another animated forum somewhere where they are all bitching about the real life figure release.

I don't think HT is trying to get tons of new collectors with this, I think the wrath they're trying to avoid is people like me, who have many figures and lots of Prequel figures already. I'm not going to re-buy Anakin, Kenobi, Dooku, Yoda, and Cody again in animated style to have a separate display. But I'm buying this Rex and Ahsoka to include in my display already since they mix in perfectly.

I wouldn't be buying this if it was an animated style. I think comparisons to Spider-Verse figures are off because that's it's own franchise, those characters never mixed with their MCU figures, so it's totally different.

Back